Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100

Thread: Amare for Jefferson/#6

  1. #1

    Default Amare for Jefferson/#6

    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._in_the_works/

    An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire. David Kahn is looking to make dramatic changes after recently being hired in Minnesota.
    Who knows if it will happen. I'd be pissed if I was a Minny fan. He'll bolt after a year and he'll be unhappy there the whole season. Al is a great building block and they could get a very good player at 6. Al is the face of that franchise and is one of the most skilled low post players. I love it for PHX, hate it for MIN. They'll be left with nothing in a year. If it's true of course.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Wow. I wouldn't deal Jefferson for Amare straight up, and they are talking about trading him and the 6th pick? I understand Kahn wants to put his stamp on the team, but Jefferson is the one guy you have that you need to build around. Trade Love for a true PG or a legit C, but don't trade your best young player just because you think you need to make a splash. The Love-back-to-Memphis-for-the-#2 pick made much more sense than this.

  4. #3
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,151

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    The only reason this would make since is if the Wolves don't think Jefferson will recover from the injury. Otherwise they should use the draft to build around Jefferson and Love.

  5. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    "Putting his stamp on it," huh? He could also do that by trading a later pick and deadweight Brian Cardinal for a great PG like, oh I don't know, Jamaal Tinsley.

    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    I guess the Wolves' offer beats those Murphy/Tinsley offers from the trade board.

  7. #6
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    yikes. I dont know what the T-Wolves are thinking. They have such a solid young core. I think Jefferson and Love would be a great combo. I would love Jefferson to come to Indy but there probably no way we can land him, and he is damn expensive.

    Coming off his injury, I think the Suns need to be a little careful with pulling this deal.

    If Amare was unhappy in PHX, I wonder how long its going to take him to demand a trade from Minni
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  8. #7

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Both Amare and Al are coming off injuries, and David Kahn has to get Glen Taylors approval to make this deal... it just ain't happ'n.

    Jefferson just missed being an Allstar this past year. He's an Allstar in the making with a great attitude, so there is NO reason to trade for Amare? None/nada. He was the main reason/focal point to trade KG to Boston, and to rebuild a team around. As someone else posted, I wouldn't trade them straight up let alone in the 6th. The Suns need to be adding to the trade to get Jefferson and unload Amare not the T-Wolves!!

  9. #8
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,285

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yikes. I dont know what the T-Wolves are thinking. They have such a solid young core. I think Jefferson and Love would be a great combo. I would love Jefferson to come to Indy but there probably no way we can land him, and he is damn expensive.

    Coming off his injury, I think the Suns need to be a little careful with pulling this deal.

    If Amare was unhappy in PHX, I wonder how long its going to take him to demand a trade from Minni
    Jefferson and Love a great combo? They're both undersized. I'd rather have Jefferson and Mayo. I disagree about Jefferson being expensive. I think when you look at his production, he's being payed accordingly.

    I don't even think twice if I'm Kerr. This is too good to be true. You get a younger, better PF plus the 6th draft pick for Amare - who could very easily leave Phoenix after next season anyways. Get value for him now while you can, and it doesn't get much better than this.

    He won't demand a trade. He'll enjoy his 16 mil and be the man in Minny for a year then bolt and look for that next pay day.

    Minny must be hit really bad by the economy to trade their franchise player and their top draft pick for an expiring.

  10. #9
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Jefferson was better than Amare this year. Much better.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #10
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Putting his stamp on it," huh? He could also do that by trading a later pick and deadweight Brian Cardinal for a great PG like, oh I don't know, Jamaal Tinsley.

    Actually if Kahn will trade Jefferson for Amare, why not?

  12. #11
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    This doesn't seem like a particularly wise move for Minnesota.

  13. #12
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    What is Minnesota thinking?

  14. #13

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    What a horrible move by Minnesota if they actually do this. Jefferson is not only a younger player than Amare and thus makes more sense for a rebuilding team, but he's better (imo) on both ends. This is what keeps teams like Minnesota out of the playoffs for years.

  15. #14

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Minnesota getting "Mchaled" on this deal

  16. #15
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    I'm disappointed. When I saw the title of the thread for a minute I thought it meant Milwaukee was getting rid of Richard Jefferson.

  17. #16
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    If this goes through it would have to be a huge bonehead move for Minny.

  18. #17

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Terrible move for Minnesota. Jefferson has another 4 years on his deal at a reasonable salary for a big man. Plus, he's younger than Amare. And you throw in the #6 pick?

    I saw that the Wolves may be shopping Love, potentially to Memphis for the 2nd pick. They could grab someone like Rubio or Thabeet to pair next to Jefferson. Plus, they have their 6th, 18th and 28th picks as well. A move for someone like Amare is not the best move for a rebuilding team. They have a lot of holes to fill at the point and center, especially. I think Kahn may come in there and make a few deals as both Miller and Cardinal are expirings and could package some picks.

  19. #18

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    What does anyone know about the type of person David Kahn is when he was with the Pacers? Is he the type of person that would be insulted and take it personally that Jefferson came to him a few weeks ago and asked him to keep McHale as coach? Enough to trade Jefferson b/c of it? If so, Glen Taylor chose another wrong GM!!!

  20. #19
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    This deal solves absolutely nothing for Minnesota. It's basically like giving away the 6th pick. Jefferson and Amare extremely similar, I actually prefer Al to Amare, and he is younger. The injury thing is a non-issue, because Amare had the same operation done to his knees, and he now has this eye thing to worry about. Just a bizarre rumor.

    Oh, and one more thing...Amare is a free agent after this upcoming season. I'm guessing the chances of him re-signing with Minnesota would be between slim and none. Jefferson is locked into a long term deal at a fair price. Again, what the hell? There's no way this can go down. If it does, then I expect Bird to blow up David Kahn's pager (let's be serious, he has a pager) with Tinsley for Corey Brewer offers.
    Last edited by cdash; 06-18-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added thoughts

  21. #20

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible move for Minnesota. Jefferson has another 4 years on his deal at a reasonable salary for a big man. Plus, he's younger than Amare. And you throw in the #6 pick?

    I saw that the Wolves may be shopping Love, potentially to Memphis for the 2nd pick. They could grab someone like Rubio or Thabeet to pair next to Jefferson. Plus, they have their 6th, 18th and 28th picks as well. A move for someone like Amare is not the best move for a rebuilding team. They have a lot of holes to fill at the point and center, especially. I think Kahn may come in there and make a few deals as both Miller and Cardinal are expirings and could package some picks.
    I think the Love deal is far more likely. My value analysis suggests that a fair deal is Love + MIN's #18 for the #2. Getting Love still leaves Memphis weak, defensively, so naturally, the negotiating -- if it advances -- will progress from MIN saying something like "Love for #2" to "Okay, Love plus our #28 for #2" to perhaps "Fine, Love plus our #18 for your #2 and your #27". What'll be most interesting to me, here, is whether the T-Wolves pluck Rubio and leave a hole at center, or reach for Thabeet, but then still grab a good PG at #6.

    Man, I love this time of year!

  22. #21
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    They just came over ESPNNews and said this deal is dead. No chance of happening.

  23. #22
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Love deal is far more likely. My value analysis suggests that a fair deal is Love + MIN's #18 for the #2. Getting Love still leaves Memphis weak, defensively, so naturally, the negotiating -- if it advances -- will progress from MIN saying something like "Love for #2" to "Okay, Love plus our #28 for #2" to perhaps "Fine, Love plus our #18 for your #2 and your #27". What'll be most interesting to me, here, is whether the T-Wolves pluck Rubio and leave a hole at center, or reach for Thabeet, but then still grab a good PG at #6.

    Man, I love this time of year!
    Supposedly, the plan is to take Rubio, and then pick up Hill at #6.

  24. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They just came over ESPNNews and said this deal is dead. No chance of happening.
    Minnesota must have sobered up.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #24
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Minnesota would be smart to make that Love deal. I really really really like Love as an NBA player, but no matter what the deal is, if the Twolves pick up that second pick, they absolutely positively should take Thabeet. It puts a big body next to Al, who really is much more of a PF, and takes some of the pressure defensively off Al. This would be a hell of a tandem up front for Minny.

    Assuming the Twolves still have their #6 pick, I would have to say that they would then pick a PG. At that point you don't get Rubio, but they would get either Jrue Holiday or Tyreke Evans. If Hill were to fall to six, then they would be fielding a BOATLOAD of offers to move up, especially from the Knicks to bypass GS.

  26. #25
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Amare for Jefferson/#6

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They just came over ESPNNews and said this deal is dead. No chance of happening.
    I wonder if we could interest them in something. I doubt theres much they want that we have
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



Similar Threads

  1. Adding Amare!!!!
    By MillerTime in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
  3. Amar'e Stoudemire on the market?
    By HeliumFear in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
  4. Amare is comin to town!
    By DisapointedPacerFan in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:27 AM
  5. j.o. for amare
    By wintermute in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •