Thread: Dear God, It's Me Margaret.

Default Dear God, It's Me Margaret.

Dear God, I know I haven't been going to church for awhile now. I know after you saved me from that STD I said I would start going from now on, but then football season came and I believe that Peyton needed me, every sunday, even during the BYE.

But this time is different. I realize .06% is very bleak, but miracles can happen right? I figured that praying might be a good idea this time. You came thru for me before. You made my blind date turn out hot, you made that cop not ask what was in the bag, you made the UFC finally give Lyoto Machida a title fight. So I'm back, once again, asking you for one more favor.

God, can you please somehow, with all your power, and magic, and wizard like powers, awesome beard, and robe, make the Pacers win the draft lottery? If you do, I promise I'll start going to church again, and I'll even stop stealing cable. Please lord, please god, please please please, not only do I ask for myself, but other Pacers fans.

Amen.

PS- Can you talk Zach Braff into coming back for another season of Scrubs? I didn't feel that the ending really meant much, I mean, there are unanswered questions and I'm just not ready for it to end.

Default Re: Dear God, It's Me Margaret.

Dude, at least save it for a better year. Blake Griffin ain't Shaq.

And if it makes you feel better, I thought I saw that Braff was the only confirmed returnee.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

I read that Braff was the only one NOT willing to return. I'll research it again, if you can find me that link, it'll make my day. Scratch that, year.

I'd just like to win the lottery. I never win in anything, not even stratego.

Braff and Sarah Chalke are slated to come back for the occasional episode. Donald Faison is staying on full time.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I'm so happy I can't feel my arms. Thank you kegboy. You're now my new best friend. Or dad. Whichever you prefer.

I hope they do it long term though. Not just another season. I think Bill Lawrence will keep the show pretty good, and I did like the new interns. I'm hoping that John C. McGinley stays on. I love Cox. (I mean the Dr.)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no idea what's going on.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what's going on.
    I feel safer not knowing.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I feel safer not knowing.
    Do you mean the part where they ruined a perfectly good book or when they started talking about Scrubs?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Dear God, I know I haven't been going to church for awhile now. I know after you saved me from that STD I said I would start going from now on, but then football season came and I believe that Peyton needed me, every sunday, even during the BYE.

But this time is different. I realize .06% is very bleak, but miracles can happen right? I figured that praying might be a good idea this time. You came thru for me before. You made my blind date turn out hot, you made that cop not ask what was in the bag, you made the UFC finally give Lyoto Machida a title fight. So I'm back, once again, asking you for one more favor.

God, can you please somehow, with all your power, and magic, and wizard like powers, awesome beard, and robe, make the Pacers win the draft lottery? If you do, I promise I'll start going to church again, and I'll even stop stealing cable. Please lord, please god, please please please, not only do I ask for myself, but other Pacers fans.

Amen.

PS- Can you talk Zach Braff into coming back for another season of Scrubs? I didn't feel that the ending really meant much, I mean, there are unanswered questions and I'm just not ready for it to end.
    Apparently we must attend the same church, albeit some 2,000 miles or so apart. And I'm willing to pray that the Pacers get #1 - and Blake Griffin - if in return you will pray that the Kings get #2 - and Ricky Rubio.

Amen.

P.S. I totally agree about Scrubs. If nothing else, I really need to know who janitor really is - I mean, does he frequent message boards? Does he play Kingdom of Loathing in his spare time?

Some questions must be answered.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    Apparently we must attend the same church, albeit some 2,000 miles or so apart. And I'm willing to pray that the Pacers get #1 - and Blake Griffin - if in return you will pray that the Kings get #2 - and Ricky Rubio.

Amen.

P.S. I totally agree about Scrubs. If nothing else, I really need to know who janitor really is - I mean, does he frequent message boards? Does he play Kingdom of Loathing in his spare time?

Some questions must be answered.
    His name is Glenn Mathews. Or that's what he said in the series finale.

And if the Pacers get the number 1 pick, I'll probably hug someone tight enough to be charged with sexual assault. But I'm also completely realistic in my thought process that we won't get it. We never do, but .06% isn't veyr likely, at all. Which is why I resorted to praying.

I also got on my knees and prayed to the Allah. I just have to figure out what they call the Jewish god.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    His name is Glenn Mathews. Or that's what he said in the series finale.
    Didn't you see at the very end? After JT walked away, someone else walked by and said, "Hello, Tim (or something like that)" to janitor. So I can only believe that Glenn Mathews was merely another phony persona...

As disappointing as this draft was for the Kings, can you imagine how Blake Griffin must feel? He's going to LA - to play for three years as the ugly stepchild to the Lakers. Even when they're the home team, the Clippers don't use the nice locker rooms.

And can you imagine a worse owner? I'd rather play for Attila the Hun than Donald Sterling...

Ah, well. At least we (the Kings) don't have to worry about the #23 jersey conflict.

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yahweh-Jewish God

Apparently "they" all have better things to do than work the numbers so that another wealthy athlete finds his way to the Pacers. Maybe "they" cursed the NBA by giving the pick to the Clipps.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    Didn't you see at the very end? After JT walked away, someone else walked by and said, "Hello, Tim (or something like that)" to janitor. So I can only believe that Glenn Mathews was merely another phony persona...

As disappointing as this draft was for the Kings, can you imagine how Blake Griffin must feel? He's going to LA - to play for three years as the ugly stepchild to the Lakers. Even when they're the home team, the Clippers don't use the nice locker rooms.

And can you imagine a worse owner? I'd rather play for Attila the Hun than Donald Sterling...

Ah, well. At least we (the Kings) don't have to worry about the #23 jersey conflict.

You mean JD? And I think I heard 'Glenny' or 'Glenn', I'd have to watch it again.

The Clippers have to much talent to suck as hard as they do. Gordon had a great year and was a very awesome addition to my fantasy team once he started getting his chances. I look at that team, and wonder if the mesh of collective individuals are ever going to bank on the potential they have. Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Zach Randolph, Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby, Blake Griffin. That's a very solid 7 man rotation. Last year, injuries really took their toll, and potentially, they could be a playoff contender. But...

Baron Davis = Headcase. Al Thornton = Lazy. Zach Randolph = Temporarily motivated, otherwise Lazy Headcase. If you were to say that your two leaders, veterans, that are 'mentoring' your younger stable of stars (Griffin, Gordon, Thornton) were Davis and Randolph, well I'd be concerned. That is why the Clippers fail. I do, however, have a lot of envy for the overall talent that the Clippers have in their front court. Randolph, Kaman, Camby, Griffin. I felt DeAndre Jordan showed alot of promise in the few chances he got to shine. In a four game span in which the Clippers were without Randolph, Kaman, and Camby, Jordan pulled over 12 rpg, with 3 bpg. I know this because the Clippers injuries inabled me to have a few good weeks inwhich I picked up their benchwarmers that were getting playing time.