Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunleavy had hip surgery??????

Default Dunleavy had hip surgery??????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

WTH??? Did we even know that there was a problem?

Default Re: Dunleavy had hip surgery??????

Sounds like it was just one of those things that was an injury he'd had for awhile, but was never serious enough to go onto the shelf for. But since he's already on the shelf, might as well get everything taken care of at once.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacers For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

WTH??? Did we even know that there was a problem?
    I dont think so.

I hope this doesn't morph into JO injury-status.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    Sounds like it was just one of those things that was an injury he'd had for awhile, but was never serious enough to go onto the shelf for. But since he's already on the shelf, might as well get everything taken care of at once.
    Hopefully.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Boy should we have traded him last summer.

Yea cause he has been a complete bust for the Pacers? (sarcasm) I mean come on the guy had value but he also has been a driving force in getting the organization into what at one point was the laughing stock of the NBA with the criminals and trouble the players had been getting into. Dun has done nothing but bring dignity back to what once was a very troubled team. Sorry I just get tired of hearing the same "what have you done for me lately guys" It is always the same tired "should have traded him response"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got an e-mail about that. Odd.

When , not if , Dunleavy Jr. comes back , he WILL be a crucial piece to this team..

People are very quick to forget that in the 07/08 season Mike played the best basketball of his career thus far..
    And if you remember, offensively , he and Granger were pretty much neck-and-neck untill the beginning of this season when Dunleavy went to the injured list, and Danny raised his game to a whole new level as the season went on without Dun ..

Also Dunleavy's team defense at that time, was on par with Danny's .. not so much the one on one though of course, (duh) ..lol .. but Dun is definitely adequate and serviceable defensively to get the job done within the team defensive schemes..
    He is a VERY smart player that makes everyone better around him when he is on the court .

Once he comes back , he and Rush will be one HELL of a sg combo , no matter who starts or finishes ..

What I like about Dun's b-ball IQ , is the fact that he thinks and plays like a point , being able to make the nice passes and facilitate plays to other people when needed .. And he is very smart without the ball as well..

I can't wait till we have him back full-time ... When we do, by that time , we will be a very dangerous team in the East offensively ..A team that all the big dogs will dread playing ... a'la the Bostons , the Cavs etc .... If we can only get that "1 piece" to bring our defense together , then we will be able to possibly be a contender ..
    Last edited by Kemo; 06-04-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. It all comes down to this. I sure hope he'll be his old self again later on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    he also has been a driving force in getting the organization into what at one point was the laughing stock of the NBA
    I love what Dun gives us when healthy, but the guy had one good season on a 36-win team. Let's not overvalue him. He hasn't been the "driving force" of much of anything, really. Trading him last offseason would have been sweet—and, considering he plays the same position as our best player, the kind of obvious move, even back then. Too bad.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Wow I never knew his hip was an issue. But since hes out and resting regardless because of his knee, he might as well get this minor hip operation and have his hip recover with his knee. Though I am sure that his hip will recover before his knee, I dont think it'll be much of an issue.

Overall, it was better to have done this surgery now and have Dunleavy back with a healthy hip and knee. I would much rather have that than have Dunleavy finally return from his knee injury and then have his hip injury bother him also.

Get Well Soon Dun
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Lebron had offseason surgery also - maybe the cavs should trade him too

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yeah, maybe they should have traded him the summer after they got blown out in the Finals. His value hasn't gotten any higher since, and it is tough to justify those dollars in today's economy.

Oh, of course he adds a few wins here and there during the regular season, makes a nice play here and there that gets on TV sometimes, but the fact that without him Cleveland would not likely win 35 games shouldn't justify his bloated contract. His contract probably makes him untradeable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Yeah, maybe they should have traded him the summer after they got blown out in the Finals. His value hasn't gotten any higher since, and it is tough to justify those dollars in today's economy.

Oh, of course he adds a few wins here and there during the regular season, makes a nice play here and there that gets on TV sometimes, but the fact that without him Cleveland would not likely win 35 games shouldn't justify his bloated contract. His contract probably makes him untradeable, though.

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I am hoping this was sarcasm, because I cannot believe you would ever say lebron is untradeable. He brings what every owner would ever want. Marketability, TV exposure and wins. Believe me when I say owners would trade almost anyone to have lebron and that means both D Howard and Kobe.

some people need the sarcasm detectors operated on.

I am hoping this was sarcasm
    The row of smileys is often a good indicator of sarcasm.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am hoping this was sarcasm, because I cannot believe you would ever say lebron is untradeable. He brings what every owner would ever want. Marketability, TV exposure and wins. Believe me when I say owners would trade almost anyone to have lebron and that means both D Howard and Kobe.
    /sarcasm

That was a lot of effort to show sarcasm. I will go home and have the detectors checked out. thanks for the tip.

I will go home and have the detectors checked out.
    They're probably fine, they just get gunked up in a sarcasm-heavy environment. A 50-50 mix of vinegar and water will clean them right out.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    They're probably fine, they just get gunked up in a sarcasm-heavy environment. A 50-50 mix of vinegar and water will clean them right out.
    Any particular kind of vinegar better than another? I would think a balsamic or red wine might stain.

Talking Re: Dunleavy had hip surgery??????

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    UB that was funny

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yea cause he has been a complete bust for the Pacers? (sarcasm) I mean come on the guy had value but he also has been a driving force in getting the organization into what at one point was the laughing stock of the NBA with the criminals and trouble the players had been getting into. Dun has done nothing but bring dignity back to what once was a very troubled team. Sorry I just get tired of hearing the same "what have you done for me lately guys" It is always the same tired "should have traded him response"
    1 good year and that didn't even involve defense.

You don't get to have bad YEARS, then have 1 good one, and then go into an injury black hole all season carrying into the summer and get a safety card on the reverse "what have you done for me lately".

They needed to move him last year regardless, simply due to the team's makeup. Look at what they did without him this year. Now pretend they got just about anything marginally helpful for him last summer. That's gotta count for 3-4 wins I'd think.

I like Dun as a person, but as a player it's been mostly a wreck. He's fun on offense but way overrated around here even in that respect. Dude would have monster 2 quarters and then totally disappear, and this happened a lot.

I would love to love his game, but it's gotta earn it and so far it hasn't. He's nice, but he's not turning team's around up to this point. Even in his good year the team stunk, so I'm not really sure what you think he actually did for the franchise at this point.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

BTW, Brad's sarcasm is saying what I'm saying, don't even dare put Dun on the same plate as Lebron, and not just because of raw talent.

James has led WINNING TEAMS. How many Dun teams have made the playoffs? Danny Granger has seen more playoff seasons than Dunleavy has.

James has yet to miss an entire year (virtually, his return sucked) like Dun just did.

James has yet to come close to the trading block, let alone for Al/Jack when paired with Troy.

So in Dun's case even if he'd been healthy this year they still should have traded him. The fact that he made keeping him so horribly painful only piles onto that fact.

Dun may someday lead the Pacers someplace and you can all say "see, we told you". The problem is that I'm not talking about the FUTURE, I'm talking about the PAST, the past that people have skewed into some great Pacers career (or total career).

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

What player was available that would have made a trade with Indiana plausible. Everyone is saying they should have traded Dun last year, but I would hope you would get something decent in return. I have a gut feeling you would have been satisfied with a draft pick, which I find as a terrible trade. Lets face it Dun is not going anywhere and was not going anywhere back then when he was the best player Indiana had during the 07-08 season.