Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Some ideas for this summer

  1. #1

    Default Some ideas for this summer

    I just posted a reply about some problems the Pacers face. With Tyler on board I think you have to move Troy. Neither one of them should sit but they just can't be on the court together if this team wants to win. Of course there is the point guard situation that needs answers. And I assume since we didn't pick up Marquis's option there are no plans for him to return to Indiana so another wing player is needed.

    I'd give the Cavs a call and try and swap Troy Murphy for Big Z. They need to move him and could use a power forward. Troy is productive at least and gives another shooter for Lebron to pass to. For the Pacers it doesn't really make them any better but at least it is an expiring contract.

    Maybe try and move TJ to the Mavs for Jerry Stackhouse and Antoine Wright. Stackhouse didn't play last year so maybe he had injuries IDK. He is entering the last year of his contract. Wright might make a decent backup. Jason Kidd is a free agent and could go elsewhere. Even if he stays TJ would not be a bad pickup for them.

    Raymond Felton could be another option. A sign and trade with Felton coming to Indiana and TJ to the Bobcats. I think the Bobcats like Ford and tried to get him last summer and the Pacers have had interest in Felton I think. I don't see how contracts would match up though.

    Just buyout Jamaal already. There are no takers out there for him with his contract.

  2. #2
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Romnie,

    Golden State (sends)

    J Crawford

    Pacers (send)

    Tinsley

    Diener

  3. #3
    Pride B00sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    troy is a great rebounder and 3 point shooter, i love him...and t.j won games for us last year and he can be great, and jamal crawford got traded to the hawks.

  4. #4
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,794

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just posted a reply about some problems the Pacers face. With Tyler on board I think you have to move Troy. Neither one of them should sit but they just can't be on the court together if this team wants to win. Of course there is the point guard situation that needs answers. And I assume since we didn't pick up Marquis's option there are no plans for him to return to Indiana so another wing player is needed.

    I'd give the Cavs a call and try and swap Troy Murphy for Big Z. They need to move him and could use a power forward. Troy is productive at least and gives another shooter for Lebron to pass to. For the Pacers it doesn't really make them any better but at least it is an expiring contract.

    Maybe try and move TJ to the Mavs for Jerry Stackhouse and Antoine Wright. Stackhouse didn't play last year so maybe he had injuries IDK. He is entering the last year of his contract. Wright might make a decent backup. Jason Kidd is a free agent and could go elsewhere. Even if he stays TJ would not be a bad pickup for them.

    Raymond Felton could be another option. A sign and trade with Felton coming to Indiana and TJ to the Bobcats. I think the Bobcats like Ford and tried to get him last summer and the Pacers have had interest in Felton I think. I don't see how contracts would match up though.

    Just buyout Jamaal already. There are no takers out there for him with his contract.
    Just because we got Tyler, that doesnt mean we need to move Troy. We're going to need some depth in the front court and we are starting to get some now.

    I'd rather keep the young guys (and resign McBob) and move Foster for a swingman or a PG
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  5. #5

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because we got Tyler, that doesnt mean we need to move Troy. We're going to need some depth in the front court and we are starting to get some now.

    I'd rather keep the young guys (and resign McBob) and move Foster for a swingman or a PG
    One of the big reasons I think Larry took Tyler is he is ready to play right away. I expect to see Tyler play for 15-20 minutes a game this year. Tyler and Troy would be playing some together.

    With that in mind and assuming it's right do you really want Troy alongside Tyler? Is that a combination for success on the court?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Romnie,

    Golden State (sends)

    J Crawford

    Pacers (send)

    Tinsley

    Diener
    Talk to Atlanta, not GS

  7. #7
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Yeah, I saw Crawford went for Claxton and AC Law on draft day. I knew Crawford was on the block and was looking for a way to move Tinsley. I think Diener and Tinsley are a better deal than Claxton and AC LAW.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I saw Crawford went for Claxton and AC Law on draft day. I knew Crawford was on the block and was looking for a way to move Tinsley. I think Diener and Tinsley are a better deal than Claxton and AC LAW.

    Claxton has a $5.5M expiring salary that is 80% covered by insurance if he can't play. Law's deal is expiring.

    Tinsley in contrast is owed $14M. It's obvious which is a better option.

  9. #9
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Claxton has a $5.5M expiring salary that is 80% covered by insurance if he can't play. Law's deal is expiring.

    Tinsley in contrast is owed $14M. It's obvious which is a better option.
    I disagree. I will take talent over saving money anyday. Diener is a better player than both Law and Claxton. Golden State still has Maggette, Jackson, Curry, Belini, Morrow, and no protoypical PG. Enter in Tinlsey. Law has battled his injuries as well.

  10. #10
    Member Granger-Rush09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just posted a reply about some problems the Pacers face. With Tyler on board I think you have to move Troy. Neither one of them should sit but they just can't be on the court together if this team wants to win. Of course there is the point guard situation that needs answers. And I assume since we didn't pick up Marquis's option there are no plans for him to return to Indiana so another wing player is needed.

    I'd give the Cavs a call and try and swap Troy Murphy for Big Z. They need to move him and could use a power forward. Troy is productive at least and gives another shooter for Lebron to pass to. For the Pacers it doesn't really make them any better but at least it is an expiring contract.

    Maybe try and move TJ to the Mavs for Jerry Stackhouse and Antoine Wright. Stackhouse didn't play last year so maybe he had injuries IDK. He is entering the last year of his contract. Wright might make a decent backup. Jason Kidd is a free agent and could go elsewhere. Even if he stays TJ would not be a bad pickup for them.

    Raymond Felton could be another option. A sign and trade with Felton coming to Indiana and TJ to the Bobcats. I think the Bobcats like Ford and tried to get him last summer and the Pacers have had interest in Felton I think. I don't see how contracts would match up though.

    Just buyout Jamaal already. There are no takers out there for him with his contract.


    I Couldn't agree more
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Some ideas for this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. I will take talent over saving money anyday. Diener is a better player than both Law and Claxton. Golden State still has Maggette, Jackson, Curry, Belini, Morrow, and no protoypical PG. Enter in Tinlsey. Law has battled his injuries as well.
    Keep trying to sell the rest of the league Tinsley. I'm sure they're all lined up.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
  3. Pacers not participating in Summer League?
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 11:58 AM
  4. Looking ahead: The free-agent class of 2009
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 01:15 PM
  5. This summer will be interesting.
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •