Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 113

Thread: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

  1. #76
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has he shown you that he hasn't shown everyone else besides being 6'3 and athletic.
    Defense.

  2. #77
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battier and Brooks can land you the number 2 pick in this draft? What the ****? No way I believe that I don't care how bad they want to drop Jaric. They wanted the 5 and the 6 from Minny.
    If the Rockets are looking to move Battier, I'd be happy if we got involved in a deal.

    Would Houston accept #13 for Battier?

  3. #78
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

    Shame on me for reporting on Wednesday that that the Phoenix Suns had discussed a deal for T.J. Ford with the Indiana Pacers was flawed. The Suns took a call from Indiana on Ford, but had no interest.
    That's too bad. If he's traded this summer, it probably won't be until after July 1 anyway.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  4. #79

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that he had ACL surgery...Blair doesn't have ACLs! Doesn't that worry anyone?

    I keep hearing that, but I'm pretty sure that this comment was purely a poor language chioce by the writer of the article. He said "Blair no longer has an ACL in either knee" and meant

    "Blair no longer has an ACL INJURY in either knee"

    When you say "I have an ACL" that has come to means you have hurt your ACL, unfortunately, as in "Tom Brady is out with an ACL" really means that he injured his ACL.

  5. #80
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns



    That's too bad. If he's traded this summer, it probably won't be until after July 1 anyway.
    i thought tj would fit there as they obviously don't mind a PG that dominates the ball

  6. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Rockets are looking to move Battier, I'd be happy if we got involved in a deal.

    Would Houston accept #13 for Battier?
    No.

    It's not like Battier totally untouchable, but as with Rondo and the Celts, the Rockets will only sell high with Battier. They'll trade him, but only if they get some highly inflated value in return.

  7. #82
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.

    It's not like Battier totally untouchable, but as with Rondo and the Celts, the Rockets will only sell high with Battier. They'll trade him, but only if they get some highly inflated value in return.
    Well, they'd accept the #13 for Battier...




    if we use Danny for filler.

  8. #83
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,539

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Jrue Holiday? Really?

    Was he one of T Birds assessments?

    I really know nothing about him, I do remember one thing where he got bested in a workout and kinda got his head down, which is concerning to me.

    If it's Jrue, how soon until the Holiday Pacers ticket packet comes out?

    Would this mean Jack's not going to be a Pacer?

  9. #84
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Here's a honker trade:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

    The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.
    The talks have reached a point that a deal could be done by the end of the day Thursday, according to sources.
    The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists of All-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make them the favorites to win the Eastern Conference title next year.
    As for the Nets, the move is a cost-cutting measure. Both Alston and Battie are in the last year of their contracts, and trading for them would shave $16.5 million off New Jersey's roster in the summer of 2010 and put the Nets well below the salary cap.
    The deal, if completed, would also give the Nets a young, promising shooting guard in Lee.
    Buh-bye Turkoglu.
    Last edited by docpaul; 06-25-2009 at 04:02 PM.

  10. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    I'm callin Foster bein traded tonight, I was at the gift shop today, looked at the jerseys, 1 Foster jersey hangin up in the corner next to a Rasho jersey. Usually his is always on the main rack. Main rack had Dun, Ford, Hibbert, Rush, Granger, Jack

  11. #86
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jrue Holiday? Really?

    Was he one of T Birds assessments?

    I really know nothing about him, I do remember one thing where he got bested in a workout and kinda got his head down, which is concerning to me.

    If it's Jrue, how soon until the Holiday Pacers ticket packet comes out?

    Would this mean Jack's not going to be a Pacer?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...36&postcount=1

    Yup (tbird did an assessment...not anything about Jack)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  13. #87

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    It would be interesting if Jrue fell to us. He has potential, but it's the same argument as with Jennings. Are we willing to wait? Jennings is more advanced offensively, Holiday defensively. But he didn't really play PG in college so he's certainly not ready to hope right in and be a PG next year. He's athletic, but he's not freakish like Westbrook. I'd be intrigued to see what we could do. Could potentially get a nice trade for him. Or could keep him, given his upside. He could turn into a Rondo or Westbrook type couldn't he? And he'd give us a PG with nice size and athleticism to at least challenge Rose and Rondo in the East. I could still see Bird taking Lawson or Maynor though.

  14. #88
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,539

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be interesting if Jrue fell to us. He has potential, but it's the same argument as with Jennings. Are we willing to wait? Jennings is more advanced offensively, Holiday defensively. But he didn't really play PG in college so he's certainly not ready to hope right in and be a PG next year. He's athletic, but he's not freakish like Westbrook. I'd be intrigued to see what we could do. Could potentially get a nice trade for him. Or could keep him, given his upside. He could turn into a Rondo or Westbrook type couldn't he? And he'd give us a PG with nice size and athleticism to at least challenge Rose and Rondo in the East. I could still see Bird taking Lawson or Maynor though.
    Right, my first thought was how is this any different than Jennings?

  15. #89
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm callin Foster bein traded tonight, I was at the gift shop today, looked at the jerseys, 1 Foster jersey hangin up in the corner next to a Rasho jersey. Usually his is always on the main rack. Main rack had Dun, Ford, Hibbert, Rush, Granger, Jack
    I can't see Foster being traded. That would leave just Hibbert at the Center spot. There's really not any centers in the draft aside from Thabeet, and the project Mullins.

    I don't see trading a center for another center.

    It doesn't make sense trading Foster right now, unless there's a plan for another center elsewhere

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  17. #90
    Member Pacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Whiteland, IN
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    J.A. Adande: The Chicago Bulls are attempting to work a trade with the New Jersey Nets for the No. 11 pick with an eye on Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams, a league source said. The Bulls currently hold the 16th and 26th picks in the first round.
    • One reason teams such as the San Antonio Spurs are willing to move into luxury-tax range is the reward for staying below the tax won't be as large in the upcoming season. Last year teams that stayed below the luxury tax received $3 million each from their cut of the money put into the pot by the tax-paying teams. Next season, according to one team executive, the payout for the non-tax teams will be about $1.4 million. One reason for the decrease is that two of the top-paying tax teams from last season, the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks, will have much smaller payrolls this year. The Knicks' tax bill, for example, could drop by about $20 million.

    Let's hope not.

  18. #91
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    POSTED: June 25 -- 10:49 a.m. ET


    Chad Ford: Watch out for the Houston Rockets. Sources say they have been really active the past 24 hours, having contacted the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about trying to get into the lottery.
    It sound like virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into one of Minnesota's lottery picks. Carl Landry and Shane Battier were also mentioned as possible trade pieces.
    The Rockets are also among several teams that will be making a run at Amare Stoudemire. With Shaq gone, expect the Stoudemire rumors to start heating up again.
    Battier and Landry for Murphy and 13th anybody?

  19. #92
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see a trade centered around Murph, 13, next years 2nd, cash for Battier, Landry, and 2nd rd pick
    alright I should not get so excited after reading a post and keep scanning just a little bit

    breathe... breathe...

  20. #93
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns



    That's too bad. If he's traded this summer, it probably won't be until after July 1 anyway.
    Never understood why we would think the Suns want TJ. They can get a PG at 14 easily and they have Nash.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #94

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Rockets are looking to move Battier, I'd be happy if we got involved in a deal.

    Would Houston accept #13 for Battier?

    Could you possibly expand on this? Since both teams are over the cap, that proposed deal can't work, so how are you proposing the Pacers match Battier's salary of 6.8 mil? Then would that player really be something the Pacers would be willing to trade along with the 13 for Battier? Is Battier worth Foster/Ford & 13? I'd trade either straight up, but no way the 13 too.

  22. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    League executives say the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors have discussed a possible trade that is centered around sending Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in the draft. But Warriors coach Don Nelson is telling friends that there’s nothing seriously brewing there.

    By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

  23. #96

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Amare would be a good fit for Nellie Ball, but I think a lot of people do not realize how talented Andris Biedrins is. I don't know about that trade for GS.

  24. #97
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    It's also rumored PHX might send Ben Wallace (expiring) to the Hornets for Chandler

    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._for_chandler/

    While there is no truth to the possibility of Amare Stoudemire being moved to Houston in a package for Tracy McGrady, Ben Wallace could be flipped to New Orleans for Tyson Chandler.

    Wallace is an expiring $14 million contract that could also provide the Suns more immediate financial relief with a buyout (although he would still count as a $14 million salary for luxury tax purposes). Chandler's contract goes into the 2010-11 season at about $13 million.

  25. #98

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battier and Landry for Murphy and 13th anybody?

    That is an interesting deal, but I'm just not sure I'd want to lose the 13 to get rid of Murphy and albatross contract. I'd have to ponder on that one for awhile.

  26. #99
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,037

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ckDraft-090625

    The new Chad Ford Mock Draft 7.2 hot off the press has us taking Jrue Holiday with a 60% certainty. Jennings goes to the Bucks apparently and Blair slides all the way down to the Blazers at 22.

    PICKTEAMPLAYERVITALS
    Indiana
    Jrue Holiday
    Position: PG
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 199
    Age: 18
    School: UCLA


    Confidence level (if available): 60 percent
    Analysis: The Pacers would feel pretty fortunate if Holiday slipped here. While they've been enamored with Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor and Tyler Hansbrough, the Pacers just can't pass on Holiday if he's still on the board. He's the type of big point guard that would be a perfect complement to T.J. Ford.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  27. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amare would be a good fit for Nellie Ball, but I think a lot of people do not realize how talented Andris Biedrins is. I don't know about that trade for GS.
    That trade would be an absolute no brainer for the Warriors (doubt it happens though).

    I like Biedrins a lot, but he is nowhere on the level of impact of Amare and never will be.

Similar Threads

  1. Ranking draft prospects by tiers, by Chad Ford
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
  2. The PD NBA Draft - #10 Milwaukee
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 8
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft - Selection 5 - Memphis
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
  5. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 5
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •