Thread: Clippers-Pacers trade

Default Clippers-Pacers trade

Chris Kaman + Ricky Davis expiring contract for Jeff Foster + Marquis Daniels (Team option) + 13 pick.

Indiana upgrades their center position and gets an expiring contract in Ricky Davis (Ricky will obviously pick up his player option) for Marquis Daniels who the Pacers were most likely not going to bring back as a Pacer, Jeff Foster who isn't as good of a player as Chris Kaman, and the 13th pick...

Pacers Potential Roster

Kaman/Hibert
    Murphy/McRoberts
    Granger/Graham
    Rush/R. Davis
    Jack/Ford

Default Re: Clippers-Pacers trade

Davis isn't the kind of guy I'd like to see in a Pacers uni. Expiring or not. And I don't think Kaman is worth what his contract pays.

Why give up 13 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Kaman + Ricky Davis expiring contract for Jeff Foster + Marquis Daniels (Team option) + 13 pick.

Indiana upgrades their center position and gets an expiring contract in Ricky Davis (Ricky will obviously pick up his player option) for Marquis Daniels who the Pacers were most likely not going to bring back as a Pacer, Jeff Foster who isn't as good of a player as Chris Kaman, and the 13th pick...

Pacers Potential Roster

Kaman/Hibert
    Murphy/McRoberts
    Granger/Graham
    Rush/R. Davis
    Jack/Ford
    This would mean we are going to have to pickup Quis' option and will put us into the LT .... not happening
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Davis isn't the kind of guy I'd like to see in a Pacers uni. Expiring or not. And I don't think Kaman is worth what his contract pays.

Why give up 13 ??
    I agree. I don't think I could stomach Davis here - if even for a year. Since both Quis and Davis would be expirings, the trade is really Foster and 13 for Kaman, which doesn't really sound appealing to me.

The pick would have to be included otherwise it would be a starting center in his prime for a declining backup center. With this trade, Chris Kaman would be the Pacers starting center for the next 2-3 years, while Jeff Foster would be the Clippers fourth big man off the bench who isn't even in the final year of his contract. Twelve Million over the next two years is far two much for a backup center.

Check out the first part of this video clip where Jim O'Brien is practically pleading for a Chris Kaman type of center when he says that Roy isnít ready and the Pacers need a young Jeff Foster who can also score in the post. Unless the pick is included, the trade would never happen.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/pacer...ers/index.html

Which is really just another reason to not do a trade like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    I agree. I don't think I could stomach Davis here - if even for a year. Since both Quis and Davis would be expirings, the trade is really Foster and 13 for Kaman, which doesn't really sound appealing to me.
    foster and pick for Kaman? I do this all day, also Kaman could play PF and Roy center

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    also Kaman could play PF
    He can't even defend a 5. How could he possibly cover a 4 ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Green
    Twelve Million over the next two years is far two much for a backup center
    11 million a year is too much for a 2nd (probably 3rd) tier center that can't defend.
    Last edited by PacerDude; 06-14-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Banned

He can't even defend a 5. How could he possibly cover a 4 ??
    11 million a year is too much for a 2nd (probably 3rd) tier center that can't defend.
    Kaman is only making 10mil while Murphy is making 11mil, I will take Kaman over Murphy, he is a better post up player and a better defensive player, Kaman was a monster two years ago, if he did not get hurt I am sure he could have had a monster year.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Kaman is only making 10mil while Murphy is making 11mil, I will take Kaman over Murphy, he is a better post up player and a better defensive player, Kaman was a monster two years ago, if he did not get hurt I am sure he could have had a monster year.
    I would trade Kaman for Murphy also, but with Jordan, Randolph, Camby and Griffin, I dont see Clips wanting another big man. If theyre looking to move Kaman, it'll be for a swingman
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

I don't like the idea of Ricky Davis having the opportunity to corrupt our young impressionable minds. I say we keep the pick and get us the best available player regardless of position via the draft. what about Vaden? IU was a long time ago and supposedly this kid has improved a ton on his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    His contract averages 11 a year for the next 3.

And of course he has a better post game - he's a center. But that's still not saying much about him. Hibbert is just as good now and will get better at a fraction of the price.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!

His contract averages 11 a year for the next 3.

And of course he has a better post game - he's a center. But that's still not saying much about him. Hibbert is just as good now and will get better at a fraction of the price.
    If we were to acquire Kaman, we would start both Kaman and Hibbert, it doesnt matter if Kaman is a C or PF

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    If we were to acquire Kaman, we would start both Kaman and Hibbert, it doesnt matter if Kaman is a C or PF
    And the Pacers would have the slowest 4 & 5 combo in NBA history. And the worst defensively. And not too impressive offensively.

Kaman was cool when he had the hair and caveman look going for him. He played with a lot of energy. Now that he has a contract, he's not.

And the Pacers would have the slowest 4 & 5 combo in NBA history. And the worst defensively. And not too impressive offensively.

Kaman was cool when he had the hair and caveman look going for him. He played with a lot of energy. Now that he has a contract, he's not.
    Worst defensively? Kaman and Hibbert are better defensive team than Hibbert and Murphy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Worst defensively? Kaman and Hibbert are better defensive team than Hibbert and Murphy
    I agree, he could play PF just like Gasol and Bynum do. Kaman is also pretty fast and a really good week side defender.