Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Another "Probably Nothing" rumor Artest for Pierce

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Another "Probably Nothing" rumor Artest for Pierce

    I'm not believing this one nearly as much as the Atlanta stuff, but it's a very borying time and any 'news' is worth posting right now

    http://www.indystar.com/forums/showt...threadid=71364

    Artest, Cro and future 1st rounder to Boston for Pierce.

    I heard this one on ESPN radio today. I kinda like it since it involves dumping Cro's contract and keeps our core team intact.
    It was one of the guests on either Dan Patrick or The Herd. He said Ainge has had a hard-on for Artest since watching him bascially make PP look like "a NBDL player" in the first round of the playoffs. He also said Pierce is the only tradable player on the Celtics roster. Nobody in the NBA wants any of the other players. So if Ainge wants to improve through trades....Pierce is it.
    Anyone else hear Dan Patrick today? Can you confirm or deny this?

    I won't hold my breath until if and when I hear this again from someplace else, but it's a boring time of the summer, so let's discuss:

    Ron and Cro for Pierce and a draft pick.

    You do that, then you can just keep Al as the starting SF.

    Tinsley
    Pierce
    Harrington
    O'Neal
    Foster

    Could be a very interesting lineup.

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Another

    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Another

    I listened to only parts of DP yesterday and did not hear anything about this, but I could have easily missed it.

    If, and I say if the Pacers have decided they have to move Artest. This would be a pretty good deal.

    I really worry about whether Pierce could change his game. Would he be happy averaging 18 pts per game

  4. #4
    75Ranger
    Guest

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.


  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another

    Please don't trade Ron!!!I like Paul and I think he would be great on our team but didn't the first round prove that Ron is better?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Another

    Artest/Harrington/Croshere for Pierce/Perkins/LaFrentz/Draft Pick

    BOOM BABY

    My damn bannaner froze
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  7. #7
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,967

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    Yup.

    The talk of the Olympic team reminds me of the WC's two years back. After seeing what I saw of Pierce's selfish play (not to mention hearing what I heard afterward) I never want to see him in a Pacers uniform. Ever. Considering Quinn Buckner was part of the USA basketball committee back then, I would think Donnie's heard a mouthful from him about it, too.
    ---
    I like shooting guards that can shoot.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by 75Ranger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.
    Get real. He and Artest both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

    Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't get to see the ball to me.

  9. #9
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please don't trade Ron!!!I like Paul and I think he would be great on our team but didn't the first round prove that Ron is better?

    It's not 1 on 1 for the championship!

  10. #10
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Ranger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.
    that was one series. he had 1 bad series. let it go



  11. #11
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    Get real. He and Harrington both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

    Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't get to see the ball to me.

  12. #12
    75Ranger
    Guest

    Default Re: Another


    [/quote]

    Get real. He and Artest both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

    Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't get to see the ball to me.
    [/quote]

    Harrington gets the knock that hes selfish which I think is unfair. Yes he holds on to the ball and makes some stupid decisions but Artest can do the same thing and nobody says a word.

    Look Artest likes to have the ball in his hands, and he likes to take alot of shots, whats so hard to understand about that. He played that way all year but the difference was in the piston series he just wasn't hitting his shots and kept forcing the issue.

    Hes also made the statement that he wants the offense to run through him more. To me hes a selfish offensive player and nothing special in that area of the game.To be fair I think hes a great competitor, great defender so maybe people will tend to give him more leeway then they would with Al.


    [edit=402=1089399728][/edit]

  13. #13
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddies
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Ranger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.
    that was one series. he had 1 bad series. let it go



    Ok, why the rolling eyes at me? Im confused
    The Pistons series was the worst, but Ron dominating the ball (at times) was a problem all year. Thus my response. (nothing personal)

  14. #14
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Ranger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Ranger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

    Jermaine would never see the ball!
    He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.
    Get real. He and Artest both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

    Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't get to see the ball to me.
    Harrington gets the knock that hes selfish which I think is unfair. Yes he holds on to the ball and makes some stupid decisions but Artest can do the same thing and nobody says a word.

    Look Artest likes to have the ball in his hands, and he likes to take alot of shots, whats so hard to understand about that.

    He played that way all year but the difference was in the piston series he just wasn't hitting his shots and kept forcing the issue.

    Hes also made the statement that he wants the offense to run through him more. To me hes a selfish offensive player. Hes also a great competitor, great defender but in my oppinion hes only a good offensive player nothing special in that area of the game.

    I saw him have one bad series against Detroit, but other than that, he didnt seem to selfish to me.

    As for him wanting the ball, the offense runs good throgh him, and he is a competitor, so he wants the ball to go through him. He takes blames for the losses, and gnereally doesnt want to much credit for the wins.

    But he takes the blame by saying HE didn't do enough. ANd that HE needs the ball more.

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Another

    Here is the definition of selfish.

    Selfish
    Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
    Function: adjective
    1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
    2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others


    I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.

  16. #16
    bapspacers4life
    Guest

    Default Re: Another

    Paul Pierce make me wanna

  17. #17
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,967

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.
    Yup.

    Al on the other hand...
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  18. #18
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is the definition of selfish.

    Selfish
    Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
    Function: adjective
    1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
    2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others


    I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.


    Ok, he's a ball hog, not selfish.

  19. #19
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Another

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.
    Yup.

    Al on the other hand...
    That's SUCH bull ****. You don't know the first thing about EITHER of these guys. But you claim that one is something, and the other is somethiing else. DESPITE the FACT that they both do the SAME THING.
    You Artest apologists are gettting REAL old.
    [edit=467=1089436439][/edit]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •