Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

I can't see how Evans would fall that far. No chance he isn't picked by #5.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't see how Evans would fall that far. No chance he isn't picked by #5.
    Sure there is. I think his floor is actually at #8 to the Knicks. Not saying that's how it will shake out, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    MSNBC currently predicts J.Flynn will drop to the Pacers at #13 and will be the pick. If not they're saying it will be Lawson. Seems the news sites keeping saying the Ps are going Point Guard in the draft.
    Lawson =
    Flynn=
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Finally, a Tbirdesque mock (Pacers take Johnson):

http://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2009mock.php

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Mood

POSTED: June 25 -- 10:49 a.m. ET

Chad Ford: Watch out for the Houston Rockets. Sources say they have been really active the past 24 hours, having contacted the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about trying to get into the lottery.
    It sound like virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into one of Minnesota's lottery picks. Carl Landry and Shane Battier were also mentioned as possible trade pieces.
    The Rockets are also among several teams that will be making a run at Amare Stoudemire. With Shaq gone, expect the Stoudemire rumors to start heating up again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd love to have Battier.

Can't see T-Mac going to Minny...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see a trade centered around Murph, 13, next years 2nd, cash for Battier, Landry, and 2nd rd pick
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Murphy-Ford pupu platter for T-Mac's expiring!

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Daryl Morey, a numbers guy, be semi-interested in Murphy and Ford whose production looks a lot better on paper than in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Murphy-Ford pupu platter for T-Mac's expiring!

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Daryl Morey, a numbers guy, be semi-interested in Murphy and Ford whose production looks a lot better on paper than in real life.
    It depends on what the NBA equivalent of OBP is. Those guys could easily be the "Miguel Tejada's" in Morey's world...who, IIRC, Billy Beane absolutely hated...*****ing about him every time he had an AB.

Mood

POSTED: June 25 -- 12:31 p.m. ET

Marc Stein: The message coming in from rival executives -- while acknowledging that everything is fluid with so much chatter in the air -- is that Memphis is looking increasingly likely to keep the No. 2 overall pick unless Minnesota sends No. 5 and No. 6 to the Grizzlies.

The Wolves, by all accounts, still aren't ready to give up that much.
    The latest scenario presented to me is that the Wolves, with those back-to-back picks, are leaning toward taking Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans.

Yet it also must be acknowledged that the Wolves are at the heart of numerous trade scenarios with the four first-round picks they possess.

In other words? Watch this space.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    er, i don't think that's the right interpretation of morey as a numbers guy. for example, morey's numbers told him that shane battier is a very good player, and you sure as heck won't get that from ppg or rpg.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

http://twitter.com/tj_ford

Everyones ? Will I get traded again...will find out more tomorrowabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

If so what team would u like to see me play forabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

Been hearing about trade rumorsabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

How lucky is Shaq right now.. WOWabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

It's been some great trades so far in the NBA.. Just started.. Wait until Julyabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

Can't wait til next seasonabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon
    Funny how he said wait until July. It is my understanding that the Raptors couldn't acquire TJ until July. 1 if they were interested. I remember seeing someone here saying they still like him up there.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Latest from DX

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jon...NBA-Draft-3287

Live Blogging the 2009 NBA Draft

by: Jonathan Givony - President
    June 25, 2009
    We’ll be here all day and through the night keeping track of all the latest movement in the 2009 draft as well as keeping you up to date on the latest rumors we’re hearing from around the league.

If you are not able to watch the draft tonight, we invite you to spend the evening with us, as we’ll be keeping a live draft board going pick by pick, as well as sharing our thoughts on the proceedings in Madison Square Theater as they happen.

Update: 1:25 PM

17-30 “a total mess”

While much of our attention revolves around the lottery, we don’t want to forget about the rest of this draft, which is likely to be even more unpredictable. We’re touching base with a number of NBA teams sitting inside their war rooms on an hourly basis to figure out the latest, and it seems like we can expect quite a bit of movement to occur in the 17-30 range based on what we’re hearing.

“I’ve never seen a draft with so many loose ends this late in the game” one longtime observer told us this morning.

Multiple teams are trying to trade into the first round at the moment, with the most aggressive of them still being Houston, Miami and San Antonio. Another team that has begun to explore that option more thoroughly is Denver apparently. They could be in the hunt for a point guard, with the likes of Toney Douglas, Jeff Teague and possibly Darren Collison being their targets.

Picks that are potentially available include Oklahoma City (#25), Chicago (#26), Memphis (#27), Minnesota (#28) and the Los Angeles Lakers (#29). The going price will likely be cash.

Phoenix Trade Ramifications

It deserves mention at least once in this blog that “the Daddy” got traded and will be paired alongside Lebron James. That opens up a huge spot in Phoenix’s frontcourt, and likely pushes Amare Stoudemire back to the center position, where he really thrived playing alongside Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw and Steve Nash in Mike D’Antoni’s super up-tempo offense. Phoenix is clearly going back to their running ways next year, and will now likely target an athletic combo forward in the Diaw/Marion mold that can defend, rebound, pass and get up and down the floor. The most likely candidates appear to be Earl Clark and James Johnson, with Austin Daye being a long-shot at that spot.

There is still some talk that Phoenix will trade Oklahoma City the #14 pick in exchange for the #25 and the Suns’ unprotected 2010 first rounder the Thunder currently own. We have a hard time seeing Sam Presti make that deal, though, especially now that Phoenix decided to dump Shaq for financial considerations. The 2010 draft already looks much stronger than 2009, and Phoenix is one injury away from finding themselves in the lottery next season. We’d be very surprised if that happened.

Update: 12:45 PM

First, a recap of which picks have switched hands:

#5- Traded to Minnesota, from Washington, as part of Mike Miller/Randy Foye trade
    #22- Traded to Portland, from Dallas, in exchange for the #24 and #56 picks, along with a 2010 second rounder
    #24- Traded to Dallas, from Portland
    #46- Traded to Phoenix, from Cleveland

The Draft Starts at 3

-Despite the assumptions many (including us) are making about Oklahoma City’s intentions to draft Ricky Rubio with the #3 pick, it feels a little early to be penciling him in definitively. Many NBA executives around the league feel that Sam Presti is broadcasting his intentions to take Rubio at 3 for the sole purpose of making teams drafting behind him step up with stronger trade offers to move up.

Presti has done a great job at keeping his cards close to the vest historically, as you would expect from a former San Antonio Spurs executive. Last year he surprised many by taking Russell Westbrook over Brook Lopez at #4, and this year he could very well resort back to the logical selection at #3—James Harden.

At the end of the day, Presti will likely pick the player that he feels is the best overall value in this draft, and deal with positional concerns later on.

What is Sacramento Thinking?

The situation in the Kings war room appears to be extremely fluid at the moment, with plenty of trade offers on their table for the #4 pick, and four point guards in the lead to be selected should they hold onto it. Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn, Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry are the players they are looking at, even if they continue to say that James Harden is in the picture as well, likely in order to prevent Oklahoma City from feeling comfortable about moving down to #5 in a swap with Minnesota.

All teams we’ve spoken with have either Evans or Flynn at this spot, assuming that Rubio is selected by Oklahoma City at 3.

Sacramento’s pick will have huge ramifications on how the entire draft shakes out, and the situation here is being monitored by every other team in the lottery.

Should Flynn go 4th, New York would be ecstatic, since that means that one of Harden, Curry, Evans or Jordan Hill would be available at their pick, with the most likely being Evans, since he’s probably not a great fit next to Harden in Minnesota, and he didn’t work out in Golden State and probably isn’t even on the board there.

The Raptors are also on pins and needles waiting to see how things shake out, since they are trying to figure out whether or not their top target Jrue Holiday will be on the board at 9.

Jennings in the Mix for Milwaukee

With DeMar DeRozan on much shakier ground in Toronto (#9) than initially thought, there is a pretty legit possibility that he could be on the board at 10 when Milwaukee picks. Just days after trading an extremely athletic wing player in Richard Jefferson, you would assume that this would appear to be a perfect fit…Apparently not, though, since they seem to have their heart set on drafting a point guard, with Brandon Jennings being one player that Assistant GM Jeff Weltman seems to be especially fond of. We had Jennings slipping all the way to the #17 pick in our last mock draft, which would definitely make him the steal of the draft, but have moved him back up to #10…for now.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    Funny how he said wait until July. It is my understanding that the Raptors couldn't acquire TJ until July. 1 if they were interested. I remember seeing someone here saying they still like him up there.
    I was the one, at least I believe, that was saying they still liked him. Every time we played them their announcers talked about how much they missed TJ. I am not sure if it was the Raptors or the announcers that they were saying they missed him. However, they didn't play up to expectations this year. So I could see a trade with them going down. I just wish it would include their draft pick this year but I guess a future 1st wouldn't be bad especially if they lose or trade Bosh.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Lawson =
    Flynn=
    Just curious.....why the love for Flynn?

I'm guessing that he has more upside then Lawson whereas Lawson may have more polish......but both are undersized PGs at 6'.

I've been looking at different Mock drafts and reading that there is a lot of interest in Flynn ( Dx even has him going to the Kings at the 4th spot ) and I just don't know what's special about him.

Sorry, I'm not trying to seem like I'm criticizing you specifically....I just don't see what puts him ahead of any of the other PGs out there. Could someone enlighten me?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

New York Knicks officials are telling peers they have purchased the Lakers’ No. 29 pick.

The Knicks are planning to draft a point guard with their choice at No. 8, and sources say they’re targeting a big man at 29.

Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said on Wednesday the team hoped to sell its pick and use to money to help re-sign free agents Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Mood

I bet Donnie loves being able to afford buying a pick like that.

As far as I know you can not use money from a sold draft pick to re-sign players

The Lakers just didn't want to pay for a 1st round draft pick in a weak draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...aftBuzz-090625

POSTED: June 25 -- 2:13 p.m. ET
    Andy Katz: Memphis and Minnesota talked again about trading the No. 2 pick (Memphis) to Minnesota for the No. 5 and 6 picks or the No. 5 or 6 and Kevin Love. But the price was too high for Minnesota, so Memphis plans on keeping the pick. According to multiple sources, Memphis would pick Connecticut center Hasheem Thabeet.
    • Minnesota is hoping to land a specific player at No. 18 -- who could be Earl Clark (Louisville) or James Johnson (Wake Forest), among others. If that player isn't available, then the Wolves are expected to trade the pick, according to a source.
    • Cleveland held on to the No. 30 pick in the trade with Phoenix for Shaquille O'Neal and wants to get a point guard with the selection. The Cavs are hoping a point guard projected to go higher drops down to them, according to a source.
    Brandon Jennings is scheduled to be one of the 15 players in the green room at the draft. But he could be pulled from the green room. Representatives of Jennings were huddling to make a decision on Thursday.
    The fear is that Jennings will slide if Golden State (unlikely after the trade to get Speedy Claxton and Acie Law from Atlanta for Jamal Crawford) at No. 7, the Knicks at No. 8 or the Bucks at No. 10 all pass on him. If that happens then Jennings would likely fall into the 20s. Jennings' camp wants to avoid an embarrassing situation where Jennings is sitting there and not selected for a while. If they can get assurances that he will be picked high enough then he will stay in the room.
    • Oklahoma City, Detroit and Chicago made assurances early on Thursday that they weren't dealing their top 16 picks.
    • Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon received a number of calls earlier this week, and as late as Thursday, about DeJuan Blair's knees. Dixon, who is en route to New Zealand to coach the USA Under 19 national team playing in the World Championships, said he told the teams, including Indiana at No. 13, that Blair never missed a practice or game in his two years. Blair's knees have been questioned because he had ACL surgery on each knee in high school.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    As far as I know you can not use money from a sold draft pick to re-sign players

The Lakers just didn't want to pay for a 1st round draft pick in a weak draft.
    They'll save about $0.9-$1.0mm on the rookie salary.

However, while the $3mm does not create more cap space, it does help defray the costs of signing a player. Essentially, they'll take the $1mm they don't spend on the rookie, add the $3mm from NY, and use it to help offset the costs of the players they sign.

It's a cash issue, not a cap issue.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    July 1 is FA signing season, so lots of activity goes on after that. No surprise that TJ would be looking forward to that in terms of interesting activity.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

League executives say the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors have discussed a possible trade that is centered around sending Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in the draft.
    That would change the game quite a bit for us. My guess is that Phoenix would pick a guard or Hill.

Andy Katz: Memphis and Minnesota talked again about trading the No. 2 pick (Memphis) to Minnesota for the No. 5 and 6 picks or the No. 5 or 6 and Kevin Love. But the price was too high for Minnesota, so Memphis plans on keeping the pick. According to multiple sources, Memphis would pick Connecticut center Hasheem Thabeet.
    • Minnesota is hoping to land a specific player at No. 18 -- who could be Earl Clark (Louisville) or James Johnson (Wake Forest), among others. If that player isn't available, then the Wolves are expected to trade the pick, according to a source.

• Cleveland held on to the No. 30 pick in the trade with Phoenix for Shaquille O'Neal and wants to get a point guard with the selection. The Cavs are hoping a point guard projected to go higher drops down to them, according to a source.
    Brandon Jennings is scheduled to be one of the 15 players in the green room at the draft. But he could be pulled from the green room. Representatives of Jennings were huddling to make a decision on Thursday.
    The fear is that Jennings will slide if Golden State (unlikely after the trade to get Speedy Claxton and Acie Law from Atlanta for Jamal Crawford) at No. 7, the Knicks at No. 8 or the Bucks at No. 10 all pass on him. If that happens then Jennings would likely fall into the 20s. Jennings' camp wants to avoid an embarrassing situation where Jennings is sitting there and not selected for a while. If they can get assurances that he will be picked high enough then he will stay in the room.
    • Oklahoma City, Detroit and Chicago made assurances early on Thursday that they weren't dealing their top 16 picks.
    Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon received a number of calls earlier this week, and as late as Thursday, about DeJuan Blair's knees. Dixon, who is en route to New Zealand to coach the USA Under 19 national team playing in the World Championships, said he told the teams, including Indiana at No. 13, that Blair never missed a practice or game in his two years. Blair's knees have been questioned because he had ACL surgery on each knee in high school.
    From ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    DeJuan Blair's knees. Dixon, who is en route to New Zealand to coach the USA Under 19 national team playing in the World Championships, said he told the teams, including Indiana at No. 13, that Blair never missed a practice or game in his two years. Blair's knees have been questioned because he had ACL surgery on each knee in high school.
    For some reason I get the feeling Blair will be the pick because at least for a few years he'll be the safe pick. Bird is feeling the pressure and has to win next year or he's out of a job.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....