Thread: Golden State Part 2?

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Golden State Part 2?

TJ.Ford, T.Diener, #13, '10 2nd
    for
    J.Crawford, B.Wright, #7

GS gets 2 needed PG's (TD thru t/y, TJ w/ PO after t/y) w/o long term commitments ($ of '10?) that also fits GS's style. GS also can get TWill (rumor: if thats who they like) or another solid player @ 13 at a lower price. Ellis is now free to play SG - a better fit for all.

IN gets a M.Daniels-type sub (less "D" but better scorer) who can play the 1/2/3 & be a solid sub while Dun recovers, & adds a young PF w/ upside. IN almost assures themselves the ability to get either Evans or Holiday @ 7. Both JC & Wright fit IN's 2011 expiring contract plan.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Default Re: Golden State Part 2?

I really don't think Ford is a guy Nellie would really like much and he has a longer contract commitment. The Warriors would pass on that one.
    Last edited by d_c; 06-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Nah, this isn't happening. GS isn't at the point where they're going to throw Wright in any deal, which is basically what is happening in this proposal. Also, at #7, they have a lot of options that they can pick from to fill their need of a point guard. So, there's no point for them to trade down, or at least, T.J. Ford isn't enough of an incentive to do so.

I would rather get Randolph than Wright. It's a good trade but like d_c said Nellie might not approve of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather get Randolph than Wright. It's a good trade but like d_c said Nellie might not approve of it.
    Randolph is the guy the Warriors are most high on at the moment. Assuming he continues to mature the way he did in the 2nd half of last season, he's got a chance to be really, really good.

Wright will most likely to be offered as part of a package to get Chris Bosh. The Warriors will make an offer of something like Biedrins/Wright/#7 to Toronto. Whether or not Toronto bites on that is another story, but it's almost certain the Warriors will make an offer like that.

TJ Ford is a nice player, but he's not more than a 30 mpg type of player, given the limitations of his size, injury history and inconsistency. And with the way Nellie plays small lineups, he demands his guards be able to play physically, because they have to go up against bigger/stronger players quite often. Ford isn't that type of guard and he'd probably breakdown physically with what Nellie would ask of him.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Randolph is the guy the Warriors are most high on at the moment. Assuming he continues to mature the way he did in the 2nd half of last season, he's got a chance to be really, really good.

Wright will most likely to be offered as part of a package to get Chris Bosh. The Warriors will make an offer of something like Biedrins/Wright/#7 to Toronto. Whether or not Toronto bites on that is another story, but it's almost certain the Warriors will make an offer like that.

TJ Ford is a nice player, but he's not more than a 30 mpg type of player, given the limitations of his size, injury history and inconsistency. And with the way Nellie plays small lineups, he demands his guards be able to play physically, because they have to go up against bigger/stronger players quite often. Ford isn't that type of guard and he'd probably breakdown physically with what Nellie would ask of him.
    Nellie's similar to Jim, he likes offense and 3 point shooting from his players.

In this trade where would Jamal Crawford play for us? He's a starter and we have Rush starting at SG for injured Dun and when Dun comes back we'll have Rush being a backup SG. I like Crawford but we don't have a place for him to play for us.

Maybe this...
    Dun (healthy) backed up by Crawford.
    Danny backed up by Rush.

Depends who is available @ 7. No way Golden State does this deal if Tyreke Evans is around.

I think we should give Ford and Foster and get back Ellis
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

I'd like to give Ford another year to prove his worth, albeight behing JJ starting the season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I think we should give Ford and Foster and get back Ellis
    I think I'd pass there. Ellis isn't an option that I would want as a starting point guard. I really think he is a guy that would be better suited playing at shooting guard next to a bigger point guard (Holiday and Evans come to mind out of this year's draft class) who would be able to defend shooting guards. I think with Granger and Rush being the likely 1-2 options on this team, we don't need a guy like Ellis who needs a ton of shots to be effective manning the point.