Thread: Austiion Choshere

Default Austiion Choshere

I just seen him on CH 6 sports with Larry Bird, watching the work outs. Is he comeing back as a player or a coach? Any one know?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OTD For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Austiion Choshere

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just seen him on CH 6 sports with Larry Bird, watching the work outs. Is he comeing back as a player or a coach? Any one know?
    We need bodies to fill out the roster. Last year he would have been here if we didn't have too many people. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's our 15th man and works towards being a coach or something else. I welcome him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

With all the money we paid him, lets hope hes doing a very long, free internship-either as a coach or front office.

I was watching the 2000 Finals game the other day, and I still cant decide which hurt more-losing the championship or having Austin peak at that time and have him signed to a contract that pretty much crippled the franchise for years to come.

I really like Austin. I think he'd be a great 15th man. I'd love for the Pacers to sign him for that role, since he'd know he wouldn't be getting minutes but would practice hard and cheer from the bench.

As long as he's not on the floor, I'd love to have him on the team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I'd be ok with Austin filling out the end of the bench and occasionally playing. I would see his role as more of a mentor of how to be a professional to the young guys.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who the hell is Austiion Choshere?

I, too, would welcome Croshere back in a 15th man type of role. He can still give you a few quality minutes off the bench.

As our roster stands now, we only have 8 players under contract for next season (and assuming we don't pick up Quis' option). Assuming we re-sign Josh and Jack, that puts us at 10 players. If Diener picks up his option, we're at 11 plus a 1st round pick guaranteed contract, which gives us 12. Plus, if our 2nd rounder makes it through camp and on to the roster, we're now at 13 with a few spots to fill. aI'd be comfortable with Austin serving in a Maceo Baston-eque role.

If we sign him for the vet minimum, the NBA picks up part of the contract itself (about a third), so it's a low risk, high reward move for the Pacers. Maybe Croshere and Foster could take someone like Josh under their wing and help develop his game a little more? Plus, Croshere was always a fan favorite. He got one of the loudest ovations last fall when he was in camp during the Coliseum game and has always been good for PR for the Pacers.

Croshere has previously expressed an interest in working for the Pacers in a front office capacity, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bird hire him as an assistant of some sorts as well. I could see him serving in a role similar to that of Hoiberg in Minnesota after he retired. Croshere still lives in Indy year-round, married a girl from Indy and has become a Hoosier.