Thread: 2 Trades for a higher pick and Bynum

Default 2 Trades for a higher pick and Bynum

Trade 1
    Bynum is having issues in LA with Phil Jackson over playing time. I wonder if LA would be willing to move Bynum.
    Andrew Bynum has repeatedly showed strong displeasure at Phil Jackson in the media for his lack of playing time since coming back from injury.

“I haven’t talked to him,” Bynum said. “I want to be a Laker. This is where I got drafted. I stopped working out with other teams because I wanted to be a Laker. I knew Phil was going to be here. All he’s going to control for me is the amount of minutes I play. When I go out on the court, that’s me.”

Bynum already secured his wish when he signed a four-year contract extension last year worth $58 million.
    NY Times
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/05/sp...ref=basketball

For those that understand the triangle offense, would Murphy fit well in there? Bynum did sign a 4 year $58 million extension in the summer, which averages to about $14.5 million/season, which isnt cheap. But nevertheless, he is really young and has shown a lot of potential. I wonder how Hibbert and Bynum would play beside one another. This would give us some good low post scoring.

I was thinking of a Murphy (+filler) for Bynum trade

Trade 2
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=p92bsy It says that the trade if off by $25,000 but that would be fixed after swapping the picks
    Ford + #13 pick for Cardinal + #6 pick

This would help us get Evans and Cardinal expires in the 2010 summer which give us relief, because Ford will pick up his player option to extend his contract till 2011.

This could leave us with a potential future of:
    Evans
    Rush
    Granger
    Bynum
    Hibbert
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: 2 Trades for a higher pick and Bynum

I doubt the Lakers will move Bynum as Jackson may not even come back next year, or if he does it is likely his final season. But if they did, we'd have to give up a ton because he is young and considered a "franchise" center. Hibbert would likely be in the deal, or one of our PGs, or the draft pick. Now, it could be worth it in the long run considering how good Bynum could be, but I don't think they'd trade him at all. Hibbert would fit well in the triangle I think though.

The Lakers aren't moving Bynum for Murphy just because Phil is a little unhappy with him. They wouldn't even move Bynum for Hibbert. Phil is probably going to retire soon anyways and Bynum is still young and going to be around for a lot longer.

While the other trade is reasonable, Minnesota doesn't need TJ Ford and the extra year of his contract. They're better off just drafting the BPA at #6, who will most likely be a PG.

Mood

They are not trading Bynum anytime soon.

the second deal has better chance and is not a bad trade!

Come on... Murphy for Bynum??