Thread: Boozer?

Default Boozer?

Some sources are suggesting that the Jazz are talking to teams about moving Boozer. If this is true, I wonder if there is any way we could come up with a reasonable deal.

Would any combination of Ford, Murphy, Foster, and future picks be enough to tempt the Jazz. How about Murphy, Ford, and a future first for Boozer and Harpring?

Seems like Ford could be a nice change of pace backing up Williams, who is more of a strong point guard than a really speedy point guard. Also, assuming Millsap resigns, a front line of Millsap and Murphy would make a killing on the glass.

Obviously, the trade would give us the strong power forward we need, and a backup wing. Any chance Utah would make a deal with us??
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Default Re: Boozer?

I don't see how it would make us better. Utah may do it but I don't know if they'd want to pair Murphy with Okur.

Only reason for us to do it is that boozer expires. I doubt we will be in position to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how it would make us better. Utah may do it but I don't know if they'd want to pair Murphy with Okur.

Only reason for us to do it is that boozer expires. I doubt we will be in position to resign him.
    I agree that an Okur and Murphy pairing would be redundant. One of the two, probably Okur, would have to come off the bench.

The fact that Boozer expires is merely an added bonus, as it would give us some money to play with next offseason.

As far as this year is concerned, Boozer is a huge upgrade over Murphy. He was hurt last year, but this guy is a legitimate 20-10 guy. Trading for someone of Boozer's caliber would catapult us from another 35 win season to an almost certain playoff birth.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    I agree that an Okur and Murphy pairing would be redundant. One of the two, probably Okur, would have to come off the bench.

The fact that Boozer expires is merely an added bonus, as it would give us some money to play with next offseason.

As far as this year is concerned, Boozer is a huge upgrade over Murphy. He was hurt last year, but this guy is a legitimate 20-10 guy. Trading for someone of Boozer's caliber would catapult us from another 35 win season to an almost certain playoff birth.
    Yeah, he's better than Murphy but he's coming off of a season in which he was injured the majority. Even if I didn't have health concerns of the guy, I don't think he is better than Murphy AND Ford. Remember, if Jack doesn't resign and we don't swing a trade, Ford's the man at PG.

I do like the idea of a Boozer/Hansbrough and Hibbert/Foster big rotation though.

I think if we;re going to swing a deal with the Jazz, theyre going to force us to take AK47.

Possibly something like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=qyv96l

We send Murphy, Foster, Dunleavy, and Tinsley
    We get AK47 and Boozer

We also save about $4.5 million from this trade
    Last edited by MillerTime; 07-06-2009 at 01:25 AM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I think if we;re going to swing a deal with the Jazz, theyre going to force us to take AK47.

Possibly something like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=qyv96l

We get AK47 and Boozer

I would jump all over that trade. However, unless bizarro Jerry Sloan has entered our dimension and usurped the real Sloan's job, there is no way the Jazz would take Tinsley.

Ford, Rush, Granger, Boozer, and Hibbert with AK47, Hansbrough, and presumably a couple free agents coming off the bench. That would potentially be a fairly formidable squad.

I would not throw in a 1st round in any deal. Utah is doing this to cut payroll .

pacers trade: murphy, tinsley to utah and ford to sac.

sac trades nocioni to utah

utah trades boozer,ak47 to ind.

pacers need to sign jack back as starting point. it gives pacers a real nice bench to lean on next season when dunlevey comes back

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

We get AK47 and Boozer

I think we would need to exclude Dunleavy from the deal. It would give the Jazz the cap relief they are seeking. Also, sending Tinsley in this deal would give the Jazz a choice to keep him around to see if he is a different person and if he can maintain a roster spot, or buy him out and get even more cap relief this year. Next year, they have a few expiring contracts that won't kill them in order to have 5-6M tied up in a buyout. If Millsap is that important to them, they will make a move to free up cap space.

If I am Joe Dumars, I am making a deal where I send a couple of second rounders for Boozer. That puts them right up underneath the LT with 15 players, including draft picks. They probably would want him to agree to an extension before making the trade, but if it came down to it, they would make the move without one.