Thread: Draft day multiple player 3 way action: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans

Default Draft day multiple player 3 way action: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans

This one is just short of a blockbuster, and at least would be alot of fun if it happened, and would provide massive help to our interior defense:

Indiana trades TJ Ford, Jeff Foster to Dallas

Dallas trades Jerry Stackhouse (7 million dollar contract, but only 2 million guaranteed), Shawne Williams, Devean George, Antoine Wright, pick #24, and pick number #53 to New Orleans

New Orleans trades Tyson Chandler, pick #21 to Indiana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why for Indiana: This deal helps our athleticism, youth, and defensive ability in the frontcourt. Chandler is good enough defensively to make up for a bunch of the shortcomings defensively of Murphy and Hibbert, and can play alongside either of them in a 3 man 4/5 rotation. Chandler's offensive game isn't much, but he immediately becomes our best athlete, interior defender, and shotblocker.

With #21, the Pacers can select among Teague, Lawson, and Maynor to replace TJ Ford. This trade assumes that the Pacers select James Johnson at #13 to add depth at 3 positions (as I wrote in my draft profile of him) and also assumes we would re-sign Jarrett Jack to start at PG.

Why for Dallas: Mavs don't care about money, and they get 2 legitimate rotation players for very little. Stackhouse may come back to them after New Orleans likely buys him out. Dallas is in "win now" mode, so Ford and Foster make sense for them.....Foster is well thought of by hus former coach Rick Carlisle, and TJ Ford gives them insurance in case Jason Kidd signs elsewhere, and at worst would help limit the veteran Kidd's minutes. They young kids/throw-ins in this deal mean very little to the Mavericks.

Why for New Orleans: This deal makes no sense from a basketball perspective, but they are in serious cost cutting mode and are wanting to reduce their payroll both this year and in the future. This deal saves them a huge amount of cash, especially when you factor in their luxury tax savings. They also get to take a flyer on some younger guys in Wright and Williams.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Draft day multiple player 3 way action: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans

That looks pretty reasonable for everyone involved. Just comes down to whether Dallas wants to commit the salary to those two guys.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This isn't too bad.

Makes sense to me. Nice job.

Mood

I'd be ok with this trade if Chandler is truly healthy, I love his athleticism. We also get that 2nd 1st rounder. If we can get someone like Meeks in the 2nd round to replace Daniels all the better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Dallas would be interested in Ford. He gets paid way too much to be a backup, which he'd certainly be if Kidd returns (which I expect to happen) and Foster doesn't fit next to Dirk -- too small.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sign me up.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods