Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kaman?

Default Re: Kaman Might be Available?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are quick to talk about Kaman's looks and how he's a beast of a center. But no one's addressed his character or how he would fit into the current Pacers.
    From everything I've ever heard or read about Kaman, it sounds like his character is beyond reproach. As for how he'd fit with the current team, I don't think he's any slower or less athletic than Roy or Rasho, so I think he'd fit in just fine.

What I really like about Kaman is that he's a true beast on the boards. Right now, I don't really think you can play Danny at PF for extended minutes because our rebounding suffers. If you have Kaman in the middle, you can move Danny up to PF almost anytime they're on the floor together.

I'm very happy with the current roster, but I think you'd really have to listen to offers like Kaman for Dunleavy, Rasho and Hibbert, or 'Quis and Hibbert.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would not trade Hibbert under any circumstances right now. Not even for Kaman.

I think they would be able to get better value for him than what the Pacers could offer. I am not really all high on trading Rasho or Dunleavy but because the Pacers, at least in the past, haven't had any confidence in bringing in high dollar FA's I think they are more likely to use Rasho as trade bait this season than to let his contract expire and use the cap space to bring someone else in. Which is a shame because I like Rasho and I think he's severly underappreciated. But they did that with Croshere and it may be in the team's best long-term interest.

Then again Danny's new contract has to figure in there some way, too. I'm not a capologist.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I would not trade Hibbert under any circumstances right now. Not even for Kaman.
    If Hibbert, at 26, is as good as Kaman is now. No one will be dissapointed and he'll be considered an excellent 17th pick.

- Salman Rushdie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    If Hibbert, at 26, is as good as Kaman is now. No one will be dissapointed and he'll be considered an excellent 17th pick.
    Granger was a 17th pick. Look how good he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Granger was a 17th pick. Look how good he is now.
    So were Sean Williams, Shawne Williams, Zarko Cabarkaba, Juan Dixon, etc. Kaman was the 6th pick and no one considers him a bust. He makes $10 million, and very few people consider him overpaid.

My point is that Kaman is a very, very good center and that if Roy becomes as good as Kaman, the Pacers will be in very good shape.

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So were Sean Williams, Shawne Williams, Zarko Cabarkaba, Juan Dixon, etc. Kaman was the 6th pick and no one considers him a bust. He makes $10 million, and very few people consider him overpaid.

My point is that Kaman is a very, very good center and that if Roy becomes as good as Kaman, the Pacers will be in very good shape.
    If Hibbert turns out to be as good as Kaman, he will be the undisputed steal of the draft.

It's a moot point, as Kaman is not really available to us anyway. That said, outside of D 12, I can't think of a young center I would rather have than Kaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    If Hibbert turns out to be as good as Kaman, he will be the undisputed steal of the draft.

It's a moot point, as Kaman is not really available to us anyway. That said, outside of D 12, I can't think of a young center I would rather have than Kaman.
    There are three young centers, all with the same initials, that I would rather have over Kaman...

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I guess. It really doesn't bother me as is but I think the trade proposal thread should be just for fictional/hypothetical trade scenarios. If there's an article regarding a player that's on the block I think that's newsworthy and open for discussion. If you don't want to discuss it you can just read the article and be on your way.

I also think it shouldn't devolve into multiple trade scenarios including trade checkers and crap like that.
    Thank you. If there a article about player available, whats wrong with posting it in the general forum?

If you guys dont think we should do Kaman for Dunleavy, I dont know what else to say...

To trade Dunleavy for Kaman is very possible considering that Dunleavy Jr's father wants to coach his son. To pass up on a future of:

Ford
    Rush
    Granger
    Kaman
    Hibbert

You have to be nuts to say you would want that. Theyre all young and grow together
    Last edited by MillerTime; 11-11-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Thank you. If there a article about player available, whats wrong with posting it in the general forum?

If you guys dont think we should do Kaman for Dunleavy, I dont know what else to say...

To trade Dunleavy for Kaman is very possible considering that Dunleavy Jr's father wants to coach his son. To pass up on a future of:

Ford
    Rush
    Granger
    Kaman
    Hibbert

You have to be nuts to say you would want that. Theyre all young and grow together

With that front line we would consistently get destroyed by the KGs and Amares of the league..

Banned

I would love to get kaman, he was a beast last year , there was a time were he was getting 20/10.

I wish I added a poll in this tread to see how many people would like a Dunleavy for Kaman trade
    Last edited by MillerTime; 11-11-2008 at 08:43 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I'd trade Dun for Kaman even if we had to throw in Rasho. The thing is that they could use a backup pg after Williams retired, but I can't think of a trade involving Tinsely and Dun that would land Kamen. Kamen is a top 5 center when he's healthy. I think the asking price would start with mutliple first round picks and I wouldn't want us to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I wish I added a poll in this tread to see how many people would like a Dunleavy for Kaman trade
    The Clips front office would say no.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NEVER EVER!!!!!!!

Which is very possible. Kaman was a 6 and 5 guy his rookie year. Hibbert is a 5 and 3 guy six games into his career and (so far) has a significantly better FG%. If he progresses at a reasonable rate and doesn't hit a gigantic rookie wall he will have as good if not a slightly better rookie season than Kaman.

Actually I hope and think Hibbert will turn out to be quite like Kaman, which for the Pacers will be excellent.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    There are three young centers, all with the same initials, that I would rather have over Kaman...
    Let me guess....

Andrew Bynum
    Andrew Bogut
    Andris Biedrins (or is it Beidrins)

I'd take Kamen over Andris....maybe....I think....yeah, I probably would....maybe.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I'd trade Dun for Kaman even if we had to throw in Rasho. The thing is that they could use a backup pg after Williams retired, but I can't think of a trade involving Tinsely and Dun that would land Kamen. Kamen is a top 5 center when he's healthy. I think the asking price would start with mutliple first round picks and I wouldn't want us to do that.
    I think throwing in Rasho would be too much. Theres reason why Dunleavy for Kaman would work.
    1. The fact that Kaman is available leaked, just brought Kaman's value down.
    2. THe fact that Dunleavy Sr is now the GM of Clipps (if im not mistaken) and he has always wanted to coach his son, is another incentive that the deal might work.
    3. The fact that Kaman only played 56 games last season due to injuries is another reason the deal might work. Teams might be reluctant to pick up Kaman beause they might be afraid he could reinjure again, and he has a long term contract

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    Let me guess....

Andrew Bynum
    Andrew Bogut

I'd take Kamen over Andris....maybe....I think....yeah, I probably would....maybe.

Yeah.
    I would take Kaman over Bogut

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    Let me guess....

Andrew Bynum
    Andrew Bogut

Yeah.
    I would take Kaman over every one of those players, without blinking.

And Millertime, where have you gotten the idea from that Kaman for Jr. would be acceptable to Clips? I may be mistaken (I often am) but everything I have heard has been that neither Jr. nor Sr. think it would be a good idea for them both to be invoved with the same team.

You take Kaman over all those players besides Bynum easily.

You take him over Bynum if you're a starting center away from winning the championship this or next year.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Yep... I'd like a Dun for Kaman deal to happen.

Hardest palyers to get in the NBA are quality big men, centers especially. The Pacers are playing as well as can be expected so far this season without Dun.. actually better than most expected.

Then we would have a proven high caliber center with Kaman... Hibbert gets to continue his developement and hopefully becomes a center piece in a deal for a high quality young SG in the next couple years, cause you know, quality centers command high asking prices.

Really, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat... not really so much for this season or next even, but for the bigger picture of the future. Mike's got his role today, but I dont see him as being a big part of whatever future success this team has.

I would take Kaman over every one of those players, without blinking.

And Millertime, where have you gotten the idea from that Kaman for Jr. would be acceptable to Clips? I may be mistaken (I often am) but everything I have heard has been that neither Jr. nor Sr. think it would be a good idea for them both to be invoved with the same team.
    The idea of Dun for Kaman is what I thought of. I have read a lot of of news, back when Dunleavy was part of GS, that his father wanted him on the Clipps

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard that, too. I'll try and dig it up somewhere...

Right after we made the GS trade, there was a lot of rumors going around that Jr. was going to be sent to LAC for Magette, but there was someone who said that he and his dad wouldn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I've heard that, too. I'll try and dig it up somewhere...

Right after we made the GS trade, there was a lot of rumors going around that Jr. was going to be sent to LAC for Magette, but there was someone who said that he and his dad wouldn't work out.
    Is Dunleavy Sr the GM of the Clipps now?

This is back from Dec 2006, but shows that Dunleavy Sr wants Dunleavy Jr on this team:

Coach Mike Dunleavy is pushing to make a deal, in part, so he can clear enough cap room to acquire his son, Mike Dunleavy Jr., from the Warriors
    http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/sto...2/19/133318/50

This clearly shows Dunleavy Sr's interested in having Dunleavy Jr on his team. Thats why I propsed the trade of Kaman for Dunleavy Jr. If Dun Sr clearly wants his son on his team and theres rumors that Kaman is available, why not swap