Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

  1. #1
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,169

    Default Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    So much for that draft option. He's going back to school

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...yhoo&type=lgns

    Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson has withdrawn his name from the NBA draft and will return for his junior season. The Wildcats are expected to make Patterson’s decision official by issuing a press release later today.

    A forward, Patterson averaged 17.9 points and a team-high 9.3 rebounds last season for the Wildcats, who should have one of the top frontcourts in the country in 2009-10 with Patterson and incoming freshmen DeMarcus Cousins and Daniel Orton.

  2. #2
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    If he was going to be a lottery pick, then he's an idiot.

    Take the (guaranteed) money.

    McRoberts was a projected lottery pick after his Freshman year. Went back and slid to the 2nd round.

    Take the money.

    IMO, of course.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #3
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,201

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    I think with him going back it comes down to a guard, Blair or Williams.
    I would be surprised if some one else broke into that group that the Pacers would pick.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  4. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was going to be a lottery pick, then he's an idiot.
    No guarantee he'd be a lotto pick. It was assumed he'd be there when we picked at #13, and plenty of talk about trading back for him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think with him going back it comes down to a guard, Blair or Williams.
    I would be surprised if some one else broke into that group that the Pacers would pick.
    Why Williams of all people. There are better swingmen before him. I am still wondering where you guys got this stupid hype around him.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was going to be a lottery pick, then he's an idiot.
    Most mock drafts have him in the late first round, with some having him in the late teens. I think he'll ultimately end up in that area anyway because I think he's peaked and he's a low risk but low potential prospect at this point.

  7. #7
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    When I first saw this I said, "Wait, he isn't from the UK."

    My brain is scrambled right now...

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,561

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Although I'm a little disappointed....I'm not surprised.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I first saw this I said, "Wait, he isn't from the UK."

    My brain is scrambled right now...
    Haha, I had the EXACT same thought .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  10. #10
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    His mommy wanted him to graduate when he first got there. Kentucky is going to be pretty good next year with those three and most likely Meeks (if he is smart)

  11. #11
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kentucky is going to be pretty good next year with those three and most likely Meeks (if he is smart)
    That's my thought. He's 20, been with Team USA basketball, and will be surrounded by better players next year.

    Likely more media coverage for him and UK next season.

    Maybe he was afraid of going to Minnesota, Memphis, or OKC?
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 05-09-2009 at 10:49 AM.

  12. #12
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Patterson needs to smooth out his post moves to make them more devastating. He has a great coach coming in who works well with pro-prospects.

    Dude just went from 10-15 to top 5, barring injury. He's going to be KY's featured offensive weapon all year long and will likely be pretty darn good at it.

    Why Williams of all people. There are better swingmen before him. I am still wondering where you guys got this stupid hype around him.
    I have a television and eyeballs. He plays smart, like Rush, Love, or even the current NBA darling Battier. Guys like that make the team better even beyond their own skill set.

    When TWill gets stuck in a trap or a play doesn't develop, he still finds a way to get someone the ball. See college "fast", college "strong", college "hops"...those don't translate. Those need to get even better to still count.

    But college smart, college passing variety, college floor position...that does translate. You go a long way in the game just by not f'ing up when and where you are supposed to be on the floor.

    I started watching L'ville with zip interest in Williams. Then he dominated several games with really smart play. So I watch a few more to see if he's just having a flash ala AJ Price last year, or even Henderson to a lesser degree this year, and he just keeps on making the same types of plays.

    He had one noticably bad game, the last one vs MSU. But after 2 months of tearing through the best conference in the country prior to that I can let it slide. Cripes, top 5 pick Harden laid two giant stink bombs on us for the tourney.

  13. #13
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Not to mention that he went 46% from three in the last 10 games. Which tells me he might go top ten if he convinces this is a longterm change in the workouts.
    Last edited by Major Cold; 05-09-2009 at 11:27 AM.

  14. #14
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Look for another draft deal day with Portland.

  15. #15
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No guarantee he'd be a lotto pick. It was assumed he'd be there when we picked at #13, and plenty of talk about trading back for him.
    If he were a lottery pick he would be like Jason Thompson I think. People would think he would've been drafted lower.

  16. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    ACtually Jason T. should not have gone ahead of Speights or even Randolph.

  17. #17
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ACtually Jason T. should not have gone ahead of Speights or even Randolph.
    I agree I thought that he should've been drafted before Robin Lopez which he did. Robin Lopez should've gone maybe 18th. I could've seen the Suns taking Thompson at 15.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I am still wondering where you guys got this stupid hype around him.

    Where did you get your information? Obviously, not reading posts here on PD about T'Will for the last 3-4 week.

  19. #19
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which tells me he might go top ten if he convinces this is a longterm change in the workouts.
    Yeah, I think he'll be gone well before #13.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did you get your information? Obviously, not reading posts here on PD about T'Will for the last 3-4 week.
    Sure he has; he's just disagreed about every single one.

    He's been pretty vocal about it, actually.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure he has; he's just disagreed about every single one.

    He's been pretty vocal about it, actually.
    I just don't see how he is so hyped up around here. Terrence williams is not going to go in the lottery. Late teens at best. He's just not that good, and doesn't have much potential. People talk about his intangibles, but right now this teams needs talent much more than intangibles. We need someone that has star potential, and I guarantee that there will be someone like that around our pick. Williams will not be more than an average role player.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ACtually Jason T. should not have gone ahead of Speights or even Randolph.
    Have you seen him play and have you seen his stats? He's much better than those two. He has a great mid range game and is a solid rebounder and defender. He's a lot like LaMarcus Aldridge, but he's a little more athletic and a lot tougher. He was a good pick for Sacramento at 12.

  23. #23
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen him play and have you seen his stats? He's much better than those two. He has a great mid range game and is a solid rebounder and defender. He's a lot like LaMarcus Aldridge, but he's a little more athletic and a lot tougher. He was a good pick for Sacramento at 12.
    I am not saying that now. His selection can out of no where. On many draft boards he was not projected top 20. Yes I have seen him play and yes the Kings made a good selection. He fits well next to Hawes. But looking into the draft he simply was not projected at that spot, and that is the just of my post. Context.

  24. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't see how he is so hyped up around here. Terrence williams is not going to go in the lottery. Late teens at best.
    Care to make a friendly wager?

    I say TWill is picked between 1 and 14. You say he's picked between 15 and 30. Loser puts "I know less about NBA talent than I think I do" in their sig until training camp.

    Deal?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Patrick Patterson returning to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying that now. His selection can out of no where. On many draft boards he was not projected top 20. Yes I have seen him play and yes the Kings made a good selection. He fits well next to Hawes. But looking into the draft he simply was not projected at that spot, and that is the just of my post. Context.
    I agree with you there, I thought he'd go late teens to early 20s. He did kind of come out of nowhere at 12.

Similar Threads

  1. Kentucky forward Patrcik Patterson withdraws name for NBA draft [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
  2. The Patrick Ewing Legacy Lives On in NY!
    By NuffSaid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
  3. What do ya'll think of Patrick Ewing Jr. ??
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 02:04 PM
  4. Source: Chris Webber close to returning to NBA [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
  5. ESPN's Scott returning to air during cancer battle [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •