Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

I thought this might be a good place to condense all the rumors, speculation, and new mock drafts that will come out today so we can try and ease the load on PD and not crash. Obviously, it would make sense for confirmed deals to get their own thread, but this way rumors can be kept ino one place instead of taking over the board as it seems we will have quite a few today with all the uncertainty around this draft.

I'll start it up with Chard Ford's mock draft 7.0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-090625
    He has us taking Lawson and he ranks his certainty at 60%.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Official Draft Day Rumor Thread

Don't know if this was posted in another thread or not, but apparently we are shopping TJ. PHX is mentioned here.

Yahoo seems to be somewhat credible with their inside info.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Nevermind - found this in another thread from last night - discussion is there.
    Last edited by purdue101; 06-25-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Not a rumor, but a wonder: would TJ fit next to Crawford in Atlanta? They're still going after a PG, supposedly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a rumor, but a wonder: would TJ fit next to Crawford in Atlanta? They're still going after a PG, supposedly.

What would you want? The 19 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Well, do they move Joe Johnson to three?

Would you consider Marvin Williams a potential Rashard Lewis-type 4?

Would you do a sign-and-trade Ford for Williams?

Would they?

Vecsey has a good one for us

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06252009...ahn_176015.htm

According to the same source that disclosed Terry Porter was about to be fired as Suns coach, the Rockets are leaning toward swapping Tracy McGrady's expiring $22M contract, Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks for Leandro Barbosa and Stoudemire, who owns an escape clause after next season and is demanding an extension this summer to waive it.

There were a few others on hoopshype, but this was the most interesting one I saw this morning

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...zers_want_him/
    Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich has reportedly been telling friends that the Blazers want to trade for him. John Canzano of the Oregonian reported the story late on Thursday night.
    Hinrich has three years and roughly $26 million left on his contract.

Hinrich is a perfect complement for Roy

We have to trade TJ now. After reading his Twitter page, he seems excited about the possibility of being traded. The cat doesn't give a lick about playing in Indiana. I'm sure it started after getting punked by Jarrett Jack last year and I have heard JOB doesn't care for him either.
    All saints have a past. All sinners have a future.

According to CBS Sports rumors, Hansbrough's stock is rising while Jennings, James Johnson and Lawson is going down.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/risersandfallers

On a side note their three experts say the PAcers will select (1) Jennings and (2) & (3) say Lawson.

3. Tyler Hansbrough, F, North Carolina
    After spending the last two years deciding why they didn't like Hansbrough's NBA potential, scouts have been shouted down by coaches and general managers on the workout tour who can't get enough of Hansbrough's high-octane performance on the floor. Sure, he's going to be limited against bigger and more athletic power forwards in the NBA. But what rookie power forward not named Griffin isn't going to face those same issues? Hansbrough has developed quite a following among coaches and GMs in the top 20, and if he lasts past that, there will be teams scrambling to move up to snag him.

1. Brandon Jennings, G, Italy
    There's still no sure sign that Jennings will be afforded his rightful spot in the lottery. While he could be off the board as early as No. 7 to Golden State, teams as low as 20 and 21 are keeping an eye on him in case he takes a draft night tumble. With so much murky information surrounding his departure from Italy at the end of his season abroad, Jennings simply didn't have time to repair all the damage (perceived and real). Without some team taking the leap in the top 10, things could get nasty as the draft wears on. And if Jennings drops as far as 19 or 20, things could get really crazy in the green room.

3. James Johnson, F, Wake Forest
    There doesn't seem to be much debate, if any, about Johnson's potential. Most scouts and NBA personnel types agree that he has elite talent -- one Eastern Conference assistant general manager insists he has "Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony type talent." But the same executive said he couldn't take Johnson with a top-14 pick without some serious deliberation because of questions about Johnson's desire, work ethic and maturity. He's yet another player who seems to be dropping because of off the court issues, and if he doesn't have a team that's smitten with him take the leap in the top 10, he could be in for a long night.

4. Ty Lawson, G, North Carolina
    Lawson is another lottery talent who probably won't see his name called until the middle of the first round or later. Too many teams are scared of turning their team over to a point guard his size (think Jameer Nelson at the same stage). Nelson turned into an All-Star and played for the NBA title this season, so Lawson might very well get the last laugh. But much like Nelson did on draft night, Lawson will be penalized for something that's totally out of his control. Initially, he planned to limit workouts to teams in the top 15. But after a last-minute change of heart he showed up in Atlanta on Wednesday for a one-man workout for the Hawks, who could snap him up with the 19th pick if he's still there.
    Last edited by RWB; 06-25-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

This has been reported in part, but the #2 pick aspect is new to me:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...rc&eref=fromSI

The Knicks are on the verge of acquiring the second pick of the NBA draft. The second pick of the 2003 draft, that is. A deal that would send Quentin Richardson to Memphis for Darko Milicic, the player selected after LeBron James and before Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, is close to being finalized. The 7-foot Milicic has been a disappointment since entering the league but he would give the Knicks a shot-blocker on their front line. Both Milicic and Richardson are entering the last year of their contracts. For weeks, team president Donnie Walsh has been trying to trade up to acquire Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio, who coincidentally could be drafted second by Memphis.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ie__darko.html

Mood

Only Ford Trades I can think of right now are-

Pacers: Ford
    for
    Suns: Barbosa and Dragic (or Tucker)

Pacers: Ford
    for
    Clips: Kaman

and

Pacers: Ford and Foster
    for
    76er's: Brand

Can't see any salary combo that would make sense in a trade with Atlanta... b/c Smith's 7.2 mil trade kicker bonus alone would rule it out...

Picks to be included to be left up to debate...
    Last edited by tadscout; 06-25-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rumors are fun!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lou's WaHoosiers View Post
    We have to trade TJ now. After reading his Twitter page, he seems excited about the possibility of being traded. The cat doesn't give a lick about playing in Indiana. I'm sure it started after getting punked by Jarrett Jack last year and I have heard JOB doesn't care for him either.

http://twitter.com/tj_ford

Everyones ? Will I get traded again...will find out more tomorrowabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

If so what team would u like to see me play forabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

Been hearing about trade rumorsabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

How lucky is Shaq right now.. WOWabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

It's been some great trades so far in the NBA.. Just started.. Wait until Julyabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

Can't wait til next seasonabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I really am starting to see that a pick in our area has more value than a veteran player. I would not be upset if we traded the pick and packaged it to get another veteran who can help in areas that we are lacking.

I promise you that I will put about a dozen people on ignore if things get out of hand. It is the draft, not the finals.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

http://twitter.com/tj_ford

Everyones ? Will I get traded again...will find out more tomorrowabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

If so what team would u like to see me play forabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

Been hearing about trade rumorsabout 17 hours ago from TwitterFon

How lucky is Shaq right now.. WOWabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

It's been some great trades so far in the NBA.. Just started.. Wait until Julyabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

Can't wait til next seasonabout 9 hours ago from TwitterFon
    We've already know about this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

Given that we had interest in Tyson Chandler at the deadline, I find it interesting that the Hornets are still shopping him. We no longer have the expirings, though, so we may not be able to put together a deal for him.

The Cavaliers were also in talks with New Orleans about obtaining Tyson Chandler. If they had not made the trade for O'Neal, they would have traded for Chandler, according to a source.

The Cavs felt O'Neal was the better option because he has just one year left on his contract, and will not eat up cap space that will enable them to pursue free agents such as Chris Bosh in next summer's star-studded free agent class. Chandler, who had injury problems last postseason, has a player option for $12.7 million in 2010-2011 that he is likely to pick up.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    We've already know about this.
    Sorry just thought I'd share with those who didn't know his twitter page...

Mood

Sorry just thought I'd share with those who didn't know his twitter page...
    I'm not doggin' you. You seemed to be the only one unaware of it. No biggie.

Thanks for the reminder, though!

Trade idea from rumor out of Washington:

IND: Foster <--> WAS: M James, #32 (& 2nd-rdr in '10)

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._pick_as_well/

I'd prefer to trade Murphy and keep Foster, but if not, this would bring us cap relief and some talent to develop. It would also add another PG (albeit a more defensive-minded one) for next season, however, so trading Ford would become imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post

I'd prefer to trade Murphy and keep Foster, but if not, this would bring us cap relief and some talent to develop. It would also add another PG (albeit a more defensive-minded one) for next season, however, so trading Ford would become imperative.
    There's simply no way that TPTB would pull the trigger on this trade. It's a straight up salary dump for next year, with very little in return. Bird, etal, will feel that they can get more value out Foster, either in another trade, or on the floor.

And I think they're right.

New mock from RealGM:

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/15..._day_edition)/

Evans at #9 ... Jennings at #10 ... we pick Blair at #13 ... DeRozan slips to #14 ... Henderson at #16 ... Lawson at #19 ... Hansbrough at #20 ... Johnson at #21 ... and Maynor all the way down to #24.

Right or wrong, this still highlights the awkwardness of us picking at #13, and of the value still available in the 20s.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post

TPTB wouldn't Tade one of our team leaders (Foster) for a back up PG that has a history of chemistry issues (Tor and maybe Hou, memory sketchy)... just to add a early 2nd rounder... or I'd hope...

Pacers: Ford and Foster
    for
    76er's: Brand
    I like this one especially if we could get Jennings. Brand would pair well with Hibbert and give us a real post presence.

MSNBC currently predicts J.Flynn will drop to the Pacers at #13 and will be the pick. If not they're saying it will be Lawson. Seems the news sites keeping saying the Ps are going Point Guard in the draft.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post: