Thread: What Pacers players are doing this off-season?

Default What Pacers players are doing this off-season?

Wanted to put together a list of what our guys have been up to this off-season:

-- Granger -- Picked up his most improved player of the year award and went on his honeymoon to Italy. Although he just went on his honeymoon, Granger actually got married in Phoenix during All-Star weekend last February in a low-key ceremony. He has spent some time in LA over the last few weeks working out and is back in Indy right now

-- Murphy -- Living in NYC, working out and is also taking summer classes at NYU this summer

-- Dunleavy -- Spending time in Indy and rehabbing the knee, the hip and keeping us entertained with his blog

-- Roy -- Has spent just about the entire summer in Indy working out at Conseco Fieldhouse with trainers. Has also done several appearances on behalf and for the Pacers

-- Josh -- Similar to Roy, has spent the entire summer in Indy working with Pacers trainers and staff

-- Ford -- Working out religiously down in Houston with several current Rockets and NBA players.

-- Rush -- Has spent time back in Lawrence working out at KU and I believe is back in Indy and getting ready for the summer leagues in a few weeks

-- Jack -- Down in Atlanta working out at GA Tech and taking a couple of summer classes to finish his degree

-- Foster -- Living in Indy, working out and spending time with the family

-- Diener -- Has spent a part of his summer back in Wisconsin relaxing, playing some golf and getting ready for his wedding later this summer

-- Graham -- Has actually spent a little time in Indy working out and has done a few appearances as well

***Not sure what Quis has been up to as well as guys like Rasho or Tinsley

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: What Pacers players are doing this off-season?

I heard Roy also spent some time back at Gtown playing with Jeff Green, Durant, Beasley and current Hoyas.

I'm just wondering how you get to know all that..

Tinsley - eating chicken wings @ the shooting range.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley - eating chicken wings @ the shooting range.
    Ouch !

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Travis bought a banger Mercury Marquis and "pimped" it out.

My information comes from interviews, articles, etc. and various other sources too.

woman without a team

Mark Boyle applied for a part time job working at Starbucks (or so he said on Dan Dakich's show).

Quis- Is in the studio rapping. He also sponsers an AAU team in Florida (Crosstown as he call it) Has yet to make it rain @ Brass Flamingo.

Grace,

I did attempt to secure employment at Starbucks, but their corporate policies relating to temporary help made that an unreachable goal. However, the folks at Hubbard and Cravens, which is a locally owned coffee house, have graciously extended an offer and I will be starting there very soon.

MJB

Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    Grace,

I did attempt to secure employment at Starbucks, but their corporate policies relating to temporary help made that an unreachable goal. However, the folks at Hubbard and Cravens, which is a locally owned coffee house, have graciously extended an offer and I will be starting there very soon.

MJB
    PD after-party night cap at H&Cs!

(Terrific work you do, Mark! Announcing, that is. We'll see about your barista skills ... . ;-)
    Last edited by DrFife; 06-20-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Grace,

MJB
    Is this just something you're doing out of boredom?

smj887,

No. In recent years, I've taken to trying to find off beat and challenging things to do during the summer - I think many on this board are aware that I drove out to Montana and spent the summer broadcasting minor league baseball not too long ago - and this is my latest foray into that arena.

I wanted to find something that would allow me to make some money that I could contribute to a scholarship fund I hope to have up and running this fall, while also affording me the challenge of sharpening my skills in the area of interacting with people. Though I try to be gracious and appreciative when people approach me, I've always struggled with meeting strangers, interacting with season ticket holders and sponsors, and other areas that I would like to be more comfortable with. I'm hoping that this experience will help lessen my social anxieties in those and other similar scenarios.

Thanks for asking. Hope this answers your question.

MJB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mboyle1313 For This Useful Post:

Banned

I read on IndyStar that McRoberts is been working out and gained 20 pounds of muscle, according to Mike Wells they feel he could be like the "Bird Man"(I been saying this for ever)

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I read on IndyStar that McRoberts is been working out and gained 20 pounds of muscle, according to Mike Wells they feel he could be like the "Bird Man"(I been saying this for ever)
    Yep. Here's the quote and link of the article by Mike Wells.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...rs_back_i.html

I've been hearing rumors about how Josh McRoberts has been living in the weight room this offseason.

I saw it with my own eyes when I ran into him at Conseco Fieldhouse earlier this week.
    McRoberts said he's put on 20 pounds of muscle since the end of the season.

The Pacers want to re-sign McRoberts, who appeared in 33 games last season.

A Pacers official told me they envision McRoberts being like Denver's Birdman. They like McRoberts' athleticism, energy and rebounding ability off the bench.
    Really gets me excited to see McRoberts next season. I hope the added muscle won't slow him down and ground him. He was at his best flying around the court and being active.

Danny will also be running basketball camps in New Mexico and Indiana.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta make some plans to see Troy when he's in town.

I think many on this board are aware that I drove out to Montana and spent the summer broadcasting minor league baseball not too long ago - and this is my latest foray into that arena.
    I lived in Billings at the time and I found myself listening to a lot of Mustangs games that summer. It was a pleasant surprise to hear you doing the games.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Though I try to be gracious and appreciative when people approach me, I've always struggled with meeting strangers, interacting with season ticket holders and sponsors, and other areas that I would like to be more comfortable with. I'm hoping that this experience will help lessen my social anxieties in those and other similar scenarios.

Thanks for asking. Hope this answers your question.

MJB
    Mark, you sound like a closet introvert. Excellent job in hiding that fact to the masses.

And for all the introverts out there (myself included) here is a list of famous ones who still push to overcome their shyness.

Joan Allen
    Candice Bergen
    Mark Boyle
    Ellen Burstyn
    Glenn Close
    Clint Eastwood
    Harrison Ford
    Tom Hanks
    Helen Hunt
    Diane Keaton
    Jessica Lange
    Laura Linney
    Steve Martin
    Gwyneth Paltrow
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Julia Roberts
    Meg Ryan
    Carly Simon
    Meryl Streep
    Noah Wyle
    Last edited by RWB; 06-22-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

RWB,

That is the first - and almost certainly the last - time that my name appears on the same list as Clint Eastwood.

Thanks!

MJB

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Maybe Steve Martin should work at Starbucks. The two times I've been introduced to him, he was inexcusably and unnecessarily rude.

I just want the chance to say "Ex-CUSE me buddy, I believe I ordered a NO FOAM latte?!? I mean, how hard is that to REMEMBER?!?!"

Enjoy your summer job, Mark.

Looking forward to hearing about your social experiment. I'll be checking in between surf sessions.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Mark, you sound like a closet introvert. Excellent job in hiding that fact to the masses.

And for all the introverts out there (myself included) here is a list of famous ones who still push to overcome their shyness.

Joan Allen
    Candice Bergen
    Mark Boyle
    Ellen Burstyn
    Glenn Close
    Clint Eastwood
    Harrison Ford
    Tom Hanks
    Helen Hunt
    Diane Keaton
    Jessica Lange
    Laura Linney
    Steve Martin
    Gwyneth Paltrow
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Julia Roberts
    Meg Ryan
    Carly Simon
    Meryl Streep
    Noah Wyle
    I actually had the privilege of doing a project on Harrison Ford in one of my film studies classes, and I was genuinely shocked to realize how introverted he really was/is.

It is crazy to think because I am still incredibly introverted and even at a leadership retreat this past week with new of our new student at my university I was scared to death. Funny thing is I (the whole team really) got a few compliments from students on how outgoing we were and how they would never see us as introverted.

Mr. Boyle, please keep us updated. Maybe you could even start a blog or a twitter