Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

  1. #1
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,790

    Default Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Tyrus Thomas is eligible to receive an extension from the Bulls this summer. But the team's interest in doing so is in doubt.

    DraftExpress is reporting that the Bulls may seek to package Thomas with Kirk Hinrich to fetch an elite power forward via trade.
    Chicago Tribune
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6912668.story
    By K.C. Johnson




    Hinrich and Thomas should be a good trade for Bosh, but Raps have locked up Jose long-term so I dont know how that would work out. I wonder if Jack plus our #13 will be enough to score Thomas. For sure our #13 wouldn't, we would have to add something also.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  2. #2
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    If only Troy Murphy was an elite power forward...
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  3. #3
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,790

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If only Troy Murphy was an elite power forward...
    only if...we wouldnt be in the need of a PF then
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  4. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    I would rather have Jack than Thomas.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    We need athleticism in the front court. There aren't many front court players as athletic as Thomas. I would welcome him with open arms. Don't forget he's only 22.

  6. #6
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,448

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Is it pretty much confirmed that Bosh will be out of Toronto by the end of his contract at the latest?

  7. #7
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Do you actually think that Thomas could understand this defensive system? He plays with athleticism, but almost no knowledge of the game. He is Stromile Swift 2.0 and I don't see him increasing his play unless he learns how to play the game.

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    I don't want any part of Thomas - for lack of a better term he is a knucklehead. Makesa a lot of bad decisions, pouts, doesn't always work or play hard - I could go on. he is talented though and I suppose it is possible he might finally "get it" but that will likely be a few years if at all

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Well, all signs point to Bosh being VERY unhappy..so yes.

    As for Tyrus I think we need to overpay for him, as if we lowball there will be much better offers out there. Offering Jack is hilarious when they have Rose, Hinrich, and Gordon.

  11. #10
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    They won't resign Gordon

  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won't resign Gordon
    Sure. He's definitely not a major part of their team's offense. Shipping Tyrus definitely doesn't give them space to resign Gordon.

  13. #12
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, all signs point to Bosh being VERY unhappy..so yes.
    Really? This is news to me.

  14. #13
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    How many $50M offers did Ben Gordon turn down? They will have to pay him $10M a year plus....To be a six man? He doesn't play defense (Ray Allen just hit another three in his face). He can shoot you out of a game (game seven..missed his last 4 shots).

    Deng is overpayed on a longterm contract. Why would they do that with Gordon? It basically means that two of the following will need to sit the bench during crunch time Deng, Gordon, Salmons, Hinrich.

    I would rather have Salmons than Deng (contract considering) and Hinrich rather than Gordon (contract and defense considering).

    I really think Rose is being limited because of Gordon.

  15. #14
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,790

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather have Jack than Thomas.
    I wouldnt. I'd be more than content to move Jack (and picks) for Thomas. Jack, even though will be missed, can still be replaced by Ford and Deiner. Jack would probably do a better job than them for us, but Thomas would be a much better upgrade for our team considering his defense abilities
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  16. #15
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,790

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it pretty much confirmed that Bosh will be out of Toronto by the end of his contract at the latest?
    Pretty much. Bosh is unhappy and isnt willing to resign with the Raps so they might move him this summer before they lose him for nothing...like how they lost T Mac
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  17. #16

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnt. I'd be more than content to move Jack (and picks) for Thomas. Jack, even though will be missed, can still be replaced by Ford and Deiner. Jack would probably do a better job than them for us, but Thomas would be a much better upgrade for our team considering his defense abilities
    I acknowledge your point, MT, but I side with Anthem. Thomas is potentially more valuable from the neck down, but as UB says, he's a knucklehead ... or at least suffering from arrested maturity. In parallel to the glorified term, "student-athlete," Jack is a "(high-)character-player."

    I'd make an offer built around Tinsley + #13 for Thomas + Chicago's #26. If Chicago can figure out its SG situation, I think Tinsley would make a fine back-up. Moreover, Chicago may make moves (e.g,. Hinrich for Kaman) to go deep into the playoffs next year, so they'll be interested in a quality veteran back-up PG. (With #13 and #16, they could add some nice depth, or perhaps trade up to get Harden.) Too many PDers have been overly boisterous in their character bashing; imo, Tinsley will make a fine back-up on a championship-caliber team.

  18. #17
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnt. I'd be more than content to move Jack (and picks) for Thomas.
    I wouldn't move Jack, not Jack and A pick, and certainly not Jack and PICKS.

    Athletic is nice, but we also need players with something above the shoulders. If we could move Trophy or Tinsley for him then that's one thing, but not a player who would be part of the rotation.

    Never mind the fact that Jack's a free agent.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #18

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want any part of Thomas - for lack of a better term he is a knucklehead. Makesa a lot of bad decisions, pouts, doesn't always work or play hard - I could go on. he is talented though and I suppose it is possible he might finally "get it" but that will likely be a few years if at all
    Right on UB.

    Thomas can produce. Whoever says he is Stromile Swift is wrong. I think Thomas is better than that. I think that there will be plenty of teams with interest in getting Thomas I just hope the Pacers aren't one of them. I want know part of any potential knucklehead.

  20. #19
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    When describing Thomas, I think the word "rough" is a closer fit than "stupid".
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  21. #20

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you actually think that Thomas could understand this defensive system?
    We have a defensive system ??

  22. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have a defensive system ??
    A very good one with poor players in it...

  23. #22
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have a defensive system ??
    We also have endless threads talking about that system. All of which is unread, because people assume that the defense is ALL JOB's fault. If only it were that easy.

  24. #23
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    JOB's system is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. That is his fault.

    He can have the best system in the world, but if it can't be done by the players he has then it's useless. That's the argument.

  25. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We also have endless threads talking about that system. All of which is unread, because people assume that the defense is ALL JOB's fault. If only it were that easy.
    It just kind of shocks me when I see countless posts about the need to improve defense and then every now and then, a thread about what a great addition Adam Morrison (one of the worst, if not the worst defensive player in the league) would be.

    And it's not about Adam Morrison. To me that tells me some people expect the coach to create some magical system where the team somehow plays good defense even with horrible defensive players on the team.

  26. #25

    Default Re: Tyrus' Days As A Bull Numbered?

    I don't have any particular interest in Thomas. But isn't he only 21 ?

    He played a couple years for a knucklehead down at LSU and is in
    another new system in CHIC. He obviously has some growing up to
    do. But, given his raw physical gifts, he's probably worth waiting on
    a bit longer before writing him off.

    If he's still making the same mistakes, etc. in 2-3 years, then perhaps
    he is Stromile Swift redux.

Similar Threads

  1. Counting: It's Fun.
    By N8R in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 66943
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
  2. Back to the 'Glory Days'
    By IndyHoosier in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
  3. Schefter: Harrison's Indy days are done
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
  4. Thomas Opens Bull Market?
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •