http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=41810

OK, I've Been Banging My Head Against the TV - Peck
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...t=43859&page=4

The Sum Of All Exams: Defensive Scheme Threads Summary - thunderbird1245
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=45103

Today in Pacer History - Jose Slaughter
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=43529

Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Pacers Thread of the Year

Very, very strong group, but I have to believe that Jose's thread is going to win pretty comfortably. It's great work, and we owe a lot to Jose for what he's given.

Phree did a great job on his .500 thread, showing creativity, dilligence, and balance.

The Poetical thread was certainly unique, and tbird's posts are always going to be considered a real contender for Thread of the Year.

All that being said, the thread that I felt most involved in, that I felt generated the highest level of interaction debate, and conversation was Peck's "OK, I've Been Banging My Head Against the TV." (As a side note, four of the eight "Pacer Posts of the Year" came out of this thread.)

Sorry, Jose. I was sure I was going to vote for your thread, but the only thing I can say is that it took unprecedented quality (in my opinion) to beat your thread. You set the bar awfully, awfully high, and I gotta reward the one that cleared it.

I agree...very strong group.

The thing I think that is so great about some of these is simply the amount of effort it took to go into such great detail to write them. It wasn't like all of these were simple to craft, many of them took I assume many many hours to put on here for our viewing pleasure.

1. PhreeRefill had to do come on here and update his thread after every game, and the entire concept that he came up with, along with his overall positive vibe and sense of hope his thread created took alot of effort.

2. Putnam, long a favorite poster of mine, took some time to come up with his Pacer poetry I'm sure.

3. Peck's thread not only was well written but contained many of the best posts of the year within it, including video evidence compiled by many of you. It got alot of people to think, always a good thing.

4. My own thread nominated was actually a summary of 7 " Jim O'Brien team defensive schemes" analysis that I did over the course of many weeks during the season. They were so long and difficult to write that even I got sick of them by the time they were over, and to date were the most in depth I think I've ever attempted. You'll have to be the judge whether the key question to our team this past season, which was: " Why does our defense struggle so much, and what can we do to fix it?" was answered.

5. Jose's thread took so much research and time to compile, and it had to be consistent every single day. it was educational, entertaining, and a must read every single time you logged on here.

6. Boombaby's Donaghy thread was about the single biggest piece of news that happened in the NBA this season, in my opinion....and one that still sort of hangs over your thoughts every time a controversial call is made in a game.

7. And of course, it was pretty neat to have Danny Granger start a thread to announce his presence to our internet community.

I'm not going to vote since my thread was a nominee, but every thread nominated was great, showing once again why this is such a great place to write for and read on a daily basis.

woman without a team

Jose's thread with honorable mention to Tbird's.

With apologies to the other nominees, I think T-Birds series was by far the best this board can offer.

His basketball knowledge & writing skills are first rate & considering the talent we have on Pacers Digest that's saying a lot.

I disagree with you Jose. I HAVE to vote for your thread because I believe it's the thread of the year, by far.

My favorite thread of the year was Peck's, followed pretty closely by tbird's set of detailed posts on defense, because as silly as it sounds, they both made it easier to cope with the ups and downs of this season. I think it's a great sign to have civilized discussion at a time when it would've been very easy to argue (Peck), and the level of detail in tbird's post made it easier to evaluate players and teams through the rest of the season. I really look forward to extremely detailed posts about the game, and that was certainly a great series. Also, count's draft picks posts were tremendous; I wish I'd been around for the nominations.

BUT, the amount of effort, thought, and research that went into Jose's thread is very admirable. I learned a lot about the Pacers, especially about the team from I time when I was too young to remember the games. And it was good to read about the things I do remember as it reminded me why I'm a Pacers fan. It's bookworthy (small book, or even calendar).

This will probably be the only award I vote for, so I hope that furthers my stance on this.

Thanks Imawhat

With just a couple days remaining in the voting I wanted to bump this back to page 1 & once again urge those that have not yet voted, to do so.

In all my years online, there had never been an individual thread in this forum or any other that I BOOKMARKED so that I could go straight to it. That is, UNTIL I did that with "Today in Pacers History". I appreciate all of the other nominees, but that thread deserves special merit for many reasons:

1) It informs people about a rich history that is often overlooked and forgotton even by those of us who witnessed much of it.
    2) it allows us to celebrate and put into perspective the accomplishments of the franchise and its great players.
    3) It allows us old geezers to reminisce.
    4) The research behind the thread is no small feat- it is obviously a labor of love that had required a lot of time, effort, and commitment.

When I bumped the thread I wanted you guys to vote for T-bird!

Thanks for voting but come on... get with the program here.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Today in pacers history is the top thread this year. It's very informative and enjoyable. Excellent job Jose Slaughter
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today in pacers history is the top thread this year. It's very informative and enjoyable. Excellent job Jose Slaughter

I concur. Jose is truly a worthy champion, a truly great fan, and a credit to this board. In a strong year of candidates, Jose stands out.

Tbird