Thread: Pacers/Raptor Deal

Default Pacers/Raptor Deal

Pacers Send: Murphy or Dunleavy, Foster, and Tinsley

Raptors Send: Bosh, Calderon

Whatever picks or fillers that may be needed

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=m73ly4

Why For Pacers: Pacers Clearly get the "Second Superstar" in Bosh. Bosh would be beloved in Indy the same way that JO was. Calderon is a solid PG that makes TJ/Jack expendable.

Why Not For Pacers: Bosh may feel that he can Get more on the open Market than staying put in Indy.

Why For Raptors: Bosh's contract is expiring and Toronto may have a tough time keeping hin in town so they may just ship him out to get something for him.

Why Not For Raptors: Tinsley and Dunleavy may not be attractive pieces.

Thoughts?
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

Default Re: Pacers/Raptor Deal

Why would Bosh want to come to Indy ??

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not about him wanting to COME to Indy. The issue would be KEEPING Him in Indy.

But to Answer Your Question; Bosh would Immediately turn this current group into Contenders in the East. The Pacers already have a legit Superstar i Granger to pair him with. His biggest issue in Toronto is the presumed lack of Interest in signing him long-term. Indy wouldn't second guess trading for him let alone re-signing him long term.
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Granger-Rush09 View Post
    Indy wouldn't second guess trading for him let alone re-signing him long term.
    I don't know if this is a true statement or not. Bosh is good, I just don't feel he's good enough for the money he'll be wanting.

And I really doubt that Toronto would want to take on those contracts. They could probably do better in a S&T or something.

There is no way Toronto is dealing Bosh with out getting any first rounders in return. To make it worse, they are not going to give up Calderon at the same time. Colangelo has a lot of faith in Jose, and wont give up on him this soon, especially for the players they are getting in return.

I dont think Toronto would even want Murphy in return, they already have a 3-point shooting big man (Bargnani). If we can get Toronto do to a sign and trade for Bosh, we would be a lot better. But to get Bosh, we would have to give up Foster, a healthy Dunleavy, possibly Rush or Hibbert and at least 1 first rounder.

But to have a possible starting 5 of:

Jack
    Rush (if Toronto doesnt ask for him)
    Granger
    Bosh
    Hibbert (if Toronto doesnt ask for him)

I'd do it
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    'Cause Indy ROCKS!

Mood

I would love to see Bosh in Indy, but they would laugh at this one before hanging up. I think there may be a new perception in the next few years about playing in Indy. The idea of playing alongside Danny with the core group of youngs we are getting may attract some top talent. Yes, it does get cold but we're not Minnesnowta.