Thread: David Lee S&T

Default David Lee S&T

Foster
    Daniels (pick up option and include)

for

Lee

I have read comments about people thinking and wanting other PF options that may be available. There are two problems though... 1) We don't have the ammo to aquire Amare or Brand. 2) Camby is getting old Lee is much younger. 3) We may be able to get Lee for less than expected because Knicks want to clear cap.

IND- can move Murph to C and start Lee at PF. Not very strong defensively, but not as bad as you think considering we also have Granger/Rush to help. We will rebound and run the court better IMO after this deal. Giving up #13 isn't so bad since we won't get the desired young PF.

NYK- get a role player in Foster, get an expiring to clear a little bit of 2010 salary, and can combine #13 and #8 if looking to move up. Also, leaves the door open for signing Gortat with the MLE (which the Knicks are much more likely landing spot than the Pacers).

I think this deal makes a lot of sense. I'de be willing to throw in a protected future 1st as well if IND had to.

Default Re: David Lee S&T

You are out of your mind if you would trade two first round for David Lee.

Quis- Basically no Pacer fan wants for the price tag

#13- very weak draft where we can't get a real PF for the future, we are going to end up with a PG or SG/SF both are luxury picks

Future 1st- would be lottery protected not exactly a huge deal if we end up doing well

Foster- aging big who is a fan favorite but not nearly close to Lee as a complete player.

So after looking at that, how am I so "out of my mind?"

It's called equal value for one of the NBA's best young PF's, and also someone who we could probably get because he's not a multi-time all-star.

I think that's a very even trade.

This draft is not very weak. It is on par with 2007. A very decent player will slip to Pacers @ 13. He might never be an MVP or All Star but Neither will David Lee. The best thing about our 13th pick is he will not be making David Lee money. How much are you talking about signing David Lee for? Anything over 6 million is way too much. Carl Landry and Craig Smith are David Lee's level.

David Lee has never been to playoffs. Is not an All Star. Why trade two first round picks for him when several players are on his same skill level anc cheaper. They just do not play for terrible teams like the Knicks that inflate their stats.

I do not like this trade @ all.

I disagree. This draft has little depth. There are no real quality picks after #10 where anyone is a future all-star. Sure one might pop up, but this draft doesn't have a lot of rotation guy or stars. Even the top 10 has a lot of question marks. This draft is also very heavy of young guys early leading me to believe even more that there will be many busts.

The future pick would hopefully be 2011. The reason why is we might actually have some salary cap space that year, and could bring in a FA name offsetting the loss of a pick that would be a 20's pick. One thing to remember is that I would preferebly have Foster/Quis/#13 as the deal. I would only offer 2011 1st if it was for someone reason a dealbreaker but would also ask for some type of compensation in return.

I agree, Lee did play on a bad team, but I really like what he brings. I think he's a real good fit for this system. He can run, he's an athlete, he's hot a jump shot, him & murph will get a lot of boards, murph can slide to that Okur like C position, and the key point is we finally get the PF of the future we need. Lee is going to produce at least 4 out of the 5 or 6 year deal he gets (if he's healthy which he's been pretty consistent at). Lee is much better than Landry and Smith. That's pretty harsh man. Lee has average a double double twice in his career, with one year pretty much being off the bench. Bad team, inflated stats, D'antoni's system, I don't care the excuse because I think Lee is capable of bringing the same type #'s year in year out on the Pacers.

2011 Is when Dunleavy, Murphy, and Tinsley are coming off the books that is close to 30 Million Dollars in salary.

I would rather have both Carl Landry and Craig Smith @ 2-4 Million a year than David Lee @ 10 Million.

I see no point in taking on more salary and losing a first round pick for David Lee.

I like trades that shed salary, and give this organization future picks. This does not do that.

If you sign Quis that is 7.5 Million
    Foster is making around 6.5 for two seasons.
    The 13th pick makes a little over 1.5 million.

How Much are you paying Lee TOO MUCH

[QUOTE=PacerScout;892034]I disagree. This draft has little depth. There are no real quality picks after #10 where anyone is a future all-star. Sure one might pop up, but this draft doesn't have a lot of rotation guy or stars. Even the top 10 has a lot of question marks. This draft is also very heavy of young guys early leading me to believe even more that there will be many busts.

Not too many picks after ten ever become allstars in any year. This draft Does have a lot of rotational players Terrance Williams, Chase Budinger, Gerald Henderson, James Johnson, Earl Clark, Tyler Hansborough, Dujuan Blair, and a lot of decent PG's. Players leaving to early has been the fad in recent years.

If we pickup Quis' option we got over the LT which we are not going to do. Secondly, Lee's defense is horrible, he will just be adding to our defensive problems. Thirdly, Lee is seeking about $10 million/season...
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Best I would do here is:
    Ford (PG w/ '10 PO), Diener, '10 2nd
    for Lee (signed in 8mil/ yr range) & Jefferies

NY could clear more cap if TJ opts out (likely will) & adds system players.
    IN stays in '11 plan but adds our PF for the post-Murph yrs & we draft a PG.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Are the Knicks really still looking to shed salary for next offseason? Don't they have enough room to sign two max deals and some?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2011 Is when Dunleavy, Murphy, and Tinsley are coming off the books that is close to 30 Million Dollars in salary.

I would rather have both Carl Landry and Craig Smith @ 2-4 Million a year than David Lee @ 10 Million.

I see no point in taking on more salary and losing a first round pick for David Lee.

I like trades that shed salary, and give this organization future picks. This does not do that.

If you sign Quis that is 7.5 Million
    Foster is making around 6.5 for two seasons.
    The 13th pick makes a little over 1.5 million.

How Much are you paying Lee TOO MUCH
    you can add Ford to that list too
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    Are the Knicks really still looking to shed salary for next offseason? Don't they have enough room to sign two max deals and some?
    they're definitely shopping Curry and Jeffries, but I honestly dont see anyone talking them for an expirer unless Knicks add that pick

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    they're definitely shopping Curry and Jeffries,
    Do they have any college eligibility remaining ?? Maybe Isiah could use them.