Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 111

Thread: Chris Kaman?

  1. #76
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is back from Dec 2006, but shows that Dunleavy Sr wants Dunleavy Jr on this team:


    http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/sto...2/19/133318/50

    This clearly shows Dunleavy Sr's interested in having Dunleavy Jr on his team. Thats why I propsed the trade of Kaman for Dunleavy Jr. If Dun Sr clearly wants his son on his team and theres rumors that Kaman is available, why not swap
    Yeah but that was back two years ago...

  2. #77
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but that was back two years ago...
    Even though its from almost 2 years ago, it definatly shows Dunleavy Sr's interest in acquiring Dun Jr. I havent read anything recently regarding this though
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  3. #78
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even though its from almost 2 years ago, it definatly shown Dunleavy Sr's interest in acquiring Dun Jr. I havent read anything recently regarding this though
    -fixed

    :slaps forehead:

    sigh...

  4. #79
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -fixed

    :slaps forehead:

    sigh...
    Why dont you say something? Am I wrong for what I just stated?

    Could you prove anywhere that Dun Sr doesnt have interest in Dun Jr anymore? Or are you making assumptions that because the link is from 2 years ago, Dun Sr's interest has faded away?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  5. #80
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why dont you say something? Am I wrong for what I just stated?

    Could you prove anywhere that Dun Sr doesnt have interest in Dun Jr anymore? Or are you making assumptions that because the link is from 2 years ago, Dun Sr's interest has faded away?
    I couldn't back myself up if I wanted to prove you wrong. I'm just sure that the idea of Dunleavy Jr. going to the Clippers at this point is long gone.

    I really don't think that Kaman is someone we could use right now that's better than who we have. Either of Murph's or Dunleavy's contracts are still too large to teams that aren't fully aware of their value here now.

    I mean if we could keep Mike for this trade, then I'd be all for it. But I don't see that happening. Obviously you see a need for him, but we don't want to give up anything that LAC could be looking for. Tinsley right now is the only guy we should be shopping right now. Our team finally has a little chemistry, and to ruin that now could really hurt us. I don't care if it is just one or two positions, but Dunleavy is in the plans for the future of this team.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 11-12-2008 at 02:46 AM.

  6. #81
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't back myself up if I wanted to prove you wrong. I'm just sure that the idea of Dunleavy Jr. going to the Clippers at this point is long gone.

    I really don't think that Kaman is someone we could use right now that's better than who we have. Either of Murph's or Dunleavy's contracts are still too large to teams that aren't fully aware of their value here now.

    I mean if we could get rid of Tinsley and keep Mike, then I'd be all for it. But I don't see that happening. Obviously you see a need for him, but we don't want to give up anything that LAC could be looking for.
    You really dont think Kaman is better than Rasho, Murphy, Foster, Bason, Hibbert or McRoberts? You have got to be kidding me

    Hibbert will be good, dont get me wrong, but at this point in his career, he is not as good as Kaman. I probably wont want to give up Hibbert in a Kaman deal because of Hibbert's potential .

    To say that Murphy and Dunleavy's contracts are long, Kaman is making the same amount of money that Dun is making, and has one year longer than Dun. To say Dun's contract is too long for a team, like the Clipps, not to realize his full value, is just ridiculous. If anyone knows Dunleavy's value, it will be his father
    Last edited by MillerTime; 11-12-2008 at 04:55 AM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  7. #82
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really dont think Kaman is better than Rasho, Murphy, Foster, Bason, Hibbert or McRoberts? You have got to be kidding me

    Hibbert will be good, dont get me wrong, but at this point in his career, he is not as good as Kaman. I probably will wont give up Hibbert in a Kaman deal.

    To say that Murphy and Dunleavy's contracts are long, Kaman is making the same amount of money that Dun is making, and has one year longer than Dun. To say Dun's contract is too long for a team, like the Clipps, not to realize his full value, is just ridiculous. Is anyone knows Dunleavy's value, its will be his father
    Fine, Baston, you've got your guy. You can call me crazy, insane, an idiot. I don't care. I'm liking what I see so far. I don't want it broken up just yet.

    Kaman is putting up good numbers right now, even after missing a lot of the season last year, but I'd rather keep the team the way it is. It's not a good time to dismantle something that we are working on rebuilding.

    I can go on and on with this. We each have reasons on why we feel we should go each way, but I honestly don't have the patience to do this.

    Mike is worth more than money, at least when he gets back and healthy, he could help carry the team with Danny and T.J.

    Kaman is likely staying put or either going to Golden State. I really don't feel we have anything to offer LA that they feel they will get an equal return.

    Obviously daddy knows first hand how son is doing. But this just isn't going to work. Hands down.

    We need to worry about unloading Tinsley. That is the top priority. On the court our goal is to win games and get Dunleavy healthy. Like I said, he and Danny are the two men that will lead this team into the future.

    I'm done, take it or leave it. Goodnight.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 11-12-2008 at 03:04 AM.

  8. #83
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine, Baston, you've got your guy. You can call me crazy, insane, an idiot. I don't care. I'm liking what I see so far. I don't want it broken up just yet.

    Kaman is putting up good numbers right now, even after missing a lot of the season last year, but I'd rather keep the team the way it is. It's not a good time to dismantle something that we are working on rebuilding.

    I can go on and on with this. We each have reasons on why we feel we should go each way, but I honestly don't have the patience to do this.

    Mike is worth more than money, at least when he gets back and healthy, he could help carry the team with Danny and T.J.

    Kaman is likely staying put or either going to Golden State. I really don't feel we have anything to offer LA that they feel they will get an equal return.

    Obviously daddy knows first hand how son is doing. But this just isn't going to work. Hands down.

    We need to worry about unloading Tinsley. That is the top priority. On the court our goal is to win games and get Dunleavy healthy. Like I said, he and Danny are the two men that will lead this team into the future.

    I'm done, take it or leave it. Goodnight.
    Obviously we have differing views in this situation. I respect your opinion.

    This is what messege boards are for...to post your ideas and listens to what others have to say about it

    Have a G'nite
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  9. #84
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...n_trade_story/

    Dunleavy Denies Chris Kaman Trade Story
    Nov 12, 2008 6:42 AM EST

    L.A. Clippers coach and president Mike Dunleavy has denied that his team is shopping big man Chris Kaman, the L.A. Times is reporting.

    Dunleavy's denial were in response to a report which appeared in the New York Post saying that the team were trying to trade their center.

    Dunleavy said he turned down the Charlotte Bobcats when they approached the Clippers and expressed interest in Kaman.

    "They got the rejection," Dunleavy said. "But they threw it out there that I almost had a dance with somebody."

    Kaman said he heard about the rumor through a friend.

    "I enjoy playing here," Kaman said. "I hope I can stay here for a while. But if there are other plans, that's their deal and it's their business."

    "I don't know what the trade [proposal] was. But it doesn't really matter. If you don't look at it like a business, you're going to get offended too easily."
    As usual, much ado about nothing.

  10. #85
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what is expected. No team is going to come out and say a player wants a trade, unless they want to drop their value
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  11. #86
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what is expected. No team is going to come out and say a player wants a trade, unless they want to drop their value
    Ok, what's more likely?

    The Clips were approached about Kaman, spurned the advances, but the rumor was picked up by Peter Vecsey, and he spun it into Kaman being on the block.

    or...

    Peter Vecsey is right.

  12. #87
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,530

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, what's more likely?

    The Clips were approached about Kaman, spurned the advances, but the rumor was picked up by Peter Vecsey, and he spun it into Kaman being on the block.

    or...

    Peter Vecsey is right.
    Any question where option B is Peter Vescey is right, I choose A.

  13. #88
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Now that Randolph is on the Clipps, its more likely that Camby or Kaman will be moved. Theres no point in having all 3 of those big men, they could move one of the for a player or some picks.

    I think nows the time Bird gets on the phone and call Dun Sr. I really hope Bird is active in trying to get Kaman (considering that half the NBA has called Dun Sr about him)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  14. #89
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Update:
    Dealing Chris Kaman?: It's fairly clear the L.A. Clippers cannot hang on to the glut of frontcourt players they have, mainly due to the amount of salary they now consume – Marcus Camby - $10 million, Zach Randolph - $14.6 million, Chris Kaman - $9.5 million. Of the Clippers $60 million payroll, more than half is tied up in those three, which has prompted many around the league to come calling. Sources close to the Clippers say they have heard from at least 18 NBA teams with interest in the Clippers bigs. The Charlotte Bobcats have been the most vocal, however sources say even the latest offer of Jason Richardson was not enough to get the Clippers really talking. The belief from within the Clippers is that it is far too early to see if Zach Randolph is going to fit and solve the problems and there are still questions about Marcus Camby's durability. Camby missed the first three games of the season, but has been fairly consistent so far averaging 10.3 points and 10 rebounds a contest. Camby's best offensive games have come within the last week. Chris Kaman on the other hand has been bothered by a sore arch in his foot, and there is growing concern about why his numbers are down from last year. He averaged 15.7 points and 12.7 rebounds a game in 2007-2008 compared to this season's 13.9 points and 9.4 rebounds. Some of that can be attributed to playing with Camby, but there is a belief that Chris may have peaked already and that's why his name continues to be floated in rumors. Clippers sources would not say Kaman was "untouchable" admitting that the trade deadline might bring some temptations for the Clippers. The source did say that they viewed it as "highly" unlikely that the Clippers make any more deals in the next month. The Charlotte Bobcats and the Chicago Bulls are rumored to have the most interest in Chris Kaman, so it will be interesting to see how aggressive both teams get in offering up players.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10757
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  15. #90
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Chris Kaman on the other hand has been bothered by a sore arch in his foot, and there is growing concern about why his numbers are down from last year. He averaged 15.7 points and 12.7 rebounds a game in 2007-2008 compared to this season's 13.9 points and 9.4 rebounds.
    Yeah, he's just terrible. only 13.9 and 9.4?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #91
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, he's just terrible. only 13.9 and 9.4?
    Ya i remember reading that. His numbers didnt drop that drastically
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  17. #92
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    pls don't argue whether kaman is good or not. he's obviously better than everyone we have. he's one of the most underrated players in the league. some players don't get the respect they deserve whatever they do and kaman is one of them.

    13,9 ppg, 9,4 rpg, 1,9 apg, 1,9 bpg, 0,571 fg%, 0,75 ft%

    if these aren't good what is? i would be more than happy if hibbert end up getting these stats 5 years from now.

  18. #93
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Kaman is a fantastic "true" center. But he's always run into the same two problems: 1) unable to mesh well with other big men. and 2) next in line for the honorary Brad Miller Perpetual Foot Injury Award.

    I love me the way Kaman plays, but he is not an individually amazing player. His presence does not create wins.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  19. #94
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaman is a fantastic "true" center. But he's always run into the same two problems: 1) unable to mesh well with other big men. and 2) next in line for the honorary Brad Miller Perpetual Foot Injury Award.

    I love me the way Kaman plays, but he is not an individually amazing player. His presence does not create wins.
    Very few players do.

  20. #95

    Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    i would be more than happy if hibbert end up getting these stats 5 years from now.

    You sure are optimistic Hibbert will still be a Pacer in 5 years. I'm not let alone Hibbert having those stats.

  21. #96
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Chris Kaman?

    I liked that previous thread we have about Morrison, so I thought I'd start one about Kaman. Ive always been a fan of Kaman, he has a great post game and his shot blocking skills are also pretty good. I think with the Clips most certainly drafting Griffin, one of their bigs will be expendable.

    I made a thread proposal also http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=42374

    Overview: A budding All-Star at center who has finally adapted to the NBA game. Has good height (7-1 in shoes), a nice standing reach and great bulk for the center position. Shows great quickness for his size. Gets off the ground well. Very coordinated for a big man. Has a decent jump shot, but lacks range. Can score in numerous ways from the post. Rebounds the ball extremely well on both ends. Has a unique skill set for a center due to his coordination, although he’s not quite as efficient offensively as you might hope. Blocks some shots on the defensive end. Showed the same development he’s shown in the NBA during his three year career at Central Michigan. Won the MAC Player of the Year Award as a junior before leaving for the draft. Continues to develop at an impressive pace. Elton Brand’s injury has brought out the best in him.

    Offense: One of the most effective post up players in the league today. Still developing his consistency, but the moves and the talent is there already. Gets almost three fifths of his offense in post up situations. Has all kinds of post moves. Uses fakes, pumps, and jabs like a veteran. Better turning over his left shoulder than his right, but has soft touch with both hands. Nice repertoire of hooks and turnarounds. Does most of his damage from the right block. Knows how to draw contact. Goes to the line at a pretty high rate, and shoots an above average percentage. Dunks the ball when he can get the ball up. Great offensive rebounder. Good face up jumper. Has good form, and should improve in that area when he spends more time in the high post with the return of Elton Brand. Not the most consistent post scorer in terms of efficiency, but displays all the fundamentals and tools to become one. Will be more efficient when he isn’t the focal point of the offense. Very good ball handler for his height. Capable passer as well, but turns to ball over when he faces a good double team, something he sees pretty frequently. Good pick and roll player. Has the game of a veteran, but needs to show that he can produce next to another great post player in the coming seasons.

    Defense: A previously undistinguished defensive player who has improved on that end just as much as he has improved offensively. One of the League’s most prolific shot blockers. Displays absolute impeccable timing. Isn’t overly explosive, so he uses his anticipation and lateral quickness to contest most shots. Still foul prone, but not nearly as bad as he used to be in that regard. Experience has helped him immensely. Shows great rebounding skills. Very soft hands, seldom loses possession once he has it. Could become part of a truly dynamic defensive front court pair with Marcus Camby.
    Last edited by MillerTime; 05-19-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  22. #97
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Kaman?

    I would be happy to get him. Would he be a starter at center or backup to Roy?

  23. #98
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked that previous thread we have about Morrison, so I thought I'd start one about Kaman. Ive always been a Kaman, he has a great post game and his shot blocking skills are also pretty good. I think with the Clips most certainly drafting Griffin, one of their bigs will be expendable.

    I made a thread proposal also http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=42374
    Always?

  24. #99
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always?
    oops...fan of...
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  25. #100
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be happy to get him. Would he be a starter at center or backup to Roy?
    Well if we were to acquire him this offseason, I could see the Pacers starting Kaman and Murphy and bringing Hibbert off the bench, especially with JOB as coach. But a lineup of Granger, Kaman, and Hibbert is something nice.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



Similar Threads

  1. Some Trades to Acquire Kaman
    By MillerTime in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
  3. IKL Draft Thread - Draft Re-start - make your picks here
    By Jose Slaughter in forum International Keeper League
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
  4. Chris Lofton's Struggle with Cancer
    By themayhem87 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •