Thread: Franchise55's Mock Draft

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Franchise55's Mock Draft

I'm still pretty new here, so if there is another spot for this, then just move it.

1. Clippers - Blake Griffin - The clear #1 pick. I don't see the Clippers trading the pick, but even if they did - Griffin is the #1 choice.

2. Grizzles - Ricky Rubio - Rubio will in all likelyhood go #2, even if the Grizzles decide to trade the pick, Rubio is the choice here.

3. Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet - I'm not a big Thabeet fan, but he makes sense for the Thunder.

4. Kings - Jrue Holiday - This is where it gets intersting for me. Its clear the Kings need a PG, and with Martin not being a good defender, Holiday would be a good compliment to him.

5. Wizards - Jordan Hill - I believe the Wizards will trade the pick, in which case James Harden could go #5, but as of now, Hill should be the guy.

6. Timberwolves - James Harden - I could see them going with Evans here, but I think they want the BPA. Hopefully Foye can go back to PG for them to make room for Harden, who should help out Jefferson and Love.

7. Warriors - Tyreke Evans - The Warriors need a big PG to go next to Ellis, he kills two birds with one stone as he also is appealing to Nelson because he can play wing too.

8. Knicks - Stephen Curry - Hes a D'Antoni type PG, and he is also friends with LeBron, two good reasons for the Knicks to take him.

9. Raptors - DeMar DeRozan - Bosh finally gets some athleticism on the wing. DeRozan should be the easy choice at this point.

10. Bucks - Jonny Flynn - Frankly, I think Jennings is the better choice, but the Bucks suck at drafting players and Flynn has been moving up draft boards.

11. Nets - DeJuan Blair - They got their Center with Lopez, I imagine they will want to put a bruiser next to him. I'm not a big Blair fan, and with the red flags on his knees, Hansbrough might slip into this spot.

12. Bobcats - Gerald Henderson - The Bobcats need a wing and love defense. Henderson could also reel in some local fans, should be an easy choice for them.

13. Pacers - Brandon Jennings - Honestly, I'm at the point where I don't see the Pacers keeping the pick. I can see them pulling a similar Bayless like trade, this year as well.

14. Suns - Earl Clark - I originally had Teague here as he fits the bill of their type of player. At the same time, I looked at their roster and can see the Suns hoping Clark becomes their new Marion. Its a long shot, but something they might look for.

15. Pistons - Terrence Williams - A reach at this point, but his defense might excite the Pistons. With Rip and Prince, they might go in a different direction, but they don't need a PG and everyone else will take more time than Williams.

16. Bulls - Tyler Hansbrough - His combine should move him up a lot. The Bulls are confident in Thomas for the future - but I can see them wanting a guy like Hansbrough off the bench.

17. 76ers - Jeff Teague - With Andre Miller a flight risk, a guy like Teague could come in handy. His 3 point shooting should help Philly.

18. Timberwolves - B.J. Mullens - Mullens is going to take some type to develope, but with Jefferson and Love, they can wait a few years. Mullens should be a good compliment to whoever the Wolves decide to keep down the road - if not both.

19. Hawks - Eric Maynor - Bibby might bolt and Law was a mistake, Maynor brings some defense and could eventually take over for Bibby(if they resign him).

20. Utah - James Johnson - They Jazz get a PF to replace with Boozer or Millsap - possibly both.

21. Hornets - Austin Daye - Daye slips a bit, but could be a steal at this point. Paul would be the perfect PG to put next to a guy like Daye.

22. Mavericks - Wayne Ellington - A shooter that will spread the floor for Dirk and co. I can see a PG here as well, but I'm not sure the Mavs would be sold on the ones who are left.

23. Kings - Chase Budinger - A good athlete who could train behind Nocioni.

24. Blazers - Ty Lawson - The Blazers are always a threat to trade the pick, but as of now - they go PG and Lawson is the best one left.

25. Thunder - Gani Lawal - Lawal is a potential steal at this point. If he can come through on his potential, the Thunder could have a very good solid 5 moving forward.

26. Bulls - DaJuan Summers - Bulls go BPA and Summers is it.

27. Grizzles - Darren Collison - Its likely the Grizzles will trade either Rubio or Conely, if that happens, they will want a backup PG, and Collison could be the Chalmers of this draft.

28. Timberwolves - Danny Green - Green is a do it all kinda player, has more potential than people realize.

29. Lakers - Patrick Mills - Lakers need a PG, and Mills can thrive in the right situation.

30. Cavaliers - Sam Young - The Cavs select Young hoping he can thrive in the SG position(for the future) next to LeBron.

Lemme know what ya'll think, all feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 06-05-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Default Re: Franchise55's Mock Draft

Lawson at 24?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lawson at 24?
    I'm a very big Lawson fan, it just makes more sense for the 76ers to get a shooter and the Hawks to get a defensive PG. Past that, most the teams are set with their PG rotation.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We'll be lucky if we can get Jennings but I'm not getting my hopes up about drafting him.

Very good mock - especially the lottery. Thanks for posting.

Only things I see differently are Memphis possibly taking Thabeet and OKC getting Rubio. I'm not sure Detroit takes Terrence either, he somewhat duplicates Afflalo.

I really like Hansborough to the Bulls - makes a ton of sense.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

So PsychoT at #13 now won't be that much of a reach?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like about 90% of the picks, but I think James Johnson goes before Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    So PsychoT at #13 now won't be that much of a reach?
    I don't think he's a huge reach at #13 - I just think there is a good chance he is sitting around in the late teens. You could maybe move #13 to Minnesota for #18 & #27. Get him at #18 and still have a late first (assuming the Bulls or another teams doesn't grab him before hand). That or we could could buy/trade for a late first and take him there.

I really don't mind Hansborough - I just don't think he has star potential. I see his ceiling as an average PF - maybe good for 14 and 9 at most - similar to Murp. If a potential star like Jennings, Evans, Holiday, or Derozan doesn't drop, I have no problem taking Hansborough as I think he's a safe pick. Since measurements have been posted, I actually would take him over Blair.

Call me a risk taker or whatever - I just strongly feel you need stars to win in this league. We have plenty of good roll players in Murph, Foster, Hibbert, JJ, Ford, and Dunleavy. We have one all star in Granger and most likely another one on the way in Rush - we need one more. We already have the roll players - I'm willing to roll the dice at #13 to try and land that star.

Look back over the years at teams that won a title - you either have to have two hall of fame type talents (Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, etc) or three all-star talents (Duncan/Parker/Manu, Allen/Pierce/KG, Billups/Rip/Sheed). I strongly feel we have two all-stars on our roster - we need one more.

I do not see the Nets picking up Blair. I think they will go with the best SF available. Do not be suprised if they go with T Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    Call me a risk taker or whatever - I just strongly feel you need stars to win in this league. We have plenty of good roll players in Murph, Foster, Hibbert, JJ, Ford, and Dunleavy. We have one all star in Granger and most likely another one on the way in Rush - we need one more. We already have the roll players - I'm willing to roll the dice at #13 to try and land that star.

Look back over the years at teams that won a title - you either have to have two hall of fame type talents (Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, etc) or three all-star talents (Duncan/Parker/Manu, Allen/Pierce/KG, Billups/Rip/Sheed). I strongly feel we have two all-stars on our roster - we need one more.
    I don't disagree at all with your thoughts on all-stars. I just don't think anyone outside
    of Griffin,Thabeet and Rubio has a good chance of being that all-star.
    It is always very difficult to tell on players because it is so hard to evaluate the heart
    and desire of any of these picks. You start with talent and then weed out those with
    questionable desire I guess.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-