Thread: Trading down?

Default Trading down?

Option 1. Pacers trade the 13th pick and Troy Murphy to New Orleans for James Posey, Antonio Daniels, and the 21st pick.

Option 2. Pacers trade the 13th pick and Troy Murphy to Atlanta for Speedy Claxton, Mo Evans, Acie Law and the 19th pick. Also could work with Claxton and Horford, but I don't think the Hawks would give up Horford.

Option 3. Pacers trade both 09 picks and Troy Murphy to Philly for Reggie Evans, Louis Williams, and the 17th overall pick.

I would do any of these trades in a heartbeat. Thoughts?
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trading down?

I take it you really want to trade Troy?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it you really want to trade Troy?
    Ha, what on earth gives you that impression. Indeed, I do think we need to look to move Murphy this offseason. Partly because I don't think he helps us win, and partly because he is essentially our only realistic trade option. I think we can all agree that Granger, Rush, and Hibbert are all staying put. If we resign Jack, I don't see us moving him, and I think T.J. will also certainly be back next year. I don't believe anyone else on our roster has much trade value. Foster will be 33 next year, Dunleavy is in injury hell, and we will be lucky if we can pay someone to take Tinsley away. So yes, I want to trade Troy, but it is as much out of pragmaticism as it is out of my personal feelings.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

man...I dont like any of those deals. I think we can get more for Murphy
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Post Artest- Keep in mind the Pacers are starting year two of a three year plan. I do understand wanting to trade Troy but he is due around 24 million the next two seasons. I believe he will have more value next year as an expiring to our organization because teams that missed out of the great free agent class of next summer will be looking for an expiring contract.

As far as your deals they are trades for the sake of trading not trades that improve the the Pacers. If the Pacers trade down they should look to acquire more draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Post Artest- Keep in mind the Pacers are starting year two of a three year plan. I do understand wanting to trade Troy but he is due around 24 million the next two seasons. I believe he will have more value next year as an expiring to our organization because teams that missed out of the great free agent class of next summer will be looking for an expiring contract.

As far as your deals they are trades for the sake of trading not trades that improve the the Pacers. If the Pacers trade down they should look to acquire more draft picks.
    In theory, I agree that Murphy should have more trade value as an expiring contract next year. However, he is coming off of a freakish statistical season that he very well may not reproduce. I think this boosts his trade value a little. I still think many people around here overrate the guy. You say that these are just trades for the sake of trading, but I'm not sure Atlanta, New Orleans, or Philly would pull the trigger. Not many teams are likely to take on a player as soft and weak defensively as Murphy. That is why, following last season's statistical aberration, we need to look to move Murphy to anyone who will take him. Furthermore, trading down from 13 to 17-21 does not hurt us at all, and I feel that getting rid of Murphy does, in fact, improve the Pacers. Although I do understand that we are still years away from contention, and I don't necessarily mind waiting until next year to ship him off, I think we need to actively try to move him as best we can.