Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Draft Party

Default Pacers Draft Party

Next Thursday as all of you know the Pacer are holding another draft day Party @ Conseco. JMV, a local call in show is hosting a pre-draft Party @ THE PUB from 3-7. I would like to meet up with all PD Members 21 and over @ that location if you are interested.

Default Re: Pacers Draft Party

I'll probably be at the Pub before doors open at Conseco. I like JMV, but I want to get a good seat.

I'd be for meeting up at The Pub, but I probably couldn't make it until 5:00 or so.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I were to drink during Pacers-related event, I'd be for it.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't be drinking anything but a club soda. But, I will enjoy on of their delicious chicken sandwiches.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How could you NOT drink during Pacer-related events over the past few years???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

Who all here is going to the draft party next Thursday?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    How could you NOT drink during Pacer-related events over the past few years???

I have NEVER consumed any type of alcoholic beverage during a Pacers' game or any related event. Even if it's on television.

I have NEVER consumed any type of alcoholic beverage during a Pacers' game or any related event. Even if it's on television.
    Yeah, that's just weird.

Do you not drink period or is there a specific reason for this?
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Yeah, that's just weird.
    I've explained this many times before, but for our newer folks, one more time doesn't hurt.

It carries a form of innocence from my childhood as one of the most treasured things of my life, being a fan or part of something bigger than I am. Every time I go into that Fieldhouse, it seems those feelings from back then come around again. I don't want to spoil that with booze.

...plus, I have about an hour and a half drive home after the games.

A lot of you guys will probably think I am crazy, but I don't need alcohol to help me enjoy the games or forget the bad times. I hold on to each game, and hope to goodness there is another one.

That however, does not go without saying that I do enjoy a beer or two every now and then. More or less now than then. :P

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

I've explained this many times before, but for our newer folks, one more time doesn't hurt.

It carries a form of innocence from my childhood as one of the most treasured things of my life, being a fan or part of something bigger than I am. Every time I go into that Fieldhouse, it seems those feelings from back then come around again. I don't want to spoil that with booze.

A lot of you guys will probably think I am crazy, but I don't need alcohol to help me enjoy the games or forget the bad times. I hold on to each game, and hope to goodness there is another one.

That however, does not go without saying that I do enjoy a beer or two every now and then. More or less now than then. :P
    Makes sense to me actually.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Same here -- Indy 500 and Colts games included. It's not an anti-drinking thing... I just prefer not drinking during sporting events. I hate bathroom breaks, I hate the money.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by YoSoyIndy View Post
    Same here -- Indy 500 and Colts games included. It's not an anti-drinking thing... I just prefer not drinking during sporting events. I hate bathroom breaks, I hate the money.
    It's not a matter of money, that isn't a problem. I will consume alcoholic beverages during any other sporting event, including those you listed. Home or at the stadium, arena, field, track, or whatever.

I will be going to the draft party, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the bar beforehand. I probably won't drink during the draft party because I have to drive back down to Bloomington afterwards for work the next morning (what a buzzkill this whole job thing has turned out to be).

As for getting drunk at sporting events...for me, it really depends on what it is and who I am with. For instance I really don't like to drink for Pacer games just because I don't get to go to too many of them and I usually have to make a fairly lengthy drive afterwards. At the Indy 500, I couldn't imagine being sober. IU football, ditto. IU basketball I usually like to be sober for.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I will be going to the draft party, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the bar beforehand. I probably won't drink during the draft party because I have to drive back down to Bloomington afterwards for work the next morning (what a buzzkill this whole job thing has turned out to be).

As for getting drunk at sporting events...for me, it really depends on what it is and who I am with. For instance I really don't like to drink for Pacer games just because I don't get to go to too many of them and I usually have to make a fairly lengthy drive afterwards. At the Indy 500, I couldn't imagine being sober. IU football, ditto. IU basketball I usually like to be sober for.
    I'll be passing you on the way home. lol

I actually did not drink the whole 500 weekend this year.

I got this thread off track, I need to get it back

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be making an appearing at Conseco. Send me a pm if you would like to meet up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will drink at games, but not get drunk. I usually have a beer, maybe two, but I've never been drunk at a game. I don't like it. I'm there to watch the game, I can get drunk at home. If I'm spending the money for a ticket, I'm going to enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

So, I should be sitting at the side of the road looking for you after the 500 or IU basketball right?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    So, I should be sitting at the side of the road looking for you after the 500 or IU basketball right?
    If you are looking for me to be behind the wheel, go fish. Otherwise, yeah, probably a good idea, haha.

Mood

I got a personal invitation and autograph from BRush in my email .... hehehehe. All other Pacer Insiders did too, im sure. I think i might be going.

"Gregory,

Expect the unexpected. That's what the NBA Draft is like, not only for fans, but for the players. Last year, I experienced that first-hand. When they called my name in New York City, I was a Portland Trail Blazer. After a few minutes, I found out I was going to be a member of the Indiana Pacers as part of a trade. Welcome to the NBA.

It was a great night in my life and led to an enjoyable, and educational, first season with the Pacers. This year, I will be in Conseco Fieldhouse for the draft, Thursday, June 25. I hope you can join the Pacers for what should be an interesting night. I know last year that by the time the draft was over, the Pacers had seven new faces, so like my experience, you may be able to expect the unexpected again. But I'll leave that up to Larry Bird.
    Attendance for the Draft Party is free and doors open at 6 pm. There will be free parking in the Virginia Avenue Garage. There will be a free hot dog, chips and a Pepsi product to the first 1,000 guests; great prizes to register for and plenty of in-arena interviews through the night.
    Come join me,

Brandon Rush
    Indiana Pacers"

If anyone is interested, my validation code for VIP access still has one use left. So if you don't already have the VIP pass then just reply here and i'll give it to the first person to reply.

Mood

Can i get the VIP pass?

Sorry the pass is gone.

What is VIP access?