Thread: Some Trades to Acquire Kaman

Default Some Trades to Acquire Kaman

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=o8josh
    We send Ford to Dallas, Dallas sends Stackhouse and Barea to Clipps and Clipps send us Kaman.
    This is purely a salary dump on Clips part. Once its time to extend Gordan and Griffin, theyre going to be way over the luxury tax.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=oejvma
    Kaman for Dunleavy
    The main incentive for us to try this is Dunleavy Sr is GM and coach of the Clips, Im sure hes going to want to coach his son. I know Dunleavy is injured but so was Kaman most of last season.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=ph93s6
    Ford for Kaman.
    This allows Ford to backup Baron or at times even lets Baron play SG. Ford also has one year less on his contract than Kaman
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Some Trades to Acquire Kaman

I like the Ford for Kaman deal. Not sure if the Clippers would accept.

Where would we use Kaman as a starter and Roy a backup or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the Ford for Kaman deal. Not sure if the Clippers would accept.

Where would we use Kaman as a starter and Roy a backup or the other way around?
    Or we could add a third team and give Ford to Dallas and have Dallas send Stackhouse to Clips (for salary relief)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MT, I really like these deals. I think the least likely is us sending Ford straight up for Kaman unless they can deal Baron. That doesn't make much sense for them especially with the Clippers high hopes for Mike Taylor.

I really like the Dallas deal. I think that is easily the most realistic trade. Even if Kidd sticks around, TJ can be a great change of pace guy. We take on extra salary, but we get a big body for years to come. Kaman and Hibbert all of a sudden become relevant as a front court tandem. Murphy and Foster can then come off the bench for 20-25 minutes per game and be very productive. We then can draft a PG at 13, because I think James Johnson will be off the board, due to the lack of top tier depth at PF in the draft. There are alot of project PF's late in the draft though and we can bolster the front court with a PF in the second.

I like the Dunleavy deal because its an injured player for a player coming off injury. We take on three years of salary where they reduce their commitment to two years. They would owe Dun only 20.3M while we would take on 33.9M for Kaman. Makes sense for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=o8josh
    We send Ford to Dallas, Dallas sends Stackhouse and Barea to Clipps and Clipps send us Kaman.
    This is purely a salary dump on Clips part. Once its time to extend Gordan and Griffin, theyre going to be way over the luxury tax.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=oejvma
    Kaman for Dunleavy
    The main incentive for us to try this is Dunleavy Sr is GM and coach of the Clips, Im sure hes going to want to coach his son. I know Dunleavy is injured but so was Kaman most of last season.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=ph93s6
    Ford for Kaman.
    This allows Ford to backup Baron or at times even lets Baron play SG. Ford also has one year less on his contract than Kaman
    I don't see the Clippers interested in any of those.

They don't want/need Ford with Baron already there at his big salary. It'd be way too much money to pay for one position.

And another thing: They don't need to dump Kaman to make room for Gordon/Griffin's future extensions. Kaman's deal runs an additional 3 seasons. Gordon has another 3 years on his rookie deal and Griffin will have 4, so Kaman's deal will be off the books by the time those 2 are up for extension.

The Clips don't need to dump Kaman for pure salary purposes. They can be choosy in what they want back if they want to trade him. Kaman is a skilled 7 foot true center, and there will be lots of teams in line if they really want to dump him. Lastly, Kaman is still a relatively young guy. Camby is 35. Kaman in the long run is probably the best guy to pair up front with Griffin.
    Last edited by d_c; 05-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.

None of this beats the rumored hinrich for kaman deal.