View Poll Results: Underrated Poster of the Year 2009

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • BillS

    5 8.93%
  • BlueNGold

    3 5.36%
  • CableKC

    8 14.29%
  • ChicagoJ

    1 1.79%
  • count55

    8 14.29%
  • d_c

    3 5.36%
  • imawhat

    3 5.36%
  • Infinite MAN_force

    1 1.79%
  • mellifluous

    3 5.36%
  • Putnam

    4 7.14%
  • Roaming Gnome

    11 19.64%
  • Speed

    4 7.14%
  • Unclebuck

    2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Underrated Poster of the Year

    BillS
    BlueNGold
    CableKC
    ChicagoJ
    count55
    d_c
    imawhat
    Infinite MAN_force
    mellifluous
    Putnam
    Roaming Gnome
    Speed
    Unclebuck

  2. #2
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,044

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Putnam gets my vote. If he wrote more often he would be a candidate for MPV.

  3. #3
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Just my thoughts... but a number of these posters are not underrated because they are (approriately) in other categories. For example, BillS, count55, and UncleBuck are nominated for MVP. So they're not underrated.

    imawhat, melliflous, Putnam, d_c, are in other categories as well.

    But how in the heck is CableKC only in one category? Ditto for BnG, Speed, Gnome and MAN_force.

    I'm torn - those are five excellent choices.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Well that's a "duh" for me. I didn't notice Bill was in MVP (since compiling it last week, that is to say).

    I suppose if I think of it for 2010 (God, we're really there now?), I'll just take out anyone who is a finalist for MVP (because it does become a contradiction at that point IMO). I think it's fair game for Sunshine or Darkside nominees, or Moderate.

  5. #5
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    You can make a case that BillS or the other MVP candidates are actually underrated, so I don't know that they should automatically be excluded from this. I'm really happy that we have several first-time nominees for MVP this year. Personally, I prefer this particular award to recognize someone that doesn't rack up a bazillion nominations but really makes solid contributions to this board. And those last five (KC, BnG, Gnome, MAN_force, and Speed) all fit into that category.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Yeah, this is a toughy - Can't vote for BillS, Count, UB, ChicagoJ, Speed..,......just realized as I was going down the list, not sure I can vote for anyone, because all are pretty highly rated in my book

    Probably not fair, but I'll vote for Speed

  7. #7
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,554

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    I went with count55, he really seems to know his stuff or ( at the very least ) does a very good job of making it sound like he knows his stuff
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #8
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can make a case that BillS or the other MVP candidates are actually underrated, so I don't know that they should automatically be excluded from this. I'm really happy that we have several first-time nominees for MVP this year. Personally, I prefer this particular award to recognize someone that doesn't rack up a bazillion nominations but really makes solid contributions to this board. And those last five (KC, BnG, Gnome, MAN_force, and Speed) all fit into that category.
    Based on your definition, I'd go with Speed or Cable, and I just might. However, I nominated melli for three different categories, including this one. I nominated him for MVP (but he didn't make the final list) and "Moderate" as well. I think it's pretty easy to underestimate how much of the conversation he initiates and drives.

    I've got to think about it for awhile. I'm definitely leaning towards melli (despite his other nominations), but Speed and Cable get at least a pretty big nod. I'll cast my vote later.

    (And, while I appreciate the votes, I really don't think I belong in this category. If anything, I'm probably overrated.)

  9. #9
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on your definition, I'd go with Speed or Cable, and I just might. However, I nominated melli for three different categories, including this one. I nominated him for MVP (but he didn't make the final list) and "Moderate" as well. I think it's pretty easy to underestimate how much of the conversation he initiates and drives.
    I agree with this. I've got similar thoughts for imawhat.

    No idea how I'm going to vote on this one yet...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  10. #10
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    I think I'm going to go with CableKC. Dude is always putting up stellar information and is one of the anchors of the forum. For him not to be nominated for any other award truly says to me that he is underrated.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  11. #11
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    By the way, I think this award needs to be nominated after the rest of the nominations are laid out. As CJay pointed out, there are a lot of nominees that have been nominated for other awards. Hard to be underrated when your up for other awards.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  12. #12
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,554

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm going to go with CableKC. Dude is always putting up stellar information and is one of the anchors of the forum. For him not to be nominated for any other award truly says to me that he is underrated.
    I appreciate the thoughts....but ( according to my wife ) I root for a mediocre Team while continuously post on some message Board to people that I have never met. I don't really know anything about basketball outside of what I have learned from all of you guys.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #13
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I think this award needs to be nominated after the rest of the nominations are laid out. As CJay pointed out, there are a lot of nominees that have been nominated for other awards. Hard to be underrated when your up for other awards.
    That is why I nominated him. I was surprised that he was not in the MVP, but I think that so many people focused on the apparent. I can see KC being nominated next year for it, no doubt. QuickRelease, Speed, Will Galen ,and Athem are more guys who need to be in this field. Good quality depth nowadays at PD.

  14. #14
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,163

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm going to go with CableKC. Dude is always putting up stellar information and is one of the anchors of the forum. For him not to be nominated for any other award truly says to me that he is underrated.
    I agree on KC. He is one of the better posters on the board. A very high percentage of good, thoughtful posts.

  15. #15
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I think this award needs to be nominated after the rest of the nominations are laid out. As CJay pointed out, there are a lot of nominees that have been nominated for other awards. Hard to be underrated when your up for other awards.
    I disagree with this a little. I think it's possible to be nominated for other awards and still be underrated. Keep in mind that it's an open nomination process, so a nomination just means that someone was noticed by a couple of posters, but not necessarily by the board as a whole.

    In any case, after a lot of thought, I'm going to give my vote to melli. Cable and Speed are both unbelievably strong candidates for this, and I was this close to giving it to one of them, but...

    mellifluous it is.

  16. #16
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Roaming Gnome, no question about it to me, though there's several others that are definitely underrated aswell.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  17. #17
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Never heard of melliolujwrous - so he/she is getting my vote. They must be doing something right to make this list. Since most of the other candidates are probably widely known and appreciated for their efforts, I'm not sure how they can be seen as underrated. We need an overrated award.

  18. #18

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    I only regret that I have but one vote to cast in this poll.




    Everybody on this list (myself least of all) makes excellent contributions. I know I've learned things from every single person listed, and the only way to eliminate anyone is to ask whether they are genuinely underrated.

    So, on the assumption that Unclebuck and count55 are going to appear at the top of the MVP vote, and that ChicagoJ, Gnome, BillS, CableKC, BlueNGold and Speed are respected old-timers who deserve recognition but are too well-known to be under-rated, the choice is among d_c, imawhat, InfiniteMANforce and mellifluous.

    I remember occasions when post from each of those four made me pause and reread. I'm going with imawhat on ths strength of some really good data-based posts, but the others deserve recognition, too.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  19. #19
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    It was between Count55 and Gnome for me and that was a tough choice. I think Gnome is a little more underrated so I went with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  20. #20
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    There are too many candidates falling under this category that don't fit. They have contributed significantly over the years and simply cannot be considered underrated i.e Buck and Gnome.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are too many candidates falling under this category that don't fit. They have contributed significantly over the years and simply cannot be considered underrated i.e Buck and Gnome.
    I like to think that I am underrated, however it depends on who is doing the rating.

  22. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    This was insanely difficult. I went with count55 because I have found myself more and more interested in his contributions of late.

  23. #23
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like to think that I am underrated, however it depends on who is doing the rating.
    Is that underrated...Or just unrated?




    Just messin'











    Or, am I?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  24. #24
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    Count55 is my no brainer MVP pick, so I question his credentials to be considered underrated.

    In other news I resisted the burning temptation to vote for myself, which would have been poor form, and now am basking in the glory of getting nominated for something..
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  25. #25
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: 2009 PD Forum Awards - Underrated Poster of the Year

    I believe pacergod2 should be on the list. The man correctly predicted the season and the Jermaine O neal trade.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. 2009 PD Forum Awards - Award Winners
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 11:08 AM
  3. 2009 PD Forum Awards - Off Topic Thread of the Year
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
  4. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 12:19 AM
  5. Which is better for the Pacers, high draft pick or playoffs?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •