View Poll Results: Who do you think is better now Kobe or Lebron?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe

11 22.45%
  • Lebron

38 77.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kobe or Lebron

Banned

Default Kobe or Lebron

They been talking about this all week long and I wanted to know what do you guys think? who is better now Kobe or Lebron? has Lebron already taken the Torch from Kobe?

My pick is Lebron, nobody can stop him and he is only 23 years old and he has not even got to his prime yet.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 05-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kobe or Lebron

LeBron is better now and he has not yet reached his prime. Kobe has passed his. And LeBron now is better than Kobe in his prime.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

This is easy: Kobe. When the game is on the line, Kobe wants the ball and hits the shot. LeBron passes. That is what makes Kobe better - that killer instinct.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron is better now and he has not yet reached his prime. Kobe has passed his. And LeBron now is better than Kobe in his prime.
    I agree and I also think that Lebron at the end of his career is going to finish as the best player ever, passing Michael(it hurts me to say this )

Lebron is more dominant, but if a game is on the line, I would prefer Kobe.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    This is easy: Kobe. When the game is on the line, Kobe wants the ball and hits the shot. LeBron passes. That is what makes Kobe better - that killer instinct.
    Um, how many straight points did Lebron score in Detroit the year the Cavs went to the NBA Finals? Saying Lebron doesn't have a killer instinct at this point is ridiculous. Not only can he score to end a game, but he can facilitate and he will also jump from out of ****ing nowhere and slam your shot against the backboard. He's incredible.

Good Lord the amount of doubt Lebron gets is amazing. I get that some of you don't like his "show" or whatever you want to call what he does before games, but once the man is on the court he is absolutely not equaled by anyone in the NBA right now.

LOOK AT HIS ROSTER! It is miserable. Like I said in the series thread, Delonte West played 47 minutes last night. DELONTE WEST! Don't get me wrong Delonte has a place in this league, but playing 47 minutes a night in the Eastern COnference Finals? How many teams if healthy would Delonte play 47 minutes on? A hand full at best.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Lebron never had a great supporting cast. Kobe on the other hand has proved that he cannot play without All-Star caliber players. Kobe showed this by not making the playoffs before Pau came to LA).

Look at Lebron's roster. Besides Mo Williams, the team is no where compared to anything the Lakers have. Lakers have Odom coming off the bench. If Odom was on the Cavs, he would most likely be their second best player
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Lebron is the only player I have seen in my 40+ years that I would rank above Michael Jordan.

LeBron and frankly I don't think it is very close at all. Kobe is good, hell Kobe is very good but LeBron James could be the best player of all time. And I was a LeBron doubter for a long time but after watching him this year especially he is just too good.

The fact that he took that horrible team to the Finals a few years ago is nothing short of amazing. That team was starting Sasha Pavolic and Boobie Gibson. Their roster isn't even that incredible now and these guys are on warming the pine.

Sports Logo

LeBron is amazing, but all the things he gets away with and all the crying and acting just ruins it for me.

I'm biased though. I've always been more of a finesse over power and that's why I love how smooth Kobe's game is all the way to the footwork.

This discussion could go on for days without end and VitaminWater is genius for marketing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Lebron is the only player I have seen in my 40+ years that I would rank above Michael Jordan.
    I wouldn't go that far ..... yet. I'm trying to let him approach 30 years old before I start saying that .... but I'm almost certain it's coming.

-- Steve --

Lebron took at team of scrubs to the Finals (at what? 21-22 years old?). Witness.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

kobe is better talentwise, but when you consider the things that makes a player a good one like strenght,physique noone is better than lebron. he is like a one man team. he took a team that wouldn't make the playoffs without him and took them to the finals.

How do we define talent to say whether Kobe is really better? Yes, Lebron is physically unmatched in the NBA. He is a 6'9", 260 lb guy who is probably fast enough to get open against most corners in the NFL, but just because he is physically imposing does not mean he isn't also extremely talented. I would say Lebron has quite a few moves that you could call finesse.

Let's put it this way, put Lebron on the Lakers and Kobe on the Cavs. What happens? Suddenly Lebron has three guys (Gasol, Odom, Bynum) who all might be more talented or at least have a bigger impact on a game than the second best player on the Cavs (Mo Williams). Is there any doubt the Lakers will win more games and the Cavs will win less?
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 05-22-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    Witness.
    I hate this ad campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    LeBron and frankly I don't think it is very close at all.
    Agreed.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Well LeBron is special. Anyone with that height, strength, and speed combined should be able to do exactly what he is doing. I've always doubted LeBron in his ability to hit crucial shots and he has missed many, but he has proven to be dangerous in the clutch situation.

I love the guy but I don't see how "its ridiculous how much doubt" he gets. He gets away with so much things like he's the Golden Child of the NBA and its a bit similar for me and it kinda ruins it. Kobe will get criticized at the slightest flaw. LeBron is obviously better now, but you never know if he's going to be as dominant as he is now, than he will be once he reach... say Kobe's age. LeBron is clutch, but I would prefer Kobe in the 4th quarter.

LeBron erased many doubts with that incredible performance against Detroit couple years back. However that was really the only test they got in that Playoff run. I think many forget how bad the Eastern Conference was when they made it to the Finals; only to get swept by a Western Conference team. Granted he still led that Cavs team by himself; give him credit for that.

Kobe is Kobe. He is talented and cocky, but he backs it up. But that's what makes him great. He has confidence and plays with intensity. However many dislike that about him. Both players are great, and some miss out by being a fan of one and completely misinterpreting the similar greatness of the other. I'll wait for your guys, but I just wanted to input a bit of my opinion on LeBron.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

The idea that Lebron gets away with a lot more than Kobe is absurd. They both get away with a lot of things. That is a moot point.

Banned

This is so much better of a debate then the Lebron/Dwight debate that it isn't even funny.

At least with this one there can be an argument made for Kobe.

I don't agree one bit. Lebron has the killer instinct, but unlike Kobe his game includes the desire/ability to pass the ball. You can't tell me he doesn't want the ball at the end of games, but when the situation to pass presents itself he doesn't hesitate. Is he too unselfish for his own good? Maybe, but I'd still rather have Lebron at the beginning, middle, and end of games over anyone in the world.

Do I have to take either one of them? I get so tired of having them driven down my throat.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Do I have to take either one of them? I get so tired of having them driven down my throat.
    you can pick whoever you want, but if I was you I would pick Lebron

What about East V West

I know BronBron took his team to the finals but I gotta say the Lakers play in one of the hardest Divisions around and the West Conference sure has some better teams/stars

Wade to took his team to the Finals and well his supporting team was worse then Brons In my opinion...

I don't know about Jordan but I sure Knew who Bron was before he ever stepped in to the league, I don't know if Jordan was as hyped during his college days and or Kobe during his HS days, cripes the dude went 8 or 11 in the draft, I can't recall...

Bron is the chosen one, no doubt about it, he has been promoted as the future for the NBA for the next ten years, Averages close to a triple double most night, he has some skills...

Who would I take for the Pacers as a no 1 draft pick if they were both rookies at the same time..

can't deceide, they would be All Stars in the league..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Ya know, I think this argument will be decided when Lebron and the Cavs play Kobe and his all-star team. Certainly we would all agree that Kobe has a better team around him...yet who had the best regular season record? I suppose Orlando or Denver still have a shot, but Der Stern would have a fit if Kobe and Lebron were not at center stage...so you might as well order your tickets.

No GM in the league would take Kobe over Lebron simply based on Lebron's level of unselfishness, maturity and leadership. Bron was more mature at the age of 15 than Kobe is now. Throw the talent out. Even if Kobe were more talented, I would still take Lebron and it would not be close. Kind of like the difference between Chauncey Billups and Stephon Marbury. Both all-star level talents, but seriously, who would you want leading your team?

So much for that lack of a killer instict.

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem024 View Post
    I've always doubted LeBron in his ability to hit crucial shots and he has missed many...