Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargnani gets 50 Million

Default Bargnani gets 50 Million

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...07#STORY_20106

The deal, according to NBA front-office sources, would span five seasons starting in 2010-11 and earn Bargnani an estimated $50 million.
    wow, just wow
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bargnani gets 50 Million

awful contract. I have no idea what they see in him...
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Murphy without rebounding with Murphy contract. Ridiculous.

That's insane.

Even if you think he can actually produce at that level, nobody else is offering him that kind of money. Who are you bidding against?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's insane.

Even if you think he can actually produce at that level, nobody else is offering him that kind of money. Who are you bidding against?
    Themselves. He isn't even a free agent, he is just eligible to sign an extension (a la Danny Granger last summer). Even if he were, no one in their right mind would give him that kind of money. Hell, I'd hesitate to give him the full MLE.

Only works out if he blossoms without Bosh.

Heres Murphy v 2.0
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

I think the Raptors are trying to convince Bosh that they are serious about being contenders by extending a key player like Bargnani .

If anything, doesn't this tie the Raptors hands in the 2010-2011 FA Market if and when Bosh leaves?

It leaves the Raptors less options when it comes to overypaying some FA. Now, they jumped the gun and decided to overpay Bargnani.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Holy moses! That will come back to haunt them in a few years. That is a lot of cash for him.

I'm stunned. First because of the spending spree that has been rolling around the league since the season ended after all the bleak predictions in this crisis time. Second because of the stupid contracts that are handed to (I admit) good but far from superstar players (Hedo, Gordon, Vilanueva, and now Bargnani just to name a few).

I have a hard time forecsating big returns on investment and real difference makers. Some of these teams will regret their panick sooner than later... It's getting plain ridiculous. Bird is looking like a genius with his 3 year plan - zen approach

who knows if this is official. There were talks that the Raps signed Marion to a 3 year $32 million contract but that fell apart and they picked up Hedo.

For some reason I don't believe this, I really hope BC isn't this big of an idiot
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Just shows how 4 good games towards the season end can earn you good money.

Bargnani is more Croshere 2.0 than Murphy less rebounds 2.0.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Quote Originally Posted by Haggard View Post
    Just shows how 4 good games towards the season end can earn you good money.

Bargnani is more Croshere 2.0 than Murphy less rebounds 2.0.
    4 good months, it may seem like overpaying now, but clearly Colangelo believes that he is going to break out next season. Also the bigs are always overpayed and will be, if Hibbert shows good game he will also recieve a far heftier contract then a small player with the same impact on the game. Just look at the team rosters and almost every single team will have an overpayed big, it's a trend. Inches pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    4 good months, it may seem like overpaying now, but clearly Colangelo believes that he is going to break out next season. Also the bigs are always overpayed and will be, if Hibbert shows good game he will also recieve a far heftier contract then a small player with the same impact on the game. Just look at the team rosters and almost every single team will have an overpayed big, it's a trend. Inches pay.
    Yeah, true, there is always a premium on size, but Hibbert may not be the best comparison to Bargnani. Hibbert is a true center and he is 7'2. Bargnani is a forward who spends most of his time wandering around the perimeter. He doesn't play great defense, he isn't a great rebounder, really, he's a shooter.

Terrifying, absolutely terrifying contract. Great potential to become one of the worst contracts in the NBA every season it lasts. I was kind of expecting this though (but not this bad), 20ppg 7ft always get money, even though the height in cases like Bargs' is pretty irrelevant.

I think Colagenlo has been doing a lousy job in Toronto. Not a good situation there when he inherited a pretty good one in terms of assets: Bosh, Calderon, pick #1 in the draft, a ton of cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    Terrifying, absolutely terrifying contract. Great potential to become one of the worst contracts in the NBA every season it lasts. I was kind of expecting this though (but not this bad), 20ppg 7ft always get money, even though the height in cases like Bargs' is pretty irrelevant.

I think Colagenlo has been doing a lousy job in Toronto. Not a good situation there when he inherited a pretty good one in terms of assets: Bosh, Calderon, pick #1 in the draft, a ton of cap space.
    Did he really average 20 ppg? Damn, I wasn't really paying that much attention.

I agree that Colangelo has done a poor job thus far in Toronto. This certainly doesn't help his cause. I actually think the Turkoglu signing will come back to haunt them sooner rather than later.

Bargs averaged 15 and 5 last year, which was a huge jump in production for him, especially considering his ppg between 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 actually declined.

He's young, he's proved he can produce decently, and he's 7'0'' 260. All enough to get overpaid in the NBA. But I still don't think this is as bad as some of you are saying.

sweabs

From the 4 or 5 games i saw last year, he was actually one of their best defenders (along with Marion and Parker). Which isn't saying much since they're such a lousy defensive team but he does at least try defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Did he really average 20 ppg? Damn, I wasn't really paying that much attention.
    Not exactly, I should have clarified: he averaged 15ppg for the season. However, he averaged 19.3 ppg post-All Star break, he exploded once Triano took over the team. However, I think he'll need a higher usg% next season to keep scoring at that pace, as I believe his 3pt shooting efficiency will go down a bit.

He's very different from Murphy. he is better shooter, with a much better and more importantly a quicker release. He also can shoot and hit three pointers in traffic, off screens and when contested - Murphy cannot do any of those things. One of my pet peeves is when fans assume all three point shooters are the same. I think there are major differences. Reggie was so great because he could hit threes of screens, could hit them stepping back, turning around, fading away, off the dribble, off the pass, drifting to the right, contested.......I could go on and on. Most normal three point shooters need to be set, open and must shoot it off a good pass - that is much more limited than what Bargnani can do.

I'm not suggesting that he's worth the contract - but he is a much better three point shooter than Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    Not exactly, I should have clarified: he averaged 15ppg for the season. However, he averaged 19.3 ppg post-All Star break, he exploded once Triano took over the team. However, I think he'll need a higher usg% next season to keep scoring at that pace, as I believe his 3pt shooting efficiency will go down a bit.
    He is basicly the same player as Rashard Lewis who will be making twice as much, so he will be the second worst contract in entire NBA for years to come.

Makes Murphy more valuable around the league especially after this year is over.
    A productive big with an expiring will look pretty good especially after the big names are gone and teams are overspending like this year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    He is basicly the same player as Rashard Lewis who will be making twice as much, so he will be the second worst contract in entire NBA for years to come.
    I don't see them as very similar at all.

As I said before, I sure hope Hedo likes the city, because that team is gonna suck.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!