Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

  1. #1
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    http://www.pacersdraft.com/

    DRAFT
    Draft day: Thursday, June 25th, 2009
    Draft Party Headquarters: Conseco Fieldhouse
    Doors Open: 6:00 P.M.

    Be there when all the action happens!
    Join us on June 25 for our Draft Party! Admission is free. Last year, Larry Bird arranged two trades that brought seven new faces. Be there to see the next step in the drive toward playoff contention.



    • Attendance is free
    • Free hotdog, chips, and Pepsi product to the first 1,000 guests to the event
    • Free parking in the Virginia Avenue Garage
    • Enjoy exclusive coverage and in-depth analysis, commentary and live interviews from the Pacers broadcast staff throughout the night
    • Register to win great Pacers prizes
    • Live interview with our draft pick from New York

  2. #2
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,187

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    I enjoyed last years. I probably will go again this year. Plus it is great PR for the Pacers.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  3. #3
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Good times.

  4. #4
    Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northside
    Age
    27
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    I'm thinking about going to this just because I've never attended a draft party of any kind. Are these fun/interesting?

  5. #5
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_sixtyftsixin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking about going to this just because I've never attended a draft party of any kind. Are these fun/interesting?
    No, they suck and you should never, ever go to any. You will have the worst time of your life.

    /sarcasm
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 05-28-2009 at 03:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    I will be at the draft itself. I'll take some photos to share with everyone.

  7. #7
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Last year they really nailed it. I think it was even better than the old MSA ones, mainly thanks to the deluxe treatment of food and beverages.

    I'm sure it cost them plenty, but talk about community goodwill, this had perhaps the biggest bang for buck outside of a few of the dramatic wins they staged. You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.

    It's the offseason and you have a decent size crowd inside Conseco thinking about nothing but the NBA and next season. If you can't sell tickets off this event then you can't sell tickets period.

  8. #8
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.
    Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  9. #9
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...
    Bonus!

  10. #10
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...
    Oooh, free watch!

  11. #11
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...
    I was already on the ground floor.

  12. #12
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was already on the ground floor.
    Good times, I tell ya.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  13. #13

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    I don't know what the setup is like on the floor, but they should open up the floor for pickup games. And raffle off a chance to play horse/pig with the players. Hell, if the Simons need an extra stream of income so bad, just sell raffle tickets. Beat Granger in horse, win season tickets

  14. #14
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure it cost them plenty, but talk about community goodwill, this had perhaps the biggest bang for buck outside of a few of the dramatic wins they staged. You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.
    It was very, very cool to be in a building with a whole bunch of people who were excited about the Pacers.

    You could really feel the energy about the place.

    Heck, I image the buzz that PS&E get from the being around so many psych'd up fans is worth a thousand corporate 'rah rah' speeches.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #15
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

    I'll be there for sure!!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
  2. Simmons annual post draft article - always a classic
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  4. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
  5. Good article on the draft
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •