Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacer Forum Party Update 7-3

Default Pacer Forum Party Update 7-3

Well, by now you should have a pretty good idea if you are comig or not so lets move on.

RWB knows former Pacer Billy Keller & managed to get him to autograph some papers that later turned out to be certificates of appreiciation.

There are three & they will be handed out at the party on the 10th

With a group this size I would like to give them some idea ahead of time what we would like tro order. I'm gonna call in on the 8th with the info.

I figure I can pre-order 3 or 4 & if we need a couple more we can add them later.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks everybody, see ya next weekend.

If you live in the Indianapolis area or would like to make the drive into our fine city, you are most welcome to our....

4th Annual Pacer Forum Party

Saturday July 10 at 6:00
    Castleton Pizza King

The Briggsy's Pizza King is located at 82nd street & Center Run Drive, just east of the Castleton Square Mall. I've noticed they have added a sign at the entrace to the parking lot on Center Run Drive.

The restaurant is in a free standing building in the middle of a parking lot.

If you were standing at the entrance you would be looking east & would see Hooters.

To the south is the Red Lobster

To the north is Burlington Coat Factory

There is a rather large billboard directly over the top of the building. It is rather easy to find, but if you feel you need more info please feel free to call. The Briggsy's Pizza King phone number is 577-4040.

We will be in an area set up for larger groups. About half the dinning area is booths or tables for 2 or 4 people. Our section has a very short wall around it.

You could always ask where the Pacer's Party is but I think for the most part it will be pretty clear where we are.

If you have any question let me know.

If you are not on one of the list below, feel free to add your name. Even if you lurk more than post, you are welcome to come.

Not everyone here list a city where they live, if you know someone that lives near by....feel free to pester them until the agree to attend.

NOT REALLY!

You can ask them though.

Here is the general info with our updated list.

Each summer we have a little get together to meet & greet the friends that we have made here on line over the years.

The date, time & location are listed above.

There are a couple rules that we have.

1. Everyone that reads this forum is invited.

2. If you have mentioned you will be there & can't make it, no biggie. If you show up out of the blue, then you will be a surprised guest & thats always fun.

3. I only listed a start time as a general rule of thumb. If you want to arrive a few minutes early & try to outlast Peck, Uncle Buck & myself, good luck.

If you want to arrive late & just stay for an ice cold Dr. Pepper, that's fine too.

We never have had a set "agenda" or anything like that. We usually start off talking Pacer basketball & that leads to general NBA & forum discussions.

The Pizza King serves a pretty good pizza as well as the usual selections you might find in a family dinner.

There is beer & wine available but you will need to be 21 to enjoy. The atmosphere & discussion is always "family friendly", so if you would like to bring along younger Pacer fans, that would be great too.

I like to make sure I get the word out early & offen because we have some friends that might be coming in from out of town & I want to make sure they have ample notice.

As you might recall. I will not have a set "guest" list but I will have a couple list that I will refer to from time to time.

The first is the I am really gonna try to make it list.

The second will be the I want to, but I won't know until the last minute list.

I'll post another "Pacer Digest Pacer Forum Party" thread each weekend until the big day. You can add, subtract or change from one list to another as offen as you like.

I am really gonna try to make it

Jose Slaughter
    Peck
    Fire the Coach
    Diamond Dave
    Zesty
    Burnzone
    ABA Days
    Hicks
    Uncle Buck
    Magic Rat
    Suaveness
    RWB
    Mrs. RWB
    Roaming Gnome
    Tim
    Kegboy
    Big Mac
    obnoxiousmodesty
    obnoxiousmodesty's roomie
    TheSauceMaster
    Pacer Crazy

I want to, but I won't know until the last minute
    Indy Geezer
    GEL
    Ragnar
    Stryder
    naturallystoned
    Pacersrule04
    Shade

Sorry but I can't make it
    Bball
    Diego
    MSA2CF
    Doug
    Displaced Knick
    Arkman
    Jay@Section222
    Hoop
    btowncolt

[edit=136=1088305317]added info[/edit]
    [edit=136=1088321684][/edit]
    [edit=136=1088453095][/edit]
    [edit=136=1088832315][/edit]
    [edit=136=1088832365][/edit]
    [edit=136=1089167709][/edit]
    [edit=136=1089381478][/edit]
    [edit=136=1089381686][/edit]

Default Re: Pacer Forum Party 6-25 update

Jose, I'll be there for sure unless I have an emergency of some kind.

I realize people back out at the last minute, but if everyone does show who is "going to really try" can Pizza King squeeze us all in. Please don't let this comment dissuade anyone from coming. Jose what is the largest group you have ever had for one of these parties.

I think we had 9 or 10 last summer.

I think there will be plenty of room for everyone. It will a Saturday night in the middle of July. I'm sure there will be some other dinners but for the most part we should rule the place.

One thing we might want to consider is, getting an idea what kind of pizza everyone wants. If we have a couple dozen people show it might be asking a lot for them to make 5 or 6 pies at one time.

How about we do this....

If you are pretty sure you are gonna make it, let me know your choice of toppings.

When I call in on the 8th I'll let them know what our order is.

Mood

At Pizza King, I'm a pepperoni man.

Default Re: Pacer Forum Party 6-25 update - What do ya want on your pizza?

Well, I'm a vegetarian , so cheese would be fine. I also don't mind any combination of onion, cheese, and green pepper, but whatever. Any of those works for me. (I realize the demand for pizzas with veggies is probably low )
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, guys. I'm 100% out now.

After wrestling with construction traffic all day yesterday (following a friend's wedding in Indy Saturday night), my wife has vowed that we aren't leaving Chicago (southbound) for the rest of the summer.

:
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Word of warning for those who don't go we talk about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word of warning for those who don't go we talk about you.
    I'll be happy to mention Jay's bad taste in ties...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section222

After wrestling with construction traffic all day yesterday (following a friend's wedding in Indy Saturday night), my wife has vowed that we aren't leaving Chicago (southbound) for the rest of the summer.

:
    The key word I see there is "we".

Jayswife@Chicago
    Jay@PizzaKing

:P

On that note, I will announce that I won't be attending because UB is afraid there will be too many people and he won't get any pizza.....sort of like Milton in "Office Space".

"The ratio of people to cake is too big"......

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Orange Swingline!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section222

:
    The key word I see there is "we".

Jayswife@Chicago
    Jay@PizzaKing

:P

On that note, I will announce that I won't be attending because UB is afraid there will be too many people and he won't get any pizza.....sort of like Milton in "Office Space".

"The ratio of people to cake is too big"......

Well then, I'm not going either. Don't want UB burning down the building with me in it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not really picky, but I don't really like veggies on pizza, except for the royal feast. I would say at pizza king, my favorites would be all meat, with extra cheese, and the royal feast. Pepperoni and extra cheese is good too, but whatever is fine with me, I'm sure enough people will like something of what is ordered.

Since everyone is claiming now they are not going then I'll do the opposite. RWB and Mrs. RWB will be at the party driving over a hundred miles to get there. So here is the challenge to all others. Yes ladies there will be a female at the party (no excuse for women fans not to show), and other than those who live great distances away it is worth the driving time to be there.

As an incentive Jose and I have a surprise for 3 lucky attendees to the party.

Besides great Pacer talk there will be an exclusive only those who attend Jose's annual party will see.

Mystery eh.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

RWB

I'm gonna let everyone in on the deal when I update the thread at the end of the week.

I'm sorry Jay might not make it but I think Magic Rat & Keyboy were just playing, I'm expecting them to be there.

Can't amke it Jose, sorry. Did try to arrange to be in Indy at that time, but didn't work out.

Sorry, this is offtopic, but I don't know where else to post my thought.

Someone posted on one of these things that he knows Billy Keller, the former Pacer. Does he know about this message board & does he visit often?

I think it would be pretty cool if he posted on here. What other message boards can say that they have former pro players posting on their message boards regularly or semi-regularly?

Anyway, just a thought. I knew whoever said he invited him to the party said he's a pretty busy guy, but can't hurt to ask. BTW, have you (who knows him) told him about the place?

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Anyway, just a thought. I knew whoever said he invited him to the party said he's a pretty busy guy, but can't hurt to ask. BTW, have you (who knows him) told him about the place?
    YES

Jose will have more info at the end of the week.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB

YES

What happens at the end of the week?

YES

Well, that probably guarantees that it will be very crowded. In order to combat that, I will announce that I will attend....That should scare a few people off.......

YES

What happens at the end of the week?
    You're full of questions today ....Jose updates his party post every weekend......

[edit=19=1088541199][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    You're full of questions today ....Jose updates his party post every weekend......
    Hmm...Okay...Does that mean he has already been posting & he will reveal his true identity at the party!? eak:

I'd hate for someone to show up thinking Bill Keller will be there and he's not there. So the answer is no Bill Keller WILL NOT be at the forum party.

Yes he is aware of this site and the Rats forum. Yes he has an open invitation to the forum parties as long as Jose gives his blessings. Someday hopefully he may surprise us with a visit, but it has been difficult because of his summer schedule. The man is very busy with his camps during the summer and I'm afraid he'll be in Terre Haute conducting an overnight camp the 10th. Trust me he knows about the party and sends his best.
    [edit=346=1088551084][/edit]

I'd hate for someone to show up thinking Bill Keller will be there and he's not there. So the answer is no Bill Keller WILL NOT be at the forum party.

Yes he is aware of this site and the Rats forum. Yes he has an open invitation to the forum parties as long as Jose gives his blessings. Someday hopefully he may surprise us with a visit, but it has been difficult because of his summer schedule. The man is very busy with his camps during the summer and I'm afraid he'll be in Terre Haute conducting an overnight camp the 10th. Trust me he knows about the party and sends his best.
    All right, I'm out again.......

(Any kind of pizza will do, btw..... )

[edit=19=1088558894][/edit]

Thanks RWB. I was just speculatin,' that's all. I didn't mean to get you worked up, if I did.