Thread: OT: Indianapolis Residents.

Default OT: Indianapolis Residents.

Well this is my very first post on the pacers digest forum. Im 17 years old and from Toronto, Canada. Ive been a pacer fan for 7-8 years and ill be visiting Indianapolis very soon to visit the area and find out what its like before I come again next season to see a game in the Conseco Fieldhouse. Ive seen quite pacer games in the Air Canada Center.

But my real question is for all the Indianapolis Residents. I was wondering which Hotel would be a good place to stay. Im looking for something right in the center of downtown that has attractions in a reasonable walking distances. I also wanted to know what r some Attractions in indianapolis. I read about the Indiana Basketball hall of fame and the Ncaa Hall of Champions r these worth visiting and is there anything else like that?

Hopefully some of the knowledgeable Indianapolis residents can help me out and i also plan to start posting regularly about the actual pacers.

Default Re: OT: Indianapolis Residents.

Well, what kind of price range are you looking for? There's quite a few hotels downtown, You have the Onmi, Westin, Marriot, Best Western and a few others.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You might find one here...

http://www.orbitz.com/App/PerformDat...anapolis+hotel

I got it off of yahoo with a +Indianapolis+downtown+hotel search

The Marriot is a nice hotel at a reasonable price.

Thx for the hotel info.

Any info about attractions/good shopping malls etc.

I also wanted to know if the Canseco Fieldhouse would be open so I could visit the team store inside.

Mood

Conseco Fieldhouse is open during the week I believe until 5 in the afternoon.

Circle Center mall is a good place to shop.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree completely with Hicks. I'm also a fan of the Champions restaurant in the Marriott.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleLip
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thx for the hotel info.

Any info about attractions/good shopping malls etc.

I also wanted to know if the Canseco Fieldhouse would be open so I could visit the team store inside.
    You could actually take a tour of Conseco if you wanted. I'm pretty sure they give tours year round.

theres a westin and marriot? oooh I think I Just numbered down my "Collective" choices per say..heheheh
    are those the top hotels? that and the omni? jw

FYI: The Basketball Hall Of Fame is in New Castle, IN and that is about an hour plus from downtown Indianapolis.

Hall of Champions is overrated but make sure you take student ID so you can get in at the student discount.

The hotel info has already been covered previously.

Some things to go to are the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the IMS Hall of Fame (if you're into auto racing history at all-it is all there). Conseco fieldhouse tour. RCA Dome tour (locker rooms, etc. but it's not a great tour. Downtown also has a very nice zoo within walking distance from most downtown hotels. If you're in during baseball season, Victory Field (AAA baseball) is a great place to see a game. There is the Eiteljorg Museum and Indiana State Museum which are both nice-again within walking distance to most downtown hotels. The Circle Center Mall is connected to the convention center as well as most big time downtown hotels. Very nice shops in there and a very nice food court. Downtown restaurants are awesome so whatever you want, you will find it down there.

I hope this info helps a bit and enjoy your stay.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Man that Jersey in your avatar is sick! I wonder if i showed up rocking one of those if i'd get some looks. anywho, I better become a lil familiar with indy, I'll be living there by November!!!!
    Make sure you all say wasup to me at the games...you won't miss me, ima be the "JO Guy" an idea i been planning. Kinda like the Pacer Guy aka Sign man But a BIG JO SUPPORTER. Signs/Throwback High school jerseys, and anything I can think of to stand out. (how's a HUGE picture of Jermaine's Face on a stick sound? LOL cool)
    anywho it's w/e i can come up with! People will Know i'm there! I'll be just as recognized as well .

Everything downtown is within walking distance.

Just make sure you be wary of bums trying to get money off you. Don't be afraid, just tell them you don't have any money and pray they leave you alone after that.

You can go check out the historical MSA. Of course, it's just a big parking lot right now, but you can go stand on the site where Reggie used to shoot threes.

There's always the Conseco Fieldhouse parking lot. That's always a fun place to hang out.

Thx alot guys. I dont think ill have to worry about the bums theres probably more here in Toronto than Indianapolis so im use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man that Jersey in your avatar is sick! I wonder if i showed up rocking one of those if i'd get some looks. anywho, I better become a lil familiar with indy, I'll be living there by November!!!!
    Make sure you all say wasup to me at the games...you won't miss me, ima be the "JO Guy" an idea i been planning. Kinda like the Pacer Guy aka Sign man But a BIG JO SUPPORTER. Signs/Throwback High school jerseys, and anything I can think of to stand out. (how's a HUGE picture of Jermaine's Face on a stick sound? LOL cool)
    anywho it's w/e i can come up with! People will Know i'm there! I'll be just as recognized as well .
    Little off subject eh?
    AKA Sactolover05