Thread: Portland

Default Portland

I think Portland could upgrade their PG position and they have interesting pieces that could fill needs for us both in basketball and financial perspective.

This deal I think depends on the resigning of Jack. If it's done then...

Pacers send TJ Ford
    Blazers send Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw

why for Portland: obviously they get a better PG who has great handles, can dish it out can create his shot from mid range. Plus he would take pressure off of Roy for creating in the offense. His deal is just a year longer but should not impact Portland's plans for the future (resigning their trio Roy Aldridge Oden)

why for Indiana: we get solid back ups at two positions of need. Both Blake and Outlaw are decent players and would help us for one year especially Outlaw as we don't know when Dun Dun will be back. Even with the signing of Jones we're still a bit thin on the wings... If course we'd gain more financial flexibility and breathing room from LT for 2010-2011 summers as we will get close to it with the increases in salaries and the flat or decreasing cap

whatdoyouthink?

Mood

Default Re: Portland

If we can land Jack I think it could be a good deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Be a wonderful deal for us, but I think Portland would pretty much laugh at us.

I doubt that they feel TJ is much of an improvement at the point over Blake. And when you realize TJ makes twice as much as Blake and has another year left, whereas both guys from Portland are expirings, Im guessing Portland can do much better.

I think it's a fair trade, but it's not something Portland really needs to do. How much does Portland really need a dribble pounding Ford?

Consider this: Steve Blake was pretty much ahead of Jarrett Jack for most of the time that Jack was in Portland.

And Jack is the guy who eventually overtook TJ Ford at the end season for Portland. I just don't see Portland taking on the extra year of salary they'd need to commit to TJ.