Thread: (OT)- Wilt Chamberlain Video Tribute..

Default (OT)- Wilt Chamberlain Video Tribute..

Since Wilt's death for the last couple of years Billy Cunningham has been working on getting contributions for a Wilt Chamberlain statue to put outside the Wachovia Center. The other day they unveiled the statue in a ceremony honoring Wilt; a very nice statue. Anyway, there is a pretty cool video tribute on the 76ers website to Wilt I thought you guys might like to check out. Its about 4 minutes long and its not the quality of MagicRat's vids but its still pretty nice. I think you need real player to view it.

www.76ers.com

[edit=73=1088884886][/edit]

Default Re: (OT)- Wilt Chamberlain Video Tribute..

Thanks Dipper - indeed a touching tribute. There are many, many basketball players I consider great. I always thought of Chamberlin as the greatest. This in no way diminishes the others - simply shows how "great" great is.

Having worked in track and field for many years, I knew about his involvement. What most don't know is that he was a pretty good professional volleyball players too - even at the age he was playing.

Thanks again.
    [edit=18=1088884025][/edit]
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Chambizzle

I also hear he was "great" with the ladies too

Very nice video tribute. He was retired when I started following pro basketball but I always had this guide that listed everyone's height and career stats (an older book) and it had the box score of his 100 point game (still incredible) and his career stats. For those of you who don't really know his career stats, I suggest you go look them up and see how many rebounds he totaled and averaged per game, points per game average, and number of times he fouled out-but don't forget to look at his free throw shooting, too. I wonder how many points he would have averaged if he shot just 60 or even 70% from the foul line? Wow. He was just incredible. Period.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wilt might be the most underrated "best ever" ever. Since the NBA wasn't near as popular then as its been over the past fifteen years, it annoys me that people only consider him "one of the best ever".

ABA, what did you do for track and field? If you don't want to de-rail this tread and potentially bore everyone else, then PM me.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you