Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proof that the Grizzlies have one of the worst FO in the league - ZBO to Grizz

Sports Logo

Default Proof that the Grizzlies have one of the worst FO in the league - ZBO to Grizz

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...0,238192.story

Posted by Mark Heisler on http://www.latimes.com

Clearing the way for No. 1 pick Blake Griffin, the Clippers have agreed to trade power forward Zach Randolph to Memphis for former Clipper Quentin Richardson, The Times learned today.

Because of salary-cap rules, the deal can't be completed until next week.
    If this is true....and the Grizz Owners truly did object to making an offer to David Lee at $10 mil a year for 5 years....and then turn around and accepted QRich for ZBo....then the Grizzlies FO is one of the worst in the league.

On paper.....ZBo is a solid scoring and rebounding Forward...but he's not the smartest players in the league. But I guess playing next to Thabeet.....his defensive liabilities won't look so bad.

Also.....the Clips did something impossible......they found a Team willing to take on ZBo.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: Proof that the Grizzlies have one of the worst FO in the league - ZBO to Grizz

Yeah, I don't quite get this.

They can't afford to pay Pau Gasol, so they turn right around a year later to acquire Zach Randolph, who essentially has the same contract?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Proof that the Grizzlies have one of the worst FO in the league - ZBO to Grizz

Hmm.

billbradley

wow, i'm impressed the clips got rid of the log jam. what do the griz have to lose, maybe it works. i think next year is gonna be one of the best nba seasons in a while, im hyped

salaries don't match.
    memphis needs to include other salaries. Maybe it's Jaric+QRich. Then it makes a little bit more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    salaries don't match.
    memphis needs to include other salaries. Maybe it's Jaric+QRich. Then it makes a little bit more sense.
    They don't need to match. Memphis is under the cap.

So they're spending their cap space on Zach Randolph. LOL

Lol what a horrible trade then.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Well its not like any big name free agents were gonna sign there or anything.

It does make some sense "on paper" but unfortuantly Zach Randolph is a cancer, even if he is a good fit next to thabeet. What about Gasol though?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

billbradley

lets try and give 'em tinsley for something while they're collecting cancers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Banned

That trade is not as bad as them trying to sing David Lee for 5years and 50mil that was going to be crazy, at least with ZR they would only have a two years contract.

I think Chris Wallace is trying to get mayor of Los Angeles to give him the key to the city.

First, he gift wraps Pau Gasol for the Lakers. Now, he takes Zach Randolph off of the Clippers' hands. Has anyone done more for the professional basketball teams of Los Angeles in the last 2 years than Chris Wallace?
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    lets try and give 'em tinsley for something while they're collecting cancers
    If I could thank you a few more times for this, I would. We need to talk with them asap!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That trade is not as bad as them trying to sing David Lee for 5years and 50mil that was going to be crazy, at least with ZR they would only have a two years contract.
    I'd much rather have Lee at 50 mil for 5 years then ZBo for 2. He's less of a headache, there's less chance that he'll do something to embaress the team, etc.

But whatever....as Aw Heck pointed out....the Grizz just continue to bail out LA Teams.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    I think Chris Wallace is trying to get mayor of Los Angeles to give him the key to the city.
    I read that Wallace wanted DLee....but the Grizz Owners vetoed it. Wallace redeemed himself with going with Thabeet over Rubio.....then had his hands tied with the Grizz owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    First, he gift wraps Pau Gasol for the Lakers. Now, he takes Zach Randolph off of the Clippers' hands. Has anyone done more for the professional basketball teams of Los Angeles in the last 2 years than Chris Wallace?
    Yeah...no kidding.....the Grizzlies have done more to help LA Teams then Kobe and BDiddy.

Ha wow. Randolph really to the Griz, after trading Pau Gasol for practically nothing. Interesting indeed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Darko for ZBo...

I can think of a lot worse deals.

ZBo, for all of his flaws, is still a highly talented offensive player.

He actually had a pretty good season last year.

And what, in a year they have a huge expiring?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Darko for ZBo...

that is what I was saying, the guy is a 20/10 machine.

I would not have made the deal if I were the Grizzles. Might as well just save the money until you are ready to compete.

With that said Randolph is a double double machine as others have said and will make them a lot better. They are going have a lot of fire power with Mayo, Gay, and Randolph. Not to mention Marc Gasol can score the ball too.

At least the Grizzles are trying to win. They don't have the a bench needed to be good but hey it's a pretty low risk move taking on Zach Randolph.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

This actually gives me great hope...that if there is some team out there willing to take on Zach and his show, certainly there has to be a team stupid enough to take Tinsley off our hands. Hey, do you think Memphis needs a PG? They bring in Tinsley and it will be like the Tennessean version of the Jailblazers, all over again. Where's Bonzi?

All-Headcase All-Star team

PF - Zach
    SF - Shawne Williams
    PG - Jamaal Tinsley
    SG - Bonzi
    C - Rasheed

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellogg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The league's two dumbest GMs teaming up to make a deal. Dunleavy Sr. wins this one.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Add Ron-Ron at SF and bring Shawne off the bench.

sweabs

What a mess.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Can Z-Bo play the pick and roll with OJ (or anybody)?

Btw, I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the scoring PUNCH that Zach may provide.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why didn't they trade back, draft Jordan Hill to fill their need at PF, and save headaches as well as millions and let their young core grow together (ala Portland/Indiana)?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Darko for ZBo...

this
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    that is what I was saying, the guy is a 20/10 machine.
    and this

Btw, I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the scoring PUNCH that Zach may provide.[/QUOTE]