Thread: Why not at least try for Stoudamire?

Default Why not at least try for Stoudamire?

Since it appears the Suns and Amare are exploring avenues to part ways,
    played around with realgm tradechecker to find Murph + Tins for Amare
    would work.

Throw in our 1st round draft pick for this year as a sweetner, and even
    next year's if needed because we probably would be too good to get a
    tremendous pick anyway.

If Stern were to announce a deal such as this going down on draft night,
    I would wager the Fieldhouse crowd at the draft party would go absolutely
    bonkers!

Does this sound like something worth at least pursuing? Thoughts?

Default Re: Why not at least try for Stoudamire?

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since it appears the Suns and Amare are exploring avenues to part ways,
    played around with realgm tradechecker to find Murph + Tins for Amare
    would work.

Throw in our 1st round draft pick for this year as a sweetner, and even
    next year's if needed because we probably would be too good to get a
    tremendous pick anyway.

If Stern were to announce a deal such as this going down on draft night,
    I would wager the Fieldhouse crowd at the draft party would go absolutely
    bonkers!

Does this sound like something worth at least pursuing? Thoughts?
    Im sure Bird will at least try to call Kerr and ask him what he would like for Amare and Kerr probably mentioned Granger, which would have ended talks.

Financially the trade works http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=cc9vjp But we would have to add this year's pick and maybe more (we cannot add next year's pick because you are not allowed to draft 2 consecutive first round picks).

I think a more realistic trade would be Murphy and Dunleavy (PHX has one of the best medical staff out there so Dun shouldnt be a worry for them). It would be nice to get rid of Tinsley but I dont see them accepting him.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Phoenix will end up trading Amare once they trade Shaq to Cleveland. It seems as though the teams are going back and forth over who the filler in this deal will be. Phoenix wanted West, Cleveland countered with Pavlovic. Phoenix now is asking for draft picks on top of Pavlovic. Cleveland is hesitant to include picks, which they will end up doing (or swapping), because Shaq CLEARLY gives them a better chance to win than Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic and the 30th overall pick.

Amare is the man at that point and the focus of the Suns future. That will make him happier and he will play better basketball without Shaq. He probably learned a few things from Shaq while he was there. He will be a better player going forward, and unless the Suns are really worried about his past knee problems, then they will keep Amare.

Mood

I definitely think that it is an avenue to pursue, but as long as none of our young core are involved.

I think Amare could be traded, but he won't be given away. Like the Pacers last year in the JO trade, I think the Suns are looking for a combination of the following:

-- Cap relief
    -- Draft pick
    -- Young player

How about a 3 way deal with Dallas going down that might look like:

Phoenix receives Murphy, Stackhouse, Pacers 1st and Dallas 1st this year
    Dallas receives Ford
    Pacers receive Amare and Tucker from Phoenix

Why for Phoenix? Phoenix is going to rebuild. In this trade they shed Amare's deal and get immediate cap relief with Stackhouse. Murphy will give them a double-double every night and has a more cap friendly deal. Plus, 2 1st round picks, along with their 1st already, would give them three 1st rounders in the top 22 picks this year. I also think they will do the Shaq deal and they may gain another 1st rounder, which could give them 4 picks this year in the first.

Why for Dallas? Kidd may not resign and could go elsewhere (Cleveland) and may leave the Mavs with Terry as the main point, who is better suited coming off the bench. They rarely use Stack and gain a pretty good player and starter in Ford

Why for Pacers? They lose both Murphy and Ford and a pick, but gain Amare and a suitable backup in Tucker.

New Suns lineup:

Nash, Teague (drafted 14th), Dragic
    Richardson, Barbosa, draft pick from Cleveland?
    Hill, Terrence Williams (drafted 22nd), Dudley
    Murphy, (Blair drafted 13th), Amundson
    Lopez, Swift, Wallace (traded for Shaq)/Free Agent

**Suns buy out Wallace, Pavlovic and Stackhouse and in the summer of 2010 those conracts and that of Nash all come off the books and they potentially become players to land a free agent? They would have two players in Richardson and Murphy whose deals expires in summer of 2011 as well.

New Mavs lineup:

Ford, Terry, Barea
    Wright, Carroll, Green
    Howard, Williams, fa
    Dirk, Bass, Singleton
    Dampier, Mbenga, fa

New Pacers lineup:

Jack, Diener, Tinsley
    Rush, Tucker, 2nd rd pick
    Granger, Dunleavy, Graham
    Amare, Josh, pick?
    Roy, Foster, F/A?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    I think Amare could be traded, but he won't be given away. Like the Pacers last year in the JO trade, I think the Suns are looking for a combination of the following:

-- Cap relief
    -- Draft pick
    -- Young player

Dallas receives Ford

Why for Phoenix? Phoenix is going to rebuild. In this trade they shed Amare's deal and get immediate cap relief with Stackhouse. Murphy will give them a double-double every night and has a more cap friendly deal. Plus, 2 1st round picks, along with their 1st already, would give them three 1st rounders in the top 22 picks this year. I also think they will do the Shaq deal and they may gain another 1st rounder, which could give them 4 picks this year in the first.

Why for Dallas? Kidd may not resign and could go elsewhere (Cleveland) and may leave the Mavs with Terry as the main point, who is better suited coming off the bench. They rarely use Stack and gain a pretty good player and starter in Ford

Why for Pacers? They lose both Murphy and Ford and a pick, but gain Amare and a suitable backup in Tucker.

New Suns lineup:

**Suns buy out Wallace, Pavlovic and Stackhouse and in the summer of 2010 those conracts and that of Nash all come off the books and they potentially become players to land a free agent? They would have two players in Richardson and Murphy whose deals expires in summer of 2011 as well.

New Mavs lineup:

Ford, Terry, Barea
    Wright, Carroll, Green
    Howard, Williams, fa
    Dirk, Bass, Singleton
    Dampier, Mbenga, fa

New Pacers lineup:

Jack, Diener, Tinsley
    Amare, Josh, pick?
    Roy, Foster, F/A?
    Myself I like this scenario, but it almost makes too much sense for the teams to do this.

Thumbs up Re: Why not at least try for Stoudamire?

-- Cap relief
    -- Draft pick
    -- Young player

Dallas receives Ford

New Suns lineup:

New Mavs lineup:

Ford, Terry, Barea
    Wright, Carroll, Green
    Howard, Williams, fa
    Dirk, Bass, Singleton
    Dampier, Mbenga, fa

New Pacers lineup:

Jack, Diener, Tinsley
    Amare, Josh, pick?
    Roy, Foster, F/A?

Dude, you are brilliant! A win-win situation for everyone!

Man, if they could make this happen.....

EDIT: Except the Mavs need to take Tinsley not Ford.
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 06-16-2009 at 10:04 AM.

-- Cap relief
    -- Draft pick
    -- Young player

Dallas receives Ford

New Suns lineup:

New Mavs lineup:

Ford, Terry, Barea
    Wright, Carroll, Green
    Howard, Williams, fa
    Dirk, Bass, Singleton
    Dampier, Mbenga, fa

New Pacers lineup:

Jack, Diener, Tinsley
    Amare, Josh, pick?
    Roy, Foster, F/A?
    Definitely a good trade, but would Dallas be ok with getting Ford for Stackhouse (cap relief) and a first rounder?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I think Dallas might be willing to deal Stack and a 1st for Ford, especially in this draft. Besides, Cuban could sub it with cash instead or buy another pick, if need be.