Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    7:35pm- draft begins.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bucks select Andrew Bogut. Shocking.

    Can you say: 12 PPG, 8 RPG for his career?
    7:41pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marvin Williams is picked up by the Hawks.

    Poor Marvin.
    7:46pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, is Deron white or black?
    8:13pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Hakim Warrick will drop the the 17 spot..Hey I can dream can't I
    8:17pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WOAAAA

    Frye selected
    Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knicks should have took Green he could be a superstar in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between NY and Toronto, its hard to figure out which team had the worst draft choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, the team who gets Danny Granger is getting an absolute steal.
    8:39pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could Gerald Green fall to 17... and would Bird take him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green must feel like he has an anchor tied around his neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Granger? Why is he falling like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Warrick Granger Graham

    Any of those 3 guys will make me a happy pacers fan..But please let it be Warrick. ;o)
    8:54

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCants is gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow-- I kind of wanted McCants
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on Green!!!! Keep falling!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comment by Barry: "If I had a nickel for everytime he [McCants] guarded someone... I'd have a nickel
    8:58pm-

    Quote Originally Posted by jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gerald green or antione wright!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we get Gerald Green, are we going to have to reopen the Indy Pacers Boarding School again? Hell, Bender just graduated and the place could finally be shut down.
    9:05pm- Indiana is on the clock

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raptors take Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    holy sh####
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome. Simply awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take GREEN!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky McPhereson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take Granger or Warrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if we don't pick Green....
    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. This is almost like the playoffs all over again. Never been this excited about a draft before.

    IndyToad
    Falling down the stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, take Danny Granger!
    Quote Originally Posted by woolus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PICK GREEN IF YOU WANT ME AS YOUR SLAVE LARRY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHotShot31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they better draft Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by kybjones
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gonna stick with my original prediction from earlier this week.............. Jarrett Jack.
    9:11pm

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers take Granger!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Granger is tough
    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here we go!

    Granger!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys might have gotten the steal of the draft. Great pick for you, though I dunno how many minutes he'll get behind Artest.
    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DARNED what a PICK for us !!!!

    incredible

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,488

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Nice, funny how Graham and Jarret Jack were mentioned. Also, the comment, "If I had a nickel for everytime he [McCants] guarded someone... I'd have a nickel" is awesome.

    I can't even imagine where this franchise would be right now, if this moment didn't happen, probably Vancouver, I guess.

  4. #3
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Funny stuff. In this case Granger did turn out to be the steal of the draft.
    50% physical and 50% mental. Granger has both sides covered.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  5. #4
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice, funny how Graham and Jarret Jack were mentioned. Also, the comment, "If I had a nickel for everytime he [McCants] guarded someone... I'd have a nickel" is awesome.
    Yeah, that's Joey, not Stephen.

  6. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,488

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's Joey, not Stephen.
    Right, they look so much alike I was confused.

  7. #6
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, they look so much alike I was confused.
    They could be twins!

  8. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Granger was the guy I wanted as he was dropping. I about crapped my pants when he got to us.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #8
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,488

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    It really shows what an imperfect thing the draft is.

    Every year, more and more, I think you have to look at a guys determination as much as his potential.

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Determination is what turns that potential into reality. Danny had it, thus far Green has not.

  11. #10
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,442

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    That was quite an off season. When you add that to the fact that we got Saras and had a returning Artest, many fans were ready to order their Pacers championship t-shirts.

    Then of course all the ***** hit the fan (as several accurately predicted). However, Danny has exceeded all hype and is the brightest spot of our franchise since the finals run in 2000.

    It's nice rooting for a group of players that I actually like. I didn't really like a single team of ours after 2000.

  12. #11

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    I remember sitting in front of the TV, thinking (maybe even out loud!)

    "Granger or Green, please"
    "Granger or Green, please"
    "Granger or Green, please"
    "Granger or Green, please"

    and when we were one pick away and both were still there I was so happy we would steal one of those 2 guys. Green turned out to not be a steal at all-- go figure. In this case the college guy worked harder to develop his upside than the youngster, sort of opposite to the the Okafor-Howard debate.

    You never can tell how those truckloads of cash will affect players and how their game actually will translate to the NBA.

  13. #12
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Bill Simmons draft diary from this draft is pretty good.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #13
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    What a weird draft that was, in retrospect. I do recall having a man-crush on Gerald Green but obviously the right decision was made.

    And Bogut's career numbers so far, lol: 11.9 PPG, 8.7 RPG.

  15. #14
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    That draft was fun. Granger was a guy people were looking forward to seeing play big somewhere, with a lot of buzz around him.

    I'm glad he's ours.

  16. #15
    Member Pacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Whiteland, IN
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Thank you for making a new topic and not bumping the old one.

  17. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill Simmons draft diary from this draft is pretty good.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  18. #17
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That draft was fun. Granger was a guy people were looking forward to seeing play big somewhere, with a lot of buzz around him.

    I'm glad he's ours.
    Thank god for that bad knee he had coming into the draft that made teams think twice.

  19. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Funny, looking back, to see all the hope about Green. In fairness, though, I think a lot of it was because nobody really thought Granger would fall all the way to us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. #19
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    1 Milwaukee Bucks - Andrew Bogut, Utah
    2 Atlanta Hawks - Marvin Williams, North Carolina
    3 Utah Jazz - Deron Williams, Illinois
    4 New Orleans Hornets - Chris Paul, Wake Forest
    5 Charlotte Bobcats - Raymond Felton, North Carolina
    6 Portland Trail Blazers - Martell Webster, Seattle Prep HS
    7 Toronto Raptors - Charlie Villanueva, Connecticut
    8 New York Knicks - Channing Frye, Arizona
    9 Golden State Warriors - Ike Diogu, Arizona State
    10 Los Angeles Lakers - Andrew Bynum, St. Joseph (NJ) HS
    11 Orlando Magic - Fran Vazquez, Spain
    12 LA Clippers - Yaroslav Korolev, CSKA Moscow
    13 Charlotte Bobcats - Sean May, North Carolina
    14 Minnesota Timberwolves - Rashad McCants, North Carolina
    15 New Jersey Nets - Antoine Wright, Texas A&M
    16 Toronto Raptors - Joey Graham, Oklahoma State

    Too think teams thought that these players were better than Danny.

    Except Chris Paul. Deron Williams and Andrew Bynum I can understand.

  21. #20
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 Milwaukee Bucks - Andrew Bogut, Utah
    2 Atlanta Hawks - Marvin Williams, North Carolina
    3 Utah Jazz - Deron Williams, Illinois
    4 New Orleans Hornets - Chris Paul, Wake Forest
    5 Charlotte Bobcats - Raymond Felton, North Carolina
    6 Portland Trail Blazers - Martell Webster, Seattle Prep HS
    7 Toronto Raptors - Charlie Villanueva, Connecticut
    8 New York Knicks - Channing Frye, Arizona
    9 Golden State Warriors - Ike Diogu, Arizona State
    10 Los Angeles Lakers - Andrew Bynum, St. Joseph (NJ) HS
    11 Orlando Magic - Fran Vazquez, Spain
    12 LA Clippers - Yaroslav Korolev, CSKA Moscow
    13 Charlotte Bobcats - Sean May, North Carolina
    14 Minnesota Timberwolves - Rashad McCants, North Carolina
    15 New Jersey Nets - Antoine Wright, Texas A&M
    16 Toronto Raptors - Joey Graham, Oklahoma State

    Too think teams thought that these players were better than Danny.

    Except Chris Paul. Deron Williams and Andrew Bynum I can understand.
    You forgot to highlight Frye, Diogu, Wright and Graham.

    But it's not necessarily because those teams thought that those players were better, some may have been at a position needed more than what Danny offered at the time.

  22. #21
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot to highlight Frye, Diogu, Wright and Graham.

    But it's not necessarily because those teams thought that those players were better, some may have been at a position needed more than what Danny offered at the time.
    We were just fortunate for Danny still being available at 17. We tend to always surprise a lot of people when we pick at 17 from Jermaine to Danny now to Roy.

    Maybe Roy will be a big surprise next year.

  23. #22
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were just fortunate for Danny still being available at 17. We tend to always surprise a lot of people when we pick at 17 from Jermaine to Danny now to Roy.

    Maybe Roy will be a big surprise next year.
    Portland drafted Jermaine.

  24. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot to highlight Frye, Diogu, Wright and Graham.

    But it's not necessarily because those teams thought that those players were better, some may have been at a position needed more than what Danny offered at the time.
    And some - at least one - had a complete friggin' idiot as a GM. Oh well - I was able to start a Fire Isiah NOW!!! thread on the Knick forum I used to hang out on. And I did that while GS was on the clock IIRC.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  25. #24
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    this is cool to see. i wasn't even a lurker for this, but at the risk of being judged i'll admit i wanted warrick because of the dunk on notre dame that made me spit up whatever i was drinking. i wasn't that hip to danny granger, so after watching all the analysis and video during the draft i got excited and then did my own research and became elated.

    i also wanted kareem rush over fred jones, i don't know what that means

  26. #25
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2005 NBA Draft thread abridged-countdown to Granger...or is it Gerald Green?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland drafted Jermaine.
    Once he came to us he was a surprise for a player drafted at 17.

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's take on value of a draft pick...
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. One on One with Danny Granger (BDL Interview)
    By Kuq_e_Zi91 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
  3. Draft Prospects Post Players Analysis
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 06:01 AM
  4. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  5. Where does Granger rank in the recap of the 2005 draft?
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •