Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

  1. #1
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Per RealGM and the owner of the Celtics:

    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._in_10_and_11/


    Kevin Garnett expressed optimism in a recent conversation with Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck, who relayed his message this week.

    "I talked to [Garnett] and he guaranteed the championship in 2010 and in 2011," Grousbeck said. "He was as fired up as he's ever been."
    I've never been a big fan of KG. Honestly, I'd rather have Kobe win the next two.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-06-2009 at 02:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,556
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Who does KG think he is, Rasheed?

    Unbelievable motivation for the entire league against both the C's and Garnett, personally.

    Good luck with that, KG

  3. #3

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Seriously who gives a crap about predictions. I predict that the Clippers will win it all in 2015. Man it must be right! Personally i think the Celtics will fade in the next two years.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    "Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011 with him on the bench."

  6. #5
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously who gives a crap about predictions. I predict that the Clippers will win it all in 2015. Man it must be right! Personally i think the Celtics will fade in the next two years.
    Well there is a difference between someone on this board predicting that the Celtics will win the title for both of the next two years and Kevin Garnett actually going out and not predicting, but guaranteeing, that the Celtics will win the title in 2010 and 2011.

  7. #6
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Yeah, and Mo Williams "guaranteed" the Magic couldn't beat the Cavs 4 times in a series. Words are just words.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

  8. #7
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, and Mo Williams "guaranteed" the Magic couldn't beat the Cavs 4 times in a series. Words are just words.
    Mo Williams couldn't spit shine Kevin's shoes, so that makes no sense.

  9. #8
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Kevin Garnett: A great eye, wreathed in flame, unblinking, ever watching, it knows ALL.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  10. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Come on. He said this in a private conversation w/ his GM. Who cares.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    It must be the offseason...

  13. #11
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on. He said this in a private conversation w/ his GM. Who cares.
    Apparently, his GM did enough to relay it to the press.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mo Williams couldn't spit shine Kevin's shoes, so that makes no sense.
    Did I say Mo was as good as Garnett? I don't think I did. A guarantee is just words no matter who is saying it.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

  16. #13
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Was this immediately after Grousbeck had informed KG that he and Rondo were going to be traded to Phoenix for Nash and Stoudemire?

    That would explain him guaranteeing the Celtics would win the championship and that would explain him being so fired up.

  17. #14
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Guarantees are just stupid after the people fail to achieve them...

  18. #15
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on. He said this in a private conversation w/ his GM. Who cares.
    I agree, it's not like he boasted this during an interview with ESPN or something. The GM was the one who made it public.

    I have no problem with someone who is one year removed from leading a team to a title guaranteeing more titles to a GM. I'm sure Shaq, Jordan, Magic, etc all did something similar in their day. When you have actually won a championship you gain more credibility. I think the Celtics would be playing the Lakers right now (and giving them a better series than Orlando will) if KG would've played this year.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-07-2009 at 09:56 PM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Silly Kevin, doesn't he know there's gonna be a lockout in 2011?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #17
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did I say Mo was as good as Garnett? I don't think I did. A guarantee is just words no matter who is saying it.
    Anything you say is "just words." That's fact. But, if one of the greatest generals alive with one of the greatest armies in the world (in this case players and league) guarantees a victory, it holds more meaning then some field officer screaming victory tomorrow.

    Do I take much from guarantees? No. And I hope other people don't either. But I still think Kevin Garnett's should be held higher then someone of Mo William's skill.

  22. #18

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anything you say is "just words." That's fact. But, if one of the greatest generals alive with one of the greatest armies in the world (in this case players and league) guarantees a victory, it holds more meaning then some field officer screaming victory tomorrow.

    Do I take much from guarantees? No. And I hope other people don't either. But I still think Kevin Garnett's should be held higher then someone of Mo William's skill.
    Nice post.

  23. #19
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    This must be a sign. My refried bean dip depicted Kevin Garnett.

    Sheesh, looks like the Celts will take it in 2010 and 2011...

    Whats even worse is what came out of me...Paul Pierce.

  24. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    I could do without ****** humor on PD.

  25. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    These "guarantees" are lame and overplayed. Nobody even really cares if the person is right or wrong anymore, because all that really matters is what happens on the court. Everything else is just noise.

  26. #22
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could do without ****** humor on PD.
    Can't be worse than drag queens and pig wrestling.

  27. #23
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Garnett guarentees that the Celtics will win it all in 2010 AND 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on. He said this in a private conversation w/ his GM. Who cares.
    And he better be telling them that. Why else play the games if you don't privately believe in yourself and your team? Granger better be telling Bird and Morway the exact same thing.

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •