View Poll Results: Would you like to have a player like Baron Davis?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    17 25.37%
  • no

    50 74.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Baron Davis anybody?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Baron Davis anybody?

    Been thinking all week about what the Pacers needs and after them drafting TH I think they are really pack at the PF position, another position of need was adressed by signing Jones and they also need to sign another Center to back up Hibbert and Foster. I also know that almost every person in PD feels that TJ Ford or Jack are not the answer at PG, also know that different guys here like few PG's in the NBA, guys like Kidd,Andre M, etc, but at the same time I don't feel that either one of this guys could fill the position for more than 2 years because of their age. I think that if the Pacers ad somebody in the likes of Baron Davis we as pacers fans don't need to worry for a pg in a long time, he still in his prime, the guy is an star, can shoot and take it to the hoop and is also a good passer, he loves to play up tempo and is one of the best one on one defender in the league,this team could be amazing, according to some websides the Cilppers are trying to trade him because he does not fit their stile, his contract is about 13mil a year and runs trought 2013, I would send TJ (8.5mil)and Foster(6.5mil) for him. what do you guys think?

    the team would look like this:

    PG: Baron Davis, Jack(maybe), Diener, AJ
    SG: Brandon Rush, Dunleavy(when he gets back)
    SF: Danny Granger, Jones
    PF: Murphy, TH, Mcbob
    C: Hibbert,

    this team could be a better team than Atlanta, Toronto,Wizards,Miami and Philladelphia(I think)
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-11-2009 at 02:56 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Baron quits on teams when they are not winning. Just what I noticed out in LA and Golden State. Plus he is old as Moses.

  3. #3
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Would I like to have a player with the skill set of Davis? Yes.

    Would I like Baron Davis? No

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would send TJ (8.5mil)and Foster(6.5mil) for him. what do you guys think?

    the team would look like this:

    PG: Baron Davis, Jack(maybe), Diener, AJ
    SG: Brandon Rush, Dunleavy(when he gets back)
    SF: Danny Granger, Jones
    PF: Murphy, TH, Mcbob
    C: Hibbert, Foster

    this team could be a better team than Atlanta, Toronto,Wizards,Miami and Philladelphia(I think)
    C: Hibbert, Foster, Foster would be involved in your trade why is he on the roster?

    This trade will never happen in a million years. The Pacers aren't interested in tying up 13 million for the next 4 years. The only way I'd come close to this deal is if they'd take Tinsley.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baron quits on teams when they are not winning. Just what I noticed out in LA and Golden State. Plus he is old as Moses.
    I don't think he quits on teams, sometimes he plays to hard and gets hurt, he is also not that old, he is only 30 years old and as you can see in the NBA teams are paying big money for even older PG's (Kidd 36, Nash 36, Andre 34) this guys are going to make close to 10mil a year or more.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C: Hibbert, Foster, Foster would be involved in your trade why is he on the roster?

    This trade will never happen in a million years. The Pacers aren't interested in tying up 13 million for the next 4 years. The only way I'd come close to this deal is if they'd take Tinsley.
    My Fault on that one

  8. #7

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Vnzla I can see why you like him with his talent and how he can change teams, but his three is inconsistent and he does get frustrated and sulks when his team is losing. I would want someone that does not have the "Oh poor me" attitude but tries to rally his team back into winning. Baron has never and will never take on that leadership role. Just my opinion.

  9. #8
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Baron Davis is the classic case of million dollar talent, ten cent head. This guy probably has the skill set to be one of the best 20 point guards in NBA history, but he squanders it by his weak mental makeup.

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vnzla I can see why you like him with his talent and how he can change teams, but his three is inconsistent and he does get frustrated and sulks when his team is losing. I would want someone that does not have the "Oh poor me" attitude but tries to rally his team back into winning. Baron has never and will never take on that leadership role. Just my opinion.
    I disagree, he is a really good shooter and is also a clutch shooter, I know that last year was not good for him but at the same time who has a good year with the Clippers? Dunleavy Sr is like Carlile they are control freaks and don't let their point guards to control the game or run, in the Pacers case, they have a coach in JOB who loves to run and let his point guards run and shoot at will, one thing I was thinking about was that a guy like him has never play with a guy as good as Danny, he was a monster in GS with lower caliber players, I would love to see what he could do with an All Star like Danny Granger and the other guys.

  11. #10

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Well dang it V I guess we could only agree on Hans Solo now we are back to square one disagreeing on things. I had such high hopes.

  12. #11
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    He has quit on all three teams that has had him. If you chose not to see that it is your choice.

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well dang it V I guess we could only agree on Hans Solo now we are back to square one disagreeing on things. I had such high hopes.
    well we can agree to disagree I think

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has quit on all three teams that has had him. If you chose not to see that it is your choice.
    can you explaing to me how he did that?

    I don't know him before GS but for what I remember he even played when he was hurt bad and last year, he had issues with his back and was hurt so I can't call that quiting on the team.

  15. #14
    Member Granger-Rush09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would I like to have a player with the skill set of Davis? Yes.

    Would I like Baron Davis? No
    I second that.
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

  16. #15
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  18. #16
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baron quits on teams when they are not winning. Just what I noticed out in LA and Golden State. Plus he is old as Moses.
    He was only drafted in 99....if he's old as moses then Kobe is as well.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  19. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142


  20. #18

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was only drafted in 99....if he's old as moses then Kobe is as well.
    Kobe is old, but he plays with passion. Davis sulks, quits and gets injured and makes his injury bigger when his team is losing so he can get out of playing. I know that Clipper fans were saying that all year long. I remember in GS he played hard when he first got there and once they were out of the playoff chase I am pretty sure he got injured. Funny how he was never injured after the trade they made and went to the playoffs.

  21. #19
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    The guy does have a sweet beard.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to sweabs For This Useful Post:


  23. #20
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    I would be more likely to say yes if Murphy was heading out. Foster is still a player this team needs. We have several players who can launch 3's and have the added benefit of being able to defend. Put good players on the floor...and we might win a few games.

  24. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kobe is old, but he plays with passion. Davis sulks, quits and gets injured and makes his injury bigger when his team is losing so he can get out of playing. I know that Clipper fans were saying that all year long. I remember in GS he played hard when he first got there and once they were out of the playoff chase I am pretty sure he got injured. Funny how he was never injured after the trade they made and went to the playoffs.
    he got injured when they played Utah, pull a muscle trying to dunk it and got worse by the end of the series.

  25. #22
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy does have a sweet beard.
    We already have Josh and his beard.

  26. #23
    Member Granger-Rush09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt about his skills and talent level but the biggest issue with Baron is his "Value". His contract is a terrible one, his knees have been in question for quite some time now and it is not a given that he has a leader's mentality. The Pacers are a Young Team, Will Baron stand up and take command of the roster and lead or will he take it upon himself to make as many highlight reel plays to make an All-Star Team? I'd Say the Latter.
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

  27. #24

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We already have Josh and his beard.
    Obi Wan

    ****fixed

  28. #25

    Default Re: Baron Davis anybody?

    His salary is horrendous, and one which wouldn't make sense for a team like us to have.

Similar Threads

  1. {IndyStar}Kravitz: For Next Year, Pacers Need Some Nastieness
    By Roaming Gnome in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 09:50 AM
  2. Anybody notice what Vecsey says about Baron Davis?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
  3. Latest articles on Baron Davis being traded
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
  4. Dale Davis article
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •