Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunleavy: "Hard to imagine doing any better"

Default Dunleavy: "Hard to imagine doing any better"

Lots of good news. He's started shooting again (standstill), the scar tissue seems to be forming evenly (apparently a big deal), he's not had any pain since post-op (a really big deal), and he saw Star Trek.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800025515

I won't post the stuff he said about Trek... it could be awkward for some beloved members of our forum.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dunleavy: "Hard to imagine doing any better"

That's awsomew news!!!!
    Did he like it more then the original?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

He said he really didnt like it , as he is not really a fan ..

Now me personally , I absolutely LOVED it........
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

great news. Hopefully he can return sooner than Jan 2010. So far his progression sounds pretty good. We'll desperately need him back considering that we only have Rush and Granger thus far.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

If he comes back, he's still coming off the bench.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Dun hatin' on the nerrrrrds.

Dayum, Junior. Them's fightin' words.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I agree. Rush had a good few months at the end of the season, and considering we are trying to focus on better defence , Rush's dee will get him that starting position over Dun. It'll be some good backup off the bench
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Doubtful. Even hurt he still averaged 15 ppg last season and he is a favorite of O'Brien's. I see hm as our starter until Rush can outplay him.

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    Doubtful. Even hurt he still averaged 15 ppg last season and he is a favorite of O'Brien's. I see hm as our starter until Rush can outplay him.
    He might be better than Rush offensively, but there is no question who is better on the defensive end. As a team, we dont have a problem putting points up, our problem is playing defense.

At this point you always start the better player, which is Dunleavy without a doubt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    At this point you always start the better player, which is Dunleavy without a doubt.
    Comepletely agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    He might be better than Rush offensively, but there is no question who is better on the defensive end. As a team, we dont have a problem putting points up, our problem is playing defense.
    Wake me up when he gains consistency. Veterans like Dunleavy that you can count on to play well every night should always get the nod over inconsistent rookies.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

Firstly, you dont always start the better player. Is Roger Mason Jr better than Manu Ginobili and/or Finely? Is Dontay Jones better than JR Smith? Is K.Azubuike better than Maggette (thats is a comparable example to Rush and Dunleavy)?
    Wake me up when he gains consistency. Veterans like Dunleavy that you can count on to play well every night should always get the nod over inconsistent rookies.
    Hes a rookie. Would you agree that he was consistent over the last few months of the season?

Dunleavy has no sense of defense. We dont need another scorer, we're stacked with those already. We need someone who could play some defense, which Rush can do. Look at Rush's last 3 games of the season, he scored 24 points, 27 points, and 21 points and never shot less than 50% http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brando....html?nav=page
    Last edited by MillerTime; 05-21-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Mood

O'brien's already said that Rush is going to be the starter as long as he starts next season playing as well as did at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dunleavy
    The only thing different I notice these days is the actual look and feel of my knee. It has a decent-sized scar on the front that looks like it should have a zipper at the top. When you touch it, the left knee feels like a baby's bottom whereas the right feels like it's been through the ringer -- slightly puffier than the right and you can feel the incongruity in the tendon.

"A baby's bottom?"

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    O'brien's already said that Rush is going to be the starter as long as he starts next season playing as well as did at the end of this season.
    There you go, you've answered out question...I didnt recell JOB saying that, but I'm not surprised

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe that we have apparently just forgotten the previous 5 years of Dun's career before his 19ppg season...The guy wasn't exactly Mr. Reliable in terms of on court production. Now he's coming off a pretty serious knee injury and we're just acting like he is immediately going to step in and make this team better. Sorry I don't see it. This team doesn't need Dun's offensive abilities in the starting lineup, off the bench? Yep. Rush's D is far more important than what Dun brings to our starting 5.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Don't put the cart before the horse - even if Dun makes fantastic progress this summer there is no way he'll be playing minutes before mid-season.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Don't put the cart before the horse - even if Dun makes fantastic progress this summer there is no way he'll be playing minutes before mid-season.
    There's a horse?

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    There's a horse?
    Yeah, Dun said he probably be playing a lot of stand-still "horse" this summer.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    There's a horse?
    He came w/ Dun & Ike in the GS trade & plays PF.

How soon we forget....
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Major minutes, at least. He could start getting 10mpg or something earlier in the season at this rate.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Firstly, you dont always start the better player. Is Roger Mason Jr better than Manu Ginobili and/or Finely? Is Dontay Jones better than JR Smith? Is K.Azubuike better than Maggette (thats is a comparable example to Rush and Dunleavy)?

Hes a rookie. Would you agree that he was consistent over the last few months of the season?

Dunleavy has no sense of defense. We dont need another scorer, we're stacked with those already. We need someone who could play some defense, which Rush can do. Look at Rush's last 3 games of the season, he scored 24 points, 27 points, and 21 points and never shot less than 50% http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brando....html?nav=page
    When the tough times got going, Gino started over Mason and Finley. I don't really think Nelson knows how to make a lineup, so no, I'm not going to comment on that one. Karl doesn't have an inbounds play, so I'm not gonna comment on that either.

As far as defense is concerned, Dunleavy plays great defense as long as he isn't paired with Murphy. He's got decent tools to work in Jim O'Brien defense, and if you look at our offensive efficiency ratings, we are almost as bad, if not worse. We need offense just as much as we need defense.

And starting doesn't really matter in the long run if they don't get minutes. So sure, start Rush, but he shouldn't get more than 20 minutes per game.

When the tough times got going, Gino started over Mason and Finley. I don't really think Nelson knows how to make a lineup, so no, I'm not going to comment on that one. Karl doesn't have an inbounds play, so I'm not gonna comment on that either.

As far as defense is concerned, Dunleavy plays great defense as long as he isn't paired with Murphy. He's got decent tools to work in Jim O'Brien defense, and if you look at our offensive efficiency ratings, we are almost as bad, if not worse. We need offense just as much as we need defense.

And starting doesn't really matter in the long run if they don't get minutes. So sure, start Rush, but he shouldn't get more than 20 minutes per game.
    Well if Dun is going to start (as you say) then hes most likely going to have to be paired with Murphy because Murphy will definately start if we have this roster coming into the season