Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which current Pacer may be gone by the end of the week?

Default Which current Pacer may be gone by the end of the week?

If I were a betting man, I would guess that Bird pulls off a deal or two leading up to on or right after Draft day once free agency starts. The question is, which player or players could be dealt?

Here's a look at our current roster including those players who are likely to re-sign:

The "we're not trading them unless an amazing deal comes along group":

-- Danny Granger (face of the franchise) and unless we're offered a LeBron, Kobe, Dwight or something spectacular, he's staying put. Chances of being traded: 1%

-- Brandon Rush -- The last month of the season he solidifed his starting spot and showed he belonged in the league and may prove to be the best of the Rush brothers. Chances of being traded: 3%

-- Roy Hibbert -- Can't teach height and Roy has the work ethic and skills and just needs to put it all together. Chances of being traded: 4%

The "We don't necessarily want to trade you, but if we can get something to improve the team, you're outta here"

-- Troy Murphy -- Troy had an outstanding year and his value has never been higher. In relative to his production, his salary isn't too outrageous and he is always good for at least 12 and 10 a night. He won't make any all NBA Defensive Teams any time soon, but he could be the player that puts an NBA team over the top. The Pacers have been burned in the past when they failed to trade some of their better players at their peak (see Jermaine O'Neal and potentially DUnleavy). Could Bird change his tune this time around? Chances of being traded: 30%

-- Mike Dunleavy -- As I just mentioned, there were those who wished to see us deal Jr. last summer after he came off an amazing year. His natural position is the 3 and Danny's not going anywhere. With his injury and recovery expected to take another 5-6+ months, most teams aren't calling Bird about Michael. But, in this league, anything is possible. Chances of being traded: 20%

-- Jeff Foster -- Foster's best years are probably behind the Texan, but he's a leader in the locker room and can still provide quality minutes whether off the bench or as a starter. Larry Bird seems to be pretty fond of Jeff as he's the only player remaining from the team when Bird was a coach. Plus, if the reports are true, the Pacers also turned down a nice offer from Denver at the deadline to acquire Jeff. However, if a deal came along that Bird couldn't turn down, I could see Bird reluctantly pulling the trigger. Chances of being dealt: 20%

-- Josh McRoberts -- Josh is still a young player and would just be graduating from Duke had he not gone pro after his sophomore year. I think he's got a lot of potential and could be our energy guy or Jeff Foster of the future. Plus, from his work ethic and dedication thus far during the off-season (adding 20lbs of muscle), I think the Pacers are excited about what he may be able to do down the road. Not to mention, he should sign for the minimum or fairly cheap. Chances of being traded: 15%

-- Jarrett Jack -- Solidified himself as the starter at the end of the season and had a somewhat breakout season in Indy. Still a younger player (25), is a bigger point and should be able to be re-signed for a reasonable contract. However, I wouldn't put it past Bird to do a sign-and-trade to send him elsewhere if the Pacers could land a post player. The problem is, most teams typically do not trade big for small. Chances of being traded: 15%

The "I hope you rented or have a good realtor group"

-- Travis Diener -- He gives us solid minutes off the bench and filled in when many players were injured. He's a good teammate and you don't have to worry about him off the court. But he is good for limited minutes, helping start an occasional rally and garbage minutes. Is he worth the 1.7 million he'll make next season? Chances of being traded: 50%

-- TJ Ford -- I think Ford's production was about what a lot of people expected this season. However, with the emergence of Jarrett Jack and a loaded draft with point guards, I think Ford's days in Indy could be numbered. JOB demoted him to coming off the bench later in the year and TJ and Jack had the spat during the season as well. Both guys are about the same age (Ford is 7 months older), but Ford has two years and 17 million left whereas Jack should command a longer deal, but at less money. Ford could start on most NBA teams and could be attractive to a team like Philly, Dallas, Minnesota or Miami. Chances of being traded: 60%

-- Jamaal Tinsley -- Yes, he is still on the roster and doing who knows what down in Atlanta or wherever he may be. I think Bird, despite having been this close to dealing Tinsley to Orlando at the trade deadline, may finally be able to send Jamaal on his way out of town. Granted, his worth is very minimal and I would expect Bird to receive a player back with a similar contract to years remaining. Chances of being traded: 75%

-- Stephen Graham --Is a free agent and would obviously to have to be re-signed, but could be used as a filler for another trade. Not a bad backup and will not command more the the minimum. Chances of being traded (if re-signed): 50%

I expect Rasho, Maceo and Marquis will not be back next season. Quis may come back, but only at a discount and even then he may look elsewhere.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which current Pacer may be gone by the end of the week?

Tinsley's chances of being traded = 75%?

From your e-mail to God's eye's.....
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd say TJ Ford. It appears that the team is really looking at the idea of drafting a PG, which would make either Ford or Jack expendable. The organization appears to like Jack a lot, and while it's possible feel the same way about TJ, there hasn't exactly been a lot of ringing endorsement.

The team has tried to trade Tinsley for years, I don't really see this week changing anything.

I'll say Foster. To other teams (especially contenders), he easily has the most value. A lot of the elite teams in the league could use a guy like him. I don't think he is the guy we most want to move, I just think he is the most likely to be moved.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tinsley ahahahaha wishful thinking.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

Where do you get these statistics? Are they just opinion?

Not trying to start anything, I just want to know where you arrived to these percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you get these statistics? Are they just opinion?

Not trying to start anything, I just want to know where you arrived to these percentages.
    I'm pretty sure they are just his opinion. That's the way I took it anyway.

I think T.J. is the most likely to get traded on draft night (or soon thereafter).

Mood

I will keep the Tin Man trade scenarios in my prayers. I think it will be either TJ or Diener though.

Pure opinion. I may be spot on or way off base. Wait and see, I guess

As far as Tinsley, I think Bird gets a deal done either this week or before the season starts. Not saying we'll get anything worthwhile, but he will no longer be a Pacer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post

As far as Tinsley, I think Bird gets a deal done either this week or before the season starts. Not saying we'll get anything worthwhile, but he will no longer be a Pacer.
    Is there any way you can edit your original post to make it a poll? I think it'd be interesting to see what everyone picks without sifting through all the posts.

Mood

Cool, I thank you.

woman without a team

Bowser will be traded before Tinsley is. (For those who might not know Bowser is Boomer's sidekick mascot.)

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Bowser will be traded before Tinsley is. (For those who might not know Bowser is Boomer's sidekick mascot.)
    We could only hope. ****ing dog *******.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Jeez I think I'd rather see Bowser go than Tinsley. I never understood why they felt compelled to create a second mascot, especially one as stupid as Bowser. I'm fairly certain that he has rabies and fleas. Spread the word.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Its amazing - we keep hearing they can't afford two coaches, but they've had two mascots for a long time. Bowser should be cut if they can't find a taker for him. Although the NBMA would probably throw a fit.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I think T.J. is the most likely to get traded on draft night (or soon thereafter).
    Either him or Jeff I think. More likely him.

with the arbitration soon to come Tinsley's chances of being traded are lower than ever

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BKK For This Useful Post:

Which current Pacer may be gone by the end of the week?
    By the end of the week? Most likely none.

Granger, Rush, and Hibbert aren't going anywhere. (Almost no chance of being gone by the end of the week.)

Jack, and McRoberts are restricted free agents, and Rasho, Graham, and Maceo are free agents. None of these players can be traded until they sign a new contract and they can't do that until next month. (No chance.)

The Pacers have a team option on Daniels, but picking it up would put them over the tax line. Picking it up just to trade Daniels means the player Daniels was traded for would put us over the tax line. (Almost no chance.)

Dunleavy? Since he's recovering from two surgies, (again almost no change.)

Diener? He says he's coming back this year, but he doesn't have to pick up his option until after the draft. Since he likes playing for O'B and the Pacers he probably told them he was coming back as a curtisy, but he probably didn't pick up the option yet. (Probably no chance)

Tinsley? With all the point guards in this draft, and with the likelyhood that he could be bought out, any teams interested would just wait until after abatration and maybe pick him up cheap. (Almost no chance)

That leaves Murphy, Foster, and TJ Ford, as about the only players the Pacers would/could trade in the next week.

Since we only have three big men currently on the team, Hibbert, Foster, and Murphy, the likelyhood of one being traded is very small.

That leaves TJ Ford as the only player with much chance of being traded in the next week. And . . . with this draft being heavy with point guards the odds of Ford being traded aren't good.

With our roster really lacking trade pieces at this time, any trades will probably be done later this summer.

I think our best option to get more picks is to trade future picks like we did to get Stanko. That I would say is abou 25%.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    By the end of the week? Most likely none.

Granger, Rush, and Hibbert aren't going anywhere. (Almost no chance of being gone by the end of the week.)

Jack, and McRoberts are restricted free agents, and Rasho, Graham, and Maceo are free agents. None of these players can be traded until they sign a new contract and they can't do that until next month. (No chance.)

The Pacers have a team option on Daniels, but picking it up would put them over the tax line. Picking it up just to trade Daniels means the player Daniels was traded for would put us over the tax line. (Almost no chance.)

Dunleavy? Since he's recovering from two surgies, (again almost no change.)

Diener? He says he's coming back this year, but he doesn't have to pick up his option until after the draft. Since he likes playing for O'B and the Pacers he probably told them he was coming back as a curtisy, but he probably didn't pick up the option yet. (Probably no chance)

Tinsley? With all the point guards in this draft, and with the likelyhood that he could be bought out, any teams interested would just wait until after abatration and maybe pick him up cheap. (Almost no chance)

That leaves Murphy, Foster, and TJ Ford, as about the only players the Pacers would/could trade in the next week.

Since we only have three big men currently on the team, Hibbert, Foster, and Murphy, the likelyhood of one being traded is very small.

That leaves TJ Ford as the only player with much chance of being traded in the next week. And . . . with this draft being heavy with point guards the odds of Ford being traded aren't good.

With our roster really lacking trade pieces at this time, any trades will probably be done later this summer.

I think our best option to get more picks is to trade future picks like we did to get Stanko. That I would say is abou 25%.
    I agree. nice break down
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

25. The Following User Says Thank You to aero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Jeez I think I'd rather see Bowser go than Tinsley. I never understood why they felt compelled to create a second mascot, especially one as stupid as Bowser. I'm fairly certain that he has rabies and fleas. Spread the word.

I can't stand him either. I never got it. I don't even think Boomer likes him. And he definitely shouldn't.

I heard that Bowser is gone

There needs to be a poll on the all-time least-liked ancillary figure on this team: I think it would be close between Bowser and DJ Paul B, whom they mercifully removed a couple of seasons ago.

My idea for Bowser is that we sell him to Michael Vick.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    There needs to be a poll on the all-time least-liked ancillary figure on this team: I think it would be close between Bowser and DJ Paul B, whom they mercifully removed a couple of seasons ago.

My idea for Bowser is that we sell him to Michael Vick.
    Shhhh! You'll have PETA in on us all!

If Jennings falls to 13, it is likely the Pacers go ahead and make a move. If not, don't count on anyone leaving. The Pacers would probably like to trade Ford or Murphy, but are more likely to trade Foster.