Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70

Thread: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

  1. #26
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    The thing is for Price, he's going to get his shot to show a little something in summer and obviously camp. My only request is that they don't McBob him and give him no time or no deal despite playing well.

    Let these guys play their way back onto the bench if they make good on limited chances to start. I'm not pro-Price over Diener, I'd just like to think the best guy gets the spot or at least gets to stay for now until the contracts are sorted out.

    Plus its JOB, you can never have enough PGs on the court at once. That one was just to make Peck's head explode.

  2. #27

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaychaser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he got caught with them in his room. Marcus tried to pawn them off which was how he got caught. *Which is even dumber. Men's college basketball is the biggest thing in connecticut, everyone would have known who he was and that he was a suspect in the stolen laptops case*. Maybe, just because he didn't actually sell them, or try to, but was going to get a cut of the money anyway, he considers that trying to sell them.
    He admits to trying to sell them. Why slice this any other way? The kid deserves a second chance and fans are likely to give it to him if he doesn't screw up. i like the way he takes responsibility and will pull for him to make the team.

  3. #28

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My only request is that they don't McBob him and give him no time or no deal despite playing well.
    .
    i am still trying to understand why McRob didn't get more minutes. Were they trying to hide him, stupidity, or just that JOB was really afraid of his job and didn't want to risk mistakes playing a novice?

  4. #29

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He admits to trying to sell them. Why slice this any other way? The kid deserves a second chance and fans are likely to give it to him if he doesn't screw up. i like the way he takes responsibility and will pull for him to make the team.
    LOl, because that isn't what actually happened. He may have been planning to sell them and got caught before then, or he may be taking responsibility for being a partner with Marcus - who did literally try to sell them - but A.J. never physically went to a store and tried to sell laptops. He got caught with them in his room. *Marcus got caught trying to sell them.


    Not that it matters, it's detail. The kid takes full responsibility for it, paid the consequence *in fact is still paying them* I think he deserved a second chance, and hasn't squandered it.

    But my point was, I guess, if we're gonna talk about what actually happened, then lets make it clear about what he actually did. He never actually physically tried to sell them. *never took them to a shop* but it's a tiny detail. He was "along for the ride" and deserved to get punished for it.

  5. #30

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaychaser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOl, because that isn't what actually happened. He may have been planning to sell them and got caught before then, or he may be taking responsibility for being a partner with Marcus - who did literally try to sell them - but A.J. never physically went to a store and tried to sell laptops. He got caught with them in his room. *Marcus got caught trying to sell them.


    Not that it matters, it's detail. The kid takes full responsibility for it, paid the consequence *in fact is still paying them* I think he deserved a second chance, and hasn't squandered it.

    But my point was, I guess, if we're gonna talk about what actually happened, then lets make it clear about what he actually did. He never actually physically tried to sell them. *never took them to a shop* but it's a tiny detail. He was "along for the ride" and deserved to get punished for it.
    When the guy says he tried to sell them it means he tried to sell them. He isn't copping to something he didn't do? And he doesn't need to take them to a shop to sell them. A shop isn't exactly a market for stolen laptops but individual students or middle men.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  7. #31

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the guy says he tried to sell them it means he tried to sell them. He isn't copping to something he didn't do? And he doesn't need to take them to a shop to sell them. A shop isn't exactly a market for stolen laptops but individual students or middle men.

    exactly how much of the situation do you know?

    There are quotes of him saying something like "I don't want to be remembered as the guy who stole a laptop" as well. Isn't that him copping to stealing them? Or is it an overgeneralization of what happened?

    I'm from Indiana, but I went to Uconn..I've been around the story for years, I know what went on. And he didn't physically ever try to sell them.
    -btw, they were planning to sell them to pawn shops. Which is why I keep saying "shops," which once again, was how Marcus got caught. I don't know his intentions, but from the details of the story (and from the reactions from the girls whose laptops were stolen - members of the women's basketball and track team) it always seemed like the part A.J. played was "keep your mouth shut and we'll give you a cut of the money"

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaychaser For This Useful Post:


  9. #32

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaychaser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    exactly how much of the situation do you know?

    There are quotes of him saying something like "I don't want to be remembered as the guy who stole a laptop" as well. Isn't that him copping to stealing them? Or is it an overgeneralization of what happened?

    I'm from Indiana, but I went to Uconn..I've been around the story for years, I know what went on. And he didn't physically ever try to sell them.
    -btw, they were planning to sell them to pawn shops. Which is why I keep saying "shops," which once again, was how Marcus got caught. I don't know his intentions, but from the details of the story (and from the reactions from the girls whose laptops were stolen - members of the women's basketball and track team) it always seemed like the part A.J. played was "keep your mouth shut and we'll give you a cut of the money"
    Apparently he does not know what he has done or hasn't done but he is a convicted felon nonetheless so please give me a break. I'm still quite happy to give him a second chance.

  10. #33

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently he does not know what he has done or hasn't done but he is a convicted felon nonetheless so please give me a break. I'm still quite happy to give him a second chance.
    I'm not fighting or anything, just giving out more detail. He was sort of restricted in what he can say about the situation during college, so there are a ton of quotes of him overgeneralizing ect...which was my point.

    and I agree, regardless of what happened, he deserved a second chance, got one, and hasn't squandered it yet.

  11. #34
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaychaser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    exactly how much of the situation do you know?

    There are quotes of him saying something like "I don't want to be remembered as the guy who stole a laptop" as well. Isn't that him copping to stealing them? Or is it an overgeneralization of what happened?

    I'm from Indiana, but I went to Uconn..I've been around the story for years, I know what went on. And he didn't physically ever try to sell them.
    -btw, they were planning to sell them to pawn shops. Which is why I keep saying "shops," which once again, was how Marcus got caught. I don't know his intentions, but from the details of the story (and from the reactions from the girls whose laptops were stolen - members of the women's basketball and track team) it always seemed like the part A.J. played was "keep your mouth shut and we'll give you a cut of the money"
    Welcome. We can't have enough "Jays" around here.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  12. #35

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    I thought Price was the "steal" of the draft!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:


  14. #36
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome. We can't have enough "Jays" around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Price was the "steal" of the draft!


    How the **** did I end up in the Catskills?

  15. #37
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    "JAY", do you know when AJ had his ACL surgery exactly? I feel as if he was still hampered by it last season and he seemingly got a little more mobile toward the end of the season. I think with NBA rehab, he can really regain some of the mobility he once had. I think this guy has as much upside as anyone in the second round. I still am not sure we shouldn't have gone wing with that pick (Vaden). But I have no idea what our intentions are with the rest of the roster. I love the Price pick however.

  16. #38

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "JAY", do you know when AJ had his ACL surgery exactly? I feel as if he was still hampered by it last season and he seemingly got a little more mobile toward the end of the season. I think with NBA rehab, he can really regain some of the mobility he once had. I think this guy has as much upside as anyone in the second round. I still am not sure we shouldn't have gone wing with that pick (Vaden). But I have no idea what our intentions are with the rest of the roster. I love the Price pick however.
    He had his surgery about two weeks after the first round loss.

    He definitely struggled in the first half of the year, and continued to improve from around January to the NCAAs.

    Calhoun has said he doesn't expect A.J. to be fully recovered until around March of this year, though.

    the difference between last year and this year, I felt like his speed is back for the most part, he might have been a little bit quicker before the injury. But I found, and I don't know whether it was mental or physical, that he struggled to finish in the lane. Oh, and he also turned the ball over much more than he did his junior year. I think a combination of that was having to be a main scorer, and his mind trying to do things his body wasn't able to do yet. (Well, and maybe Thabeet's inability to catch..)

    on the other side, last year he developed into a fantastic shooter. So if his athleticism completely returns, the ACL might have actually helped him in the long run.

  17. #39

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "JAY", do you know when AJ had his ACL surgery exactly? I feel as if he was still hampered by it last season and he seemingly got a little more mobile toward the end of the season. I think with NBA rehab, he can really regain some of the mobility he once had. I think this guy has as much upside as anyone in the second round. I still am not sure we shouldn't have gone wing with that pick (Vaden). But I have no idea what our intentions are with the rest of the roster. I love the Price pick however.

    Vaden won't even make the the team. Wasted 2nd round pick.

  18. #40
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    It is less about Vaden than it is about our lack of depth at the wing. And the only reason I said Vaden was because we had him in for a workout and he was available at our pick. I definitely am glad we took Price over Vaden, but I was making a point based on positional need.

  19. #41
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Also, with ACL surgeries, they definitely take at least 18 months to recover from. So he was playing very prematurely to start the season with Uconn. You can play literally about 9 months after the surgery, but you are nowhere near being 100%. I would say athletes are probably around 80-85% at that point. That is a huge margin from being fully capable on the basketball court. Lateral movement and leaping are about the two last things that come back with the increase in strength. He should have looked quite slow all year last year and should have struggled finishing. I guarantee that right now he is looking a lot healthier than he did to end the season. I have a feeling he will be a much better player after a full year in the NBA with us. And he will definitely make the team, because we need bodies to fill our roster, especially with as cheap as his contract will be. The way he is capable of running a pick and roll will probably keep him in the league beyond his two year deal with us.

  20. #42
    3 Inch Vertical Kraut N Beer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    I expect either Price or Aaron Jackson to make the Pacers squad next season even if we retain Jack. Either would be very inexpensive and they need to bring another PG into the mix and fill out the roster spots.

  21. #43
    The Dude Abides MrSparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraut N Beer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I expect either Price or Aaron Jackson to make the Pacers squad next season even if we retain Jack. Either would be very inexpensive and they need to bring another PG into the mix and fill out the roster spots.
    Three wouldn't be enough?
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

  22. #44
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,632

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraut N Beer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I expect either Price or Aaron Jackson to make the Pacers squad next season even if we retain Jack. Either would be very inexpensive and they need to bring another PG into the mix and fill out the roster spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three wouldn't be enough?
    I thought about this....but why draft a PG that has known injury and off-court issues when you already have 2 Signed PGs and another one that the FO has repeatedly said that they will try to resign while trying to maintain the Team's squeaky clean image?

    My guess? unless Price was the BPA at 52.....I'm thinking that TPTB will continue to shop Ford in the hopes of getting some "2-for-1" deal sometime before training camp.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #45
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    My preseason NBA mag from last year had AJ Price as the #19 prospect for the NBA draft this year. It said he will be UConns leading scorer and #1 perimeter defender.

  24. #46
    3 Inch Vertical Kraut N Beer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought about this....but why draft a PG that has known injury and off-court issues when you already have 2 Signed PGs and another one that the FO has repeatedly said that they will try to resign while trying to maintain the Team's squeaky clean image?

    My guess? unless Price was the BPA at 52.....I'm thinking that TPTB will continue to shop Ford in the hopes of getting some "2-for-1" deal sometime before training camp.
    I was thinking that same thing and also Diener is in the last year of his contract, so Diener might not be in the long term plans and Price or Jackson would likely be a slightly less expensive 3rd string PG next year if we keep rolling with Ford and Jack.

  25. #47
    Member nerveghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    I recently heard O'Brien say that Price might be the "steal of the draft" on Dakich

    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DanDa...709_obrien.mp3

    Realistically, a "steal of the draft" would HAVE to make the team, right? (it's a state law). But 4 point guards is a bit much. What do you think is going to happen if AJ makes the team?

  26. #48
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by nerveghost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I recently heard O'Brien say that Price might be the "steal of the draft" on Dakich

    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DanDa...709_obrien.mp3

    Realistically, a "steal of the draft" would HAVE to make the team, right? (it's a state law). But 4 point guards is a bit much. What do you think is going to happen if AJ makes the team?
    Hopefully this makes TPTB feel confident in trading TJ.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  27. #49
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by nerveghost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But 4 point guards is a bit much. What do you think is going to happen if AJ makes the team?
    5 point guards if you count he-who-shall-not-be-named.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  28. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by nerveghost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I recently heard O'Brien say that Price might be the "steal of the draft" on Dakich

    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DanDa...709_obrien.mp3

    Realistically, a "steal of the draft" would HAVE to make the team, right? (it's a state law). But 4 point guards is a bit much. What do you think is going to happen if AJ makes the team?
    Using the word "steal" in reference to Price was probably not a good idea.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 234
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 09:46 PM
  2. ESPN's 2008 Pacers Preview
    By Pacemaker in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
  3. SI Pacers Preview
    By MillerTime18 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
  4. USA Today Pacers update
    By Speed in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 11:52 PM
  5. IBJ: Pacers' troubles bad for city, too
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 01:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •