Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PD member Mark Boyle 10-1 on 1070

Default PD member Mark Boyle 10-1 on 1070

He is covering for Dan Dakich till Wed you can listen to him on 1070 AM from 10am - 1 pm.

Default Re: PD member Mark Boyle 10-1 on 1070

I had forgotten how much I liked his shows from the '90's.

Much different than him on the Pacers broadcast. In just his first segment he called Alonzo Mourning an idiot, called Mike Turico an average broadcaster, and admitted he knows nothing about college basketball and this nothing about the draft.

Liked it much more than Dakich.

Tirico IMO is not great play-by-play radio or play-by-play TV guy. But I think he is great in studio situations. Whether he is hosting a draft, a pre or post game show, or anything along those lines.

Just got done laughing about his admission of not going to dentist for 17 years. He is doing a real good job and it is worth listening to.

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

Crap! I just woke up and missed his Monday show. I have to be sure to catch the next two days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much different than him on the Pacers broadcast. In just his first segment he called Alonzo Mourning an idiot, called Mike Turico an average broadcaster, and admitted he knows nothing about college basketball and this nothing about the draft.

Liked it much more than Dakich.
    yeah, I like him better than Dakich, DD only talks about him, IU and Bob Night

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Tirico IMO is not great play-by-play radio or play-by-play TV guy. But I think he is great in studio situations. Whether he is hosting a draft, a pre or post game show, or anything along those lines.
    Agreed. I like Tirico much better than Dan Patrick on the ESPN Radio show.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    yeah, I like him better than Dakich, DD only talks about him, IU and Bob Night
    I've listened to Dakich since he started, and I really have to disagree with that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I've listened to Dakich since he started, and I really have to disagree with that.
    Yeah - Dan has got better as the show has gone on. He has some good insight and connections that make it interesting.

Boyle on the other hand, sounds arrogant and uninterested.

Tirico IMO is not great play-by-play radio or play-by-play TV guy. But I think he is great in studio situations.
    I actually listened to a lot of the playoffs on radio (I'm kind of a radio guy).

While Tirico was merely OK, having the analysis of Hubie Brown and Dr. Jack made it very enjoyable. I kept trying to listen to the radio and watch the TV, but it was never in sync. Some games it was only a second or two ahead, but other games the radio was like 6 seconds ahead of the TV at least.

The 9PM start games often I'd just go to bed a halftime and have a radio earbud and isten to the end. by-crackies.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post

While Tirico was merely OK, having the analysis of Hubie Brown and Dr. Jack made it very enjoyable. I kept trying to listen to the radio and watch the TV, but it was never in sync. Some games it was only a second or two ahead, but other games the radio was like 6 seconds ahead of the TV at least.
    If you have cable hit the pause button on your remote for the required time. I did that and listened to Mark and Slick all last year while watching the game.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Boyle on the other hand, sounds arrogant and uninterested.
    Strongly disagree. To me, Boyle comes across as being sophisticated and genuine.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Strongly disagree. To me, Boyle comes across as being sophisticated and genuine.
    Well, then we agree to strongly disagree.

Sophisticated ?? Oy ................

Banned

Dan's style gets old after awhile, while Mark's approach seems to be much more polished. Dan trys to be funny while Mark is funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
    Dan's style gets old after awhile, while Mark's approach seems to be much more polished. Dan trys to be funny while Mark is funny.
    yeah, he talks about the same thing over and over again and then finish quoting Bob night, or how he remembers that Samson was the one who destroyed IU basketball, I like the guy but he needs to talk about other things, not just college basketball.

Count are you referring to the old show he used to do on 1260 wnde on Sunday mornings? Great stuff, witty dry humor. But if memory serves right I thought mark made an admission that he disliked doing talk radio?

I don't understand why you guys are starting a flame war over Dakich vs. Boyle when that dip**** Kravitz airs on the same damn station.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I don't understand why you guys are starting a flame war over Dakich vs. Boyle when that dip**** Kravitz airs on the same damn station.
    I will take Kravits and Eddie over DD all day, they are funny and don't talk about the same thing for hours, I would also take them over JMV and his poor imitation of Jim Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    If you have cable hit the pause button on your remote for the required time. I did that and listened to Mark and Slick all last year while watching the game.

Nah, Direct TV and a set with rabbit ears and a digital box. The local broadcast was always a few seconds behind, and the direct TV was a few seconds MORE behind. I don't have TIVO, so I couldn't make it work without warping space-time and ripping a hole in the fabric of the universe, revealing the alternate dimension where Uncle Buck has a beard and all of thunderbird's posts are one-liners. Oh, and in that universe Tinsley actually PLAYS
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-15-2009 at 11:33 PM.

I will take Kravits and Eddie over DD all day, they are funny and don't talk about the same thing for hours, I would also take them over JMV and his poor imitation of Jim Rome.

If by funny, you mean dumbass, then I agree

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    Count are you referring to the old show he used to do on 1260 wnde on Sunday mornings? Great stuff, witty dry humor. But if memory serves right I thought mark made an admission that he disliked doing talk radio?
    Actually, he had an afternoon drive time show in the early/mid-90's on 1260, when the Pacers were just taking off and were on there. I liked it, primarily because I liked him, but also the show was more centered on topics that I liked.

I don't have an opinion on Dakich, as I rarely listen to Sports radio anymore...the thing that bugs me the most is the 40 minutes of commercials per hour.

Also, I don't particularly like schtick...which is what guys like Dan Patrick, Eddie Whatshisface, Colin Cowherd, Mike & Mike, and Jim Rome do. It's all too much like a character they're playing, and there's simply nothing particularly real about them...there's too much that's just hitting people for reactions.

Boyle's certainly is a guy who's pretty open about his likes and dislikes. IIRC, he used to refuse to talk about racing, among other things. I'm sure that didn't go over too well with some.

Oh God - no.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ABADays For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Actually, he had an afternoon drive time show in the early/mid-90's on 1260, when the Pacers were just taking off and were on there. I liked it, primarily because I liked him, but also the show was more centered on topics that I liked.

I don't have an opinion on Dakich, as I rarely listen to Sports radio anymore...the thing that bugs me the most is the 40 minutes of commercials per hour.

Also, I don't particularly like schtick...which is what guys like Dan Patrick, Eddie Whatshisface, Colin Cowherd, Mike & Mike, and Jim Rome do. It's all too much like a character they're playing, and there's simply nothing particularly real about them...there's too much that's just hitting people for reactions.

Boyle's certainly is a guy who's pretty open about his likes and dislikes. IIRC, he used to refuse to talk about racing, among other things. I'm sure that didn't go over too well with some.

I used to listen to that everyday on WNDE AM 1260 - I had a job where I could listen to the radio all the time and I listened everyday. Back then I generally liked his show, bu there were times when I wished he would "stick to sports" but I think my tastes have changed and really besides the NBA I'm not that into sports - at least not as much as I was in the early 90's. So I can appreciate Mark more now

I also like DD, And really I don't dislike Eddie and Bob - they do get some really really good national guests that no one else locally can get.

May problem with all the local radio sports talk shows has nothing to do with the hosts - IMO they are all OK, it is 90% of the callers.

Banned

I used to listen to that everyday on WNDE AM 1260 - I had a job where I could listen to the radio all the time and I listened everyday. Back then I generally liked his show, bu there were times when I wished he would "stick to sports" but I think my tastes have changed and really besides the NBA I'm not that into sports - at least not as much as I was in the early 90's. So I can appreciate Mark more now

I also like DD, And really I don't dislike Eddie and Bob - they do get some really really good national guests that no one else locally can get.

May problem with all the local radio sports talk shows has nothing to do with the hosts - IMO they are all OK, it is 90% of the callers.
    I used to listen to him also, but it gets old when he does not stick to sports, the same with DD, I also agree that Eddie and Bob get national guests that are important and they talk about Basketball, College, Baseball, Hockey and any other sport.