Thread: Anyone like Derek Fisher?

Default Anyone like Derek Fisher?

Don't know that it has been asked but what do you guys think of him?

As much as I like Brewer i'll take Fisher.

Fisher has won championships, so + expierence and is a good shooter. Makes a good backup but he can start/step up unlike Anthony Johnson. [Nothing against AJ though.]

If we can sign Jackson and Fisher this would be better than any star we could get.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone like Derek Fisher?

I know so many people on this board are anti-Fisher, but I'd like to see us go after him. I think he'd be the perfect backup for Tins and would provide some great shooting as well as clutch play. I think ee would probally thrive the most if he was on the floor with Jones, Bender, and O'Neal.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Would he play backup to Tinsley?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

He played backup to GP...

And who knows, he could play his way onto the starting lineup if he plays well enough.

I would welcome Derek to the team.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jay's_Dad@Section222 thinks Fisher should be the Pacers' top priority, for exactly the reasons rommie and ns mentioned above.

Its been so long since we've seen Fisher apart from the Triangle that I don't remember whether he's a good 'true PG' or not. Regardless, I think he'd be a very good combo guard for the Pacers, a la Brent Barry. And we did pretty good the last time we signed a guard from the Lakers with championship experience.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I like Fisher, he provides great intangibles.

But just a word of caution. Beware of role players who have been on championship teams. Remember when the Bulls broke up and their former role players tried to contribute but generally stunk. Also look at the former Jazz players who looked good in that system and next to Stockton and Malone, but when they were on their own other places, they failed miserably

Tinsley>Fisher>Johnson>Brewer

I like him, but I agree with Unclebuck. I've got a hunch he won't be quite as good without Shaq and Kobe around. And it'd probably take a sign and trade to get those two.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

LAPacer

Please no Fisher... He is a flopping machine. He can't create his own shot, and is not a playmaker. He is only good for hitting clutch open shots. And we already Reggie.

Mood

For a backup PG, sure why not.