Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

  1. #1

    Default just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall



    so what's the deal, Pacers planning on bringing back da gawd ?
    Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

  2. #2
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Fred Jones was one of my favorite Pacers...I miss him.

  3. #3
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    I hope not. He played with heart and could be fun to watch, but he was so out of control and didn't really fit the SG position, I wouldn't want him back.

    EDIT: I have to add that I can't read a thread about seeing a player in public without thinking about men's restrooms.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  4. #4
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope not. He played with heart and could be fun to watch, but he was so out of control and didn't really fit the SG position, I wouldn't want him back.

    EDIT: I have to add that I can't read a thread about seeing a player in public without thinking about men's restrooms.
    As in Scot Pollard?

  5. #5
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,791

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    If we can sign him for the min, I am all for it. I would rather have Jones than Graham any day. I think Jones would be a solid replacement for Graham
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  6. #6

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can sign him for the min, I am all for it. I would rather have Jones than Graham any day. I think Jones would be a solid replacement for Graham
    Was jones in the league last year? Jones is a slasher, but I think I would rather have graham. I don't think he is better all around, but I do think he is better at his role (and he accepts it).

    Fho Sho

  7. #7

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by robocop's cousin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also, yes
    he was on the L.A. Clippers last year
    Well, there ya go.

    He's ready to turn this franchise around.

    Why do people keep wanting old retreads back ??

  8. #8
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, there ya go.

    He's ready to turn this franchise around.

    Why do people keep wanting old retreads back ??
    Because for some reason they are stuck in the past. The bad past that is.

  9. #9
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can sign him for the min, I am all for it. I would rather have Jones than Graham any day. I think Jones would be a solid replacement for Graham
    Unless Fred suddenly developed the ability to do anything but go right or consistently hit a shot outside of 10 feet, you can keep him.

  10. #10

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Jones signed with the Clippers in late December, was released and resigned a few days later.

    As far as why he would be in Indy, he still owns a house here that he was trying to sell and was on the market. He probably is attending to business matters regarding that.

  11. #11

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    I always liked Fred Jones while he was here.

    I was hoping he would catch on with another team in the league although he never could. Might his success here be due to Rick Carlise?

  12. #12

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Jones did catch on with another team and had a decent year as he averaged 7.3 ppg with the Clippers. He's a solid off the bench guy and should probably find a home in the NBA next year, albeit for cheap.

  13. #13

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    He may also be working out for the summer here if his house is still on the market.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  14. #14
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Fred is either a shooting guard that can't shoot

    or

    A point guard that can't dribble and pass.

    That's not the combination I look for in a 'combo' guard.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  16. #15

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    I have some good memories of Fred torching the Celtics in a playoff game. He was really, really, good for us at some key moments...

  17. #16
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    I liked Fred Jones, but I don't think I'd really want him back.

  18. #17
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,456

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Fred Jones has a tough time shopping at any store where the men's section is positioned to the left of the store and the women's to right. He just can't find anything he wants and leaves.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  20. #18
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred Jones has a tough time shopping at any store where the men's section is positioned to the left of the store and the women's to right. He just can't find anything he wants and leaves.
    That was true, but then somebody told him he could just walk to the back of the store and turn around...you know, like halftime.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  22. #19
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    672

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Fred Jones is one of my least favorite Pacers because he epitomizes the IT era.

    Hmm...

    PG - Tinsley
    SG - F. Jones
    SF - Al Harrington
    PF - J.O.
    C - David Harrison

    That's probably my starting lineup for least favorite Pacers. Funny that it's a lineup that could've happened in the IT era, even though I've followed the Pacers since the mid-eighties
    Last edited by DocHolliday; 06-12-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: how the hell could I forget Al?

  23. #20
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    I know this is off topic, but my BIGGEST pet peeve is switching the words 'seen' and 'saw.'

    I don't understand how people can switch them. It doesn't even sound right.

    Okay, I will now take a deep breath and relax.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #21
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,489

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this is off topic, but my BIGGEST pet peeve is switching the words 'seen' and 'saw.'

    I don't understand how people can switch them. It doesn't even sound right.

    Okay, I will now take a deep breath and relax.
    I say it sometimes and don't even realize, thank you Indiana upbringing, but I do saw what you are saying.

  26. #22
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,489

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred Jones is one of my least favorite Pacers because he epitomizes the IT era.

    Hmm...

    PG - Tinsley
    SG - F. Jones
    SF - Al Harrington
    PF - J.O.
    C - David Harrison

    That's probably my starting lineup for least favorite Pacers. Funny that it's a lineup that could've happened in the IT era, even though I've followed the Pacers since the mid-eighties
    I'm fine with JO and Al, they were what they were. I never like Anthony Johnson, I can't really say why. He was dropping 40 in a playoff game for the Pacers and I was like meh.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  28. #23
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred Jones has a tough time shopping at any store where the men's section is positioned to the left of the store and the women's to right. He just can't find anything he wants and leaves.

    Sheer brilliance!



    I wouldn't be upset if the Pacers gave him another shot for the league minimum but I'm sure that's not why he was in town. The Pacers are focused on the draft and they can't negotiate with FAs until July 1st anyway.

    I like Fred and he does play decent defense but Jack, Graham, and even Quis are better and more versatile players.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  29. #24
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    672

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fine with JO and Al, they were what they were. I never like Anthony Johnson, I can't really say why. He was dropping 40 in a playoff game for the Pacers and I was like meh.
    No kidding. For me, that was about the least exciting 40 points a Pacer ever scored. Hell, even I called my dad early in the game when JO went off for 50+ a few years back. AJ--whatever.

  30. #25
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,746

    Default Re: just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

    Pass

Similar Threads

  1. Jacksonville Jaguar Matt Jones faces felony drug charge
    By idioteque in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM
  2. James Jones going home to the Heat
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 03:19 AM
  3. James Jones in Portland...
    By NorCal_Pacerfan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •