Thread: Bender and Jones Projected Stats

Default Bender and Jones Projected Stats

If Bender or Freddie played starter minute next year, and improved by the exact amount that they had the previous year, here's what there stat lines would be:

Freddie- 12.5 PPG 6.7 APG 1.55 SPG 3.37 RPG .6 BPG .420 FG% .320 3P%

Bender - 24.5 PPG 1.15 APG 1.05 SPG 5.55 RPG 1.5 BPG .503 FG% .460 3P%

I know that these will probably never happen, but it kinda makes you think, doesn't it? Does anyone here think either of these players could perform at that level?

I think Fredie possibly could.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Bender and Jones Projected Stats

I think Bender could...He's able to put up a point per minute so if he plays about 25 minutes, there's your 25 points. He's tall enough to get the rebounds and has the length to block a lot of shot. His % may seem too high, but his stroke is so great, he could do it.

I don't think Fred could achieve that many assists or those rebounds.

recap

Those stats are mainly agianst other teams second units, so I would say they are definitely on the high side. I do think that if he's healthy and playing 25-30 minutes per game Bender could put up better numbers than Harrington has been putting up as the sixth man. Of course, who knows if he can actually stay healthy.

Why do we even play the games? Let's just project all the stats, and project the Pacers as the winners of the next 10 championships?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think you can forget about starters minutes (I presume 30+) for either player.

But I don think Freddie is capable of delivering 10 points in 20 minutes per game. I think his FG% and 3FG% might be higer than projected, but I think his APG will be much lower.

But Bender. Using the old expressions, I think frogs will fly and monkeys will come out of my butt before Bender averages anywhere near 20 points per game, even with starter's minutes. To do so would imply that he is the #1 option on offense. That just ain't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Bender. Using the old expressions, I think frogs will fly and monkeys will come out of my butt before Bender averages anywhere near 20 points per game, even with starter's minutes. To do so would imply that he is the #1 option on offense. That just ain't going to happen.
    Why do you think he has to be the #1 option in order to get 20 ppg? Sam Cassell avg 19.8 ppg this year, and he certainly wasn't the #1 option on his team. BTW, Ron avg 18.3 ppg this year, and he was the #2 option. I think JB could realistically put up 20 ppg.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sam Cassell doesn't play for the Pacers, either.

Our offense is geared toward Jermaine O'Neal. JO will get more shots than the #2 and #3 options.

If either of Ron or Al is here next season, I'd bet my house that the one who is here will get more shots than Bender. And if both are gone, then the major player that they were used to acquire will get more shots than Bender.

Even if Bender had a major breakout year, he would be no better than the number 3 option in the offense.

How many #3 options / #3 scorers in this league average anywhere near 20 points per game?

Bender couldn't average 20 points per game for the Pacers, even in his best wet dream.

[edit=98=1089090444][/edit]

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see Fred turning into a pretty good jump shooter with time.He did show us that in the ECFs in game 5 or 4 late in the 4th when no one was hitting anything.He was finding his shoot and making them.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Am I the only one that noticed that Bender would have ONE assist to go with his 25 ppg? If he was completely healthy, he might assist on 90 field goals ALL YEAR LONG.

Who was that Yinka Dare guy?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Why do we even play the games? Let's just project all the stats, and project the Pacers as the winners of the next 10 championships?

-Bball
    ::

Did it project how many games Bender would sit due to injury?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I can...I'd say about 60-65

Oh, and then not to mention the last 20 or so games of the season everyone is going to be raving about how great he is going to be.
    [edit=80=1089124036][/edit]
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

This thread demonstrates why stats mean very little

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    Sam Cassell doesn't play for the Pacers, either.
    I don't understand this comment.

Our offense is geared toward Jermaine O'Neal. JO will get more shots than the #2 and #3 options.
    Hence, he is called the #1 option.

Even if Bender had a major breakout year, he would be no better than the number 3 option in the offense.
    I agree, but I do think Bender has the (P-word) to avg 20+ ppg.

How many #3 options / #3 scorers in this league average anywhere near 20 points per game?
    Three, but it matters what your definition of "close" is.

Bender couldn't average 20 points per game for the Pacers, even in his best wet dream.
    Here's where I disagree with you. You say he "could not," whereas I believe he could if the opportunity were available.

I believe Bender could average 20 points per game for the Pacers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I believe Bender could average 20 points per game for the Pacers.
    The only 20 Bender is going to average is "20 games per season".

[quote=Roy]
    yep, that's probably the biggest obstacle when it comes to j.b. he missed 2/3 of this past season and about half of the year before. i am becoming more of the pessimist when it comes to j.b.
    and when i saw the projected stats thing i saw the 1 assist thing and thought wow, he really knows how to distribute the ball well.

Jermaine only averaged 1.2 assists during the playoffs, and 2 during the season.

The hell happened with kingfrog's post? Am I the only one that sees it looking really weird?

Me and Mr. Frog each have 44 posts.

Edit - Yeah his post is really weird lookin'. He misplaced his self-quote.
    [edit=424=1089166754][/edit]

yeh, my computer froze up on me. can't really explain it.