Thread: NBA: Homegrown Edition (Rants & Raves)

streets ahead

Default NBA: Homegrown Edition (Rants & Raves)

During the draft lottery, the idea of OKC possibly winning the right to select Blake Griffin got the folks at Rants & Raves thinking about the question "What if you could only play for your home team?" You can see the breakdown of every team here but this is what the Pacers look like.

INDIANA PACERS
    C - Greg Oden
    PF - Zach Randolph
    SF - Jared Jeffries
    SG - Eric Gordon
    PG - Rajon Rondo

Bench:
    Larry Hughes (PG), Courtney Lee (PG), Brad Miller (C), Mike Conley (PG), Rodney Carney (SG), George Hill (PG), Brian Cardinal (SF), Sean May (PF), Josh McRoberts (SF), Bonzi Wells (SG), Chris Thomas (PG).

Roster Clarification:
    Rajon Rondo is from Louisville, Ky., which is just a short drive south of Indianapolis on I-65. Brian Cardinal hails from Illinois, but right near the Indiana border and having played at Purdue, heís a natural fit for the Pacers. St. Louis native Larry Hughes is a Pacer because Indianapolis is 40 miles closer to the Lou than Memphis is.

Breakdown:
    With a bevy of young, talented point guards (Rondo, Courtney Lee, Mike Conley and George Hill), a scoring machine (Eric Gordon) and a potential Bill Russell-like defensive presence (Greg Oden), the Pacers have a nice youthful core with massive upside. Mix in crafty veterans Zach Randolph (Marion, Ind.) and Brad Miller (Fort Wayne, Ind.) and the Pacers could have an Eastern Conference contender in the making. But it all depends on Gordon and Odenís development.

http://rumorsandrants.com/2009/05/nb...n-edition.html
    This Pacers team placed 11th in the EC with a record of 34-48. CP3's Bobkitties beat DG33 and the Hornets in the finals.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA: Homegrown Edition (Rants & Raves)

It's really bad that Indiana relishes its homegrown hoosiers so much, and yet this guy is claiming players from Kentucky and Missouri...

He should also name each player's hometown.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really bad that Indiana relishes its homegrown hoosiers so much, and yet this guy is claiming players from Kentucky and Missouri...

He should also name each player's hometown.
    Maybe You should Read the article we are not the only team that got players from other states as i remember you Pistons got some guys who aren't from Michigan you know what i mean it's like if the state doesn't have a team they give there players to other states that are the closest who have team.

Up never mind maybe the Piston don't have other players but everyone else does it's because you guys are so close to us

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I read that...and I'd be insulted if my "homegrown" team included players that were not "homegrown.'
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-23-2009 at 06:33 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I am with KStat. If it is homegrown...don't pick players from other states.