Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: diamond dave 00 is claiming *update* Terry and Jackson to Indy

Mood

Default diamond dave 00 is claiming *update* Terry and Jackson to Indy

*update* See page 4 for the latest*

I'd normally ignore this, but a) It's a guy who's posted here and on IS for a while and b) aren't we all ready for SOMETHING to talk about?

This came from this IS thread:

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showt...threadid=71107

First he said:

The Pacer are making two trades both involve sign and trades. As such they can not occur until after July 15th.
    I respond:

And you know this, how?
    Then I see this:

Lets just say trust me on this one.

We are currently working on 2 seperate deals, one involves acquiring 2 players (1 of of who is a sign and trade) . The other depends on offers he gets if he goes beyond a certain point the mle we will be forced into a sign and trade.

Bird has his eye on 3 players.

If one of these trades occurs a player traded will be someone who people will be unhappy to see moved.

Neither move will occur before the 15th and more likely the 19th.
    Obviously there is no way to know if he's making it up or not, but since he's never done so before that I've seen, plus I'm bored, I'm paying attention to it.

Could be interesting.

OK, assuming for the moment this IS true, who do you think is involved? I have no real idea about who we're getting, but as for who's shipping out, my guesses are Al, and then the "unhappy to see go" will either be Ron, Jamaal, or Jeff.

I'm anxious to find out if there's any truth to this.

[edit=12=1089077037][/edit]
    [edit=12=1089254431][/edit]
    [edit=12=1089312295][/edit]

Default Re: Diamond Dave is claiming we have two trades coming in two weeks.

Diamond Dave posts here too.

Mood

Default Re: Diamond Dave is claiming we have two seperate Pacer trades coming in two weeks.

Yeah, I know, I think I said that first actually

Mood

Default Re: Diamond Dave is claiming we have two seperate Pacer trades coming in two weeks.

I'm starting to suspect (IF this is true), who we're getting... but I almost don't want to say. I don't wanna freaking jinx it.

oops. heh.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay, I'll play along.

1) For the "sign-and-trade," it pretty much has to be a FA. Does anyone have a list of FAs right now? Since we need a SG, I'm going to guess Quentin Richardson.

2) The "player who people will be unhappy to see moved" will most likely be Ron. Possibly Jamaal or Freddie. I really don't know of anyone else that fits this criteria other than JO, and he's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to suspect (IF this is true), who we're getting... but I almost don't want to say. I don't wanna freaking jinx it.
    You're thinking PP, aren't you?

Mood

*cough* and Blount

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Q Rich and Blount with only giving up Al, Pollard or Cro

Please keep Ron Ron
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

So...what would we have to give up for Pierce and Blount?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    You're thinking PP, aren't you?
    If it's PP, that probably means we lose Artest.

75Ranger

Im sure the players hes referring to that we would be upset to lose would be Artest, Freddie Jones, Tinsley, Foster.

I have a feeling the players we are targeting in the FA front is Q. Richardson, Dampier, and Jamal Crawford. I like all 3 players even though they all have flaws in there game and even though Im willing to give up Artest I don't think I would trade him for any of these players. The only exception would be Artest and filler to Golden State for Dampier and Dunlevy that I would have to think about because I really love Dunlevys game. I wouldn't give Artest up for any package on the Bulls roster or the clippers roster even though I like Crawford and Richardson.

Yeah, the only guy I would consider sending Ron off for is Pierce.

mr oven cover

peirce? come on? am i the only one that hates peirce here? i may be new to boards, but i know the pacers and the nba just like you guys do...and paul peirce? getting paul peirce would make me undoubtfully almost become less of a pacers fan . maybe it's just a thing i have for hating the celtics.

(but of course i like larry legend)

"we liked the celtics when you were playing"
    "fans like you, hate the team when they're bad, but love 'em when they're good. you can have these fans."
    /celtic pride

something like that.

but all i'm sayin' is, i don't want paul peirce!!
    [edit=442=1089078436]spelled peirce wrong -_-[/edit]

god thing we will not get paul peirce, I'm sure however most of us would be very happy with getting paul pierce.

as for Dampier, NO NONONONO he's not worht it.

two players that are usefull and worth Ron, outside of Shaq and Kobe, are Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

Blount Pierce sounds logic, though Allen is also an option in this scenario, look for other then Q-Rich in that case to be the near MLE victim
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I didn't want to bring this up, but I'm bored and I figure this is a good a time as any.

edit: I'll call him "my source," don't want to get him in trouble. He told me that Larry [who is actually the guy in charge of trades, but he has the option of deferring to Donnie if he chooses] has a deal with Boston lined up, that would send us Blount and Pierce for Harrington and Artest, with cash to fill in the blanks.

I dunno what this second deal is, but I assume it's for Troy Hudson, since my source told me Larry's got the hots for him too.
    [edit=154=1089079482]remove source's identity[/edit]
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

75Ranger

Ray Allen in my oppinion is the perfect player for this pacer team. Hes known for his jumper but the man really has no weaknesses on the offensive end.

The only concern with I have seen with Allen is can besides being banged up alot and the big contract he has is that hes really never put a team on his back ala Reggie Miller has, Kobe, ect.

Can he knock down big jumpers and take over games that hang in the balance. Now everywhere hes been his whole career hes been the franchise player now coming to Indiana I think he'll do even better because of the fact teams will have to contend with one of the premier big men in the league.

If we do manage to get Allen I wouldn't trade Harrington though. Give him the starting smallforward spot. We know he'll he'll give us energy, excellent team defender and get you 12-15pts a game. I would be concerned if we go into next season getting rid of our two toughest defenders.

Zesty

I wish I knew some people in the know.

I see the first part as a reasonable and positive option for us, however Troy??? surely there's better to be gotten, to expensive for a backup if he exceeds the MLE anc certanily not better then Tins.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I'm talking to my source as I type this, and he's telling me that we're looking to trade Jermaine to free up cap space to sign Kobe Bryant. And Houston has offered Yao for Croshere.

See, it's just too easy to pretend you know things. It's fun to speculate, but I won't believe anything until I see it happen.

I was going to see how many people I could fool into believing my story, just to prove how easy it is to get overzealous with rumours and "inside knowledge."

But I figured that would be cruel and inhumane. Which now makes me wonder why I didn't do it.

Mood

Aww you Snickers. I DID believe you.

75Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Snickers
    I didn't want to bring this up, but I'm bored and I figure this is a good a time as any.

edit: I'll call him "my source," don't want to get him in trouble. He told me that Larry [who is actually the guy in charge of trades, but he has the option of deferring to Donnie if he chooses] has a deal with Boston lined up, that would send us Blount and Pierce for Harrington and Artest, with cash to fill in the blanks.

I dunno what this second deal is, but I assume it's for Troy Hudson, since my source told me Larry's got the hots for him too.
    I remember Bird being very high on Paul Pierce in the past but its going to be pretty hard to find a starting unit that consists of Tinlsey, Miller, Pierce as bad defensively as these three are. Pierce I think could be a good defender but has yet to show hes committed to excel in that area and we all know about our starting backcourt defensively last year.
    I guess maybe they will consider starting Fred next year.

Aww you Snickers. I DID believe you.

*mental note: Hicks is very gullible*

Mood

Well, even though Snickers was ************ us, Pierce could still be the target. I know from MY source that he's someone we've looked into, and I'm NOT joking.