Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

  1. #1
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Pacers send Tinsley #13 & Travis Diener

    Golden State J Crawford & #7

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    GS would rather keep Crawford and stay at #7 than to get rid of him by trading down. And even if they were that desperate, Tinsley and Diener would not make them do it.

  3. #3
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GS would rather keep Crawford and stay at #7 than to get rid of him by trading down. And even if they were that desperate, Tinsley and Diener would not make them do it.
    I disagree they have a lot of money invested in Ellis, Magette, Step Jackson, & Crawford. They also have Belinin/Marrow getting playing time.

    They want to move Ellis and Crawford. Keep in mind they have a terrible draft history. They trade back shed salary and get a decent PG in Tinsley. Diener will walk after this deal is made.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    But they've made it known that they're not interested in him, so what about this deal would make them change their minds? The thing with this trade is, that is essentially means that Tinsley has better trade value than Crawford. You're trading from a better pick to a worse one, meaning that there has to be something there which balances that. The team with the worse pick has to relinquish something of better value than what the other team is including with their better pick.

    With that said, even though Crawford is on the outs at GS, his value is better than Tinsley's given the fact that Tinsley hasn't been in the league for a year, he has an injury history, and that he's an overall unknown as far as on-the-court and off-the-court performance.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    I don't think they'd have any interest considering they're get worse players and contracts AND a lower pick.

  6. #6
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Crawford has a larger salary than Tinsley

    He plays the same postion as Cory Magette & Step Jack. That is over 30 million invested in the SG postion.

    Tinsley helps this team more than Crawford. He is an above average NBA PG.

    This is an o.k draft to move back six spots and they will shed over 3 million per season for the next two seasons while gaining a true PG.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    LOL

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley ............ He is an above average NBA PG.
    OooooooooooooooK.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Diener can't be traded unless he picks up his option.

    Pacers likely don't want to take on Crawford's awful contract (2 years/19.45 million) vs Tinsley (2 years and 14.7 million). I know Nelson wants Crawford out of Golden State, but I don't know if either side would do this deal.

  10. #10
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    The upside is at least Crawford would contribute, whereas Tinsley is making that money to stay home.

    Yeah the Pacers take on another bad contract from Golden St., but they actually get some value for Tinsley, b/c Crawford can score the ball. You don't want to stunt Rush's growth, and we already have an expensive player coming off the bench in Dunleavy (when healthy)

    Granted you rather have someone expensive coming off the bench, then someone expensive staying at home.

    Pick #7 would also mean a pretty get chance of getting a really solid player. Hill, Evans, Holiday, and Curry could all be available.

    I think it's less likely for the Warriors to take that trade.

  11. #11
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    The Wizards are way more likely to give up their draft pick. Also in this they still have Ellis as a starting PG and again that leaves Travis as the 3rd string PG.

  12. #12
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,450
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    I like a bit because it rids us of the Tin Man

  13. #13
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OooooooooooooooK.
    I am sick of people on this board thinking J Tinsley sucks ***. The guy is an above average PG. Beside the off court drama that guy won us games when he played. He can pass, score, handle a team, & is veteran. I think this trade is within reason. Golden State has a young core and wants rid of Crawford. I think TPTB should try to move up @ all cost if it involves trading Tinsley.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sick of people on this board thinking J Tinsley sucks ***. The guy is an above average PG.
    OK - let me look up his stats from last year ................ Oh wait - THERE AREN'T ANY !!

    Besides that, his attitude and conditioning contribute to his overall suckness. Maybe he's average given his skills, but the whole package sucks. If he's that good, why doesn't anyone want him ?? Why aren't people burning up Larry's phone trying to trade for him ?? I think NBA GMs know a little more about the game than you and I do .......... and their clear opinion is that he's not worth having on their team.

  15. #15
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK - let me look up his stats from last year ................ Oh wait - THERE AREN'T ANY !!

    Besides that, his attitude and conditioning contribute to his overall suckness. Maybe he's average given his skills, but the whole package sucks. If he's that good, why doesn't anyone want him ?? Why aren't people burning up Larry's phone trying to trade for him ?? I think NBA GMs know a little more about the game than you and I do .......... and their clear opinion is that he's not worth having on their team.
    You are 100% WRONG, The reason why GM's do not want him is the fact the Pacers banned him. Why make a trade when for a player who is not wanted. Tinsley is a better PG than Jarett Jack hands down.

  16. #16
    Member IndyProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK - let me look up his stats from last year ................ Oh wait - THERE AREN'T ANY !!

    Besides that, his attitude and conditioning contribute to his overall suckness. Maybe he's average given his skills, but the whole package sucks. If he's that good, why doesn't anyone want him ?? Why aren't people burning up Larry's phone trying to trade for him ?? I think NBA GMs know a little more about the game than you and I do .......... and their clear opinion is that he's not worth having on their team.
    im gonna have to go with jonathan on this one. GM's arent burning their cell phone minutes calling bird because tinsley and the pacers have to solve their problems FIRST. and tinsley's conditioning has ALWAYS been a drawback of his, even when he was an all star and averaging 12-13 assists per game. had it not been for a weed bag, a gun, and a dust pan in the detroit palace, tinsley would still be a top 10 pg for sure.

    with todays economy the way it is, every gm is looking to cut cap. and crawford is a gunslinger that is VERY streaky and would be a better FIT somewhere else. and with this verrry weak draft class, moving down 6 spots is extremely affordable.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and tinsley's conditioning has ALWAYS been a drawback of his, even when he was an all star and averaging 12-13 assists per game.
    We must've all been sleeping when this happened because none of us can recall this in our memory banks.

  18. #18
    Member IndyProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Pacers & Golden State Draft Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We must've all been sleeping when this happened because none of us can recall this in our memory banks.
    well psh, i might just want to dig into my memory bank and retract my statement, more like 8-9 assists. but for his career its about 7. AND the past 4 years before this past season, he avg. over 12 points, and almost 2 steals a game. now how can somebody be a non conditioned athlete and average almost 2 steals a game in the NBA? it remains a mystery, but tinsley did it.

    solidifying my point and i think jon's, had he not gotten shot at outside of a club, hed be perfect trade bait.

Similar Threads

  1. Has the High School Class of 05 Doomed the 2009 NBA Draft?
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
  2. Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 5
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM
  4. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  5. 01/16/2008 Guess The Score - Pacers vs. Golden State
    By RoboDoug in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 02:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •