Thread: Dave Grohl injures leg in scary fall on stage in Sweden but finishes show

Default Dave Grohl injures leg in scary fall on stage in Sweden but finishes show

http://www.eonline.com/news/666304/r...ni*****he-show

Rock On! Dave Grohl Injures His Leg in Scary Fall on Stage in Sweden but Returns to Finish the Show
    Dave Grohl took a knockin' and kept on rockin' tonight in Sweden!
    The Foo Fighters frontman was the picture of grit and determination after he injured his leg in a scary fall while performing at Ullevi Stadium and only took a short breather for medical attention before he returned to the stage and continued to play.
    "I think I just broke my leg," a dazed Grohl said, per BBC News, after he attempted to jump up on a ramp, missed and hit the security run.

"I'm going to go to hospital. I'm going to fix my leg. And then I'm going to come back," he continued. "You have my promise right now that the Foo Fighters—we're going to come back and finish the show."
    As if there was going to be any doubt!
    True to his word, the Sonic Highways visionary left briefly to seek medical attention and then was back in action, albeit sitting down with his bandaged leg propped up on a chair. His band mates filled the time he was gone by playing cover tunes.
    We're thinking the Foo Fighters and Florence + the Machine should hit the road together (but not too hard!) for the So-You-Broke-a-Bone-in-Concert-So-What Tour.
    There's been no word back yet from Grohl's camp as to whether he really did suffer a broken leg, but his warrior attitude does remind us of Florence Welch breaking her foot and barely letting it crimp her style at Coachella last month.

Default Re: Dave Grohl injures leg in scary fall on stage in Sweden but finishes show

He really did break his leg. He posted his X ray.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Dave Grohl injures leg in scary fall on stage in Sweden but finishes show

Music (Rock and Roll music) needs a few more guys like him. He's a rare breed in the current 'music' industry.

I think this quote from him is so damn spot-on:

“When I think about kids watching a TV show like American Idol or The Voice, then they think, ‘Oh, OK, that’s how you become a musician, you stand in line for eight ****ing hours with 800 people at a convention center and… then you sing your heart out for someone and then they tell you it’s not ****in’ good enough.’ Can you imagine?” he implores. “It’s destroying the next generation of musicians! Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy and old ****ing drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they’ll suck, too. And then they’ll ****ing start playing and they’ll have the best time they’ve ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they’ll become Nirvana. Because that’s exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some s***ty old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-a$$ ****, and they became the biggest band in the world. That can happen again! You don’t need a ****ing computer or the internet or The Voice or American Idol.”
    I'm a rock'n'roll fan from the prime time of music (late 60s, early 70s) and he would have fit right in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Dave's 46... Maybe in a few more years, maybe after another broken leg and more miles on his voice, maybe then the NFL will consider them for the Super Bowl halftime show. You wouldn't want them now while at the top of their game and smack down the middle of being inline with a huge portion of the NFL's target demographic. But maybe 10-15 years down the line they can consider them. Until then maybe they can get Cher and Madonna for a duo appearance? And let's not forget X-tina. Maybe get her before then too.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Wow he's 46? I never knew he was that old.

Don't the SB acts pay to appear on the halftime show? Maybe Dave doesn't think its worth it.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I went to a concert of theirs (was a part of Blizzcon 2011, a gaming convention) and they were awesome, would obviously be better to see with a bunch of fanatical fans of theirs, but enough people really enjoyed them. I hadn't listened to a ton of their music but it was really good.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow he's 46? I never knew he was that old.

Don't the SB acts pay to appear on the halftime show? Maybe Dave doesn't think its worth it.
    I mean, he was in Nirvana. Nevermind was almost 25 freakin years ago. Time flies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This sucks so hard if it ends up getting the concert here cancelled I was looking forward to it :/
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

He just continues to be ..... cool:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592

How's this for a rock 'n' roll fantasy? You're at a Foo Fighters concert holding up a sign that says it's your birthday and you want to play drums. Frontman Dave Grohl takes you up on your offer.